Windows 10: I got a new laptop 2 days ago and today it randomly restarted..

Discus and support I got a new laptop 2 days ago and today it randomly restarted.. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I thought it might have been some more updates I forgot to reschedule or something, but nothing came up about that. It simply restarted. I looked in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ellielt, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Ellielt Win User

I got a new laptop 2 days ago and today it randomly restarted..

I thought it might have been some more updates I forgot to reschedule or something, but nothing came up about that. It simply restarted. I looked in my event viewer and this is what I found:

Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: BlueScreen
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: 124
    P2: 0
    P3: ffffc08f5c9fc8f8
    P4: 0
    P5: 0
    P6: 10_0_16299
    P7: 0_0
    P8: 768_1
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\windows\Minidump\071218-30343-01.dmp
    \\?\C:\windows\TEMP\WER-32343-0.sysdata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER87E3.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8A73.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER8AD2.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_124_9f5c3e8b2f79646d5a40f497f56ce451e5fd96_00000000_cab_1c66af51

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: b2bff825-e047-4cbe-b450-30d9730a0efd
    Report Status: 2049
    Hashed bucket:

Should I take the laptop back? I haven't had any other issues bar this random restart, and the screen didn't go blue or anything, literally just restarted. It is working fine now but I am worried my laptop has a hidden error. Should I take it back and explain what happened do you think? I have 2 years warranty but I am worried as I need the laptop this week for school.

:)

Ellielt, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Jo_2013 Win User

Installed Windows 10 2 hours ago. Laptop stuck on "Restarting

Installed Windows 10 2 hours ago. Laptop stuck on "Restarting". Any suggestions on how to rectify?

OP - Jo_R

Jo_2013, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Laptop keeps randomly restarting

Hi Alex,

Your Windows 10 laptop may have encountered a system conflict that may have caused your laptop restart randomly. For us to help you with your Windows 10 concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have a third-party antivirus software installed?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Mouse stopped working 2 days ago

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons for this matter to occur. One possible cause is your
    drivers
    might be
    outdated
    or the issue is within the
    device/hardware
    itself. However, we need to make sure that it is the case. To isolate the issue, we have
    some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried downloading and installing the latest driver update available in your computer/laptop manufacturer's
      website?

• Have you tried using the device to another computer?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    Device Vendor manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. I got a new laptop 2 days ago and today it randomly restarted.. - Similar Threads - got laptop days

2. BSOD while surfing on a laptop that I got few days ago?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while surfing on a laptop that I got few days ago?: Got this lenovo legion that I primarily use for gaming and it bsod yesterday but got back to normal immediately after. I ran windows sdk on the memory dump file. I have no idea how to interpret this data. I would appreciate it if I can get the help to prevent future...
  3. BSOD while surfing on a laptop that I got few days ago?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while surfing on a laptop that I got few days ago?: Got this lenovo legion that I primarily use for gaming and it bsod yesterday but got back to normal immediately after. I ran windows sdk on the memory dump file. I have no idea how to interpret this data. I would appreciate it if I can get the help to prevent future...
  4. KB4023057 pending install after 2 restarts today, installed in history 22 days ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB4023057 pending install after 2 restarts today, installed in history 22 days ago: I had some updates I postponed for a couple weeks, I forgot to set it for another 7 days before I left earlier and came back to them installed. I have KB4023057 saying it successfully installed on 3/1/2022, today is the 23rd. I know the Xerox Extension does this as well, is...
  5. KB4023057 pending install after 2 restarts today, installed in history 22 days ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB4023057 pending install after 2 restarts today, installed in history 22 days ago: I had some updates I postponed for a couple weeks, I forgot to set it for another 7 days before I left earlier and came back to them installed. I have KB4023057 saying it successfully installed on 3/1/2022, today is the 23rd. I know the Xerox Extension does this as well, is...
  6. KB4023057 pending install after 2 restarts today, installed in history 22 days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Guys, I bought a laptop a year ago and it had Windows activated already , but today I got a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Guys, I bought a laptop a year ago and it had Windows activated already , but today I got a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/A_dirt_block [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m2jfs4/guys_i_bought_a_laptop_a_year_ago_and_it_had/
  8. BSOD after update 2 days ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after update 2 days ago: really really annoyed can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-update-2-days-ago/abf644ec-4e2e-4058-9df8-7e867907d72c
  9. My laptop has restarted three times today. I have updated to Windows10 2004 five days ago....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop has restarted three times today. I have updated to Windows10 2004 five days ago....: System -Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID41 Version8 Level1 Task63 Opcode0 Keywords0x8000400000000002 -TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2020-10-10T14:10:27.9592607Z...
  10. restore to 2 days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore to 2 days ago: I want to restore computer to 2 days ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-2-days-ago/85995d58-361e-497c-9c7b-7972ccc13c4d