Windows 10: I got an incorrect type of file, because I accidentally clicked it.

Discus and support I got an incorrect type of file, because I accidentally clicked it. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got two comparisons the first one was mine: The underlined part is the incorrect file. [img] The second part is the correct one. The underlined... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Erifgoc, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Erifgoc Win User

I got an incorrect type of file, because I accidentally clicked it.

I got two comparisons
    the first one was mine: The underlined part is the incorrect file.

I got an incorrect type of file, because I accidentally clicked it. [​IMG]

The second part is the correct one. The underlined part is what I wanted.

I got an incorrect type of file, because I accidentally clicked it. [​IMG]

The issue is, that I can't seem to figure out on how to fix it. Even if I find a program to open, I can't still to figure it out.

Anything helps me.

:)

Erifgoc, Mar 12, 2017

2. I got a new game, but I can't play it because of a pop-up window

Hi,

There are several causes why you can't launch your
    games and apps. A possible reason as to why you're encountering this issue is due to the game's corrupted components.
    To isolate problems with Fallout Shelter, here is a link on
    how to download and use Apps Troubleshooter.

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out

Jomari Arc, Mar 12, 2017
  3. LillianGK Win User
    I got a new game, but I can't play it because of a pop-up window

I recently downloaded a game, Fallout Shelter, and I opened it up, trying to play. While on the loading page, a large black window opens. It looks like a usual window, with the rim on the top with the X to close the tab, but the rest of the window is completely
    black. The odd thing about it is that the window will stay open for 3-10 seconds, and then disappear for 10-15 seconds. The game, behind this window, cannot load. This problem had happened once before with another game I had gotten, Minecraft. It took a few
    days, but eventually it went away. This pop-up will not go away. None of my other games or applications have run into the same problem. I have checked task manager to try and spot an application that seemed off, but everything seemed fairly normal.

LillianGK, Mar 12, 2017
  4. I got an incorrect type of file, because I accidentally clicked it.

Hi Erifgocw

I'm not really following but you could try this.

Start => Settings => System => Default apps --- Scroll down right hand side and click on "Choose default apps by file type"

Scroll down to the file extension in question, click on app right hand side, choose the app you want.

Another way would be to "Set defaults by app" which is just below the selection above. Find your app,"Tablet preference utility" then click "Set this program as default".

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 12, 2017
  5. Erifgoc Win User
    I tried on what you suggested from the very start. I bothered to try it again, and it's still not fixed for me.

Erifgoc, Mar 14, 2017
  6. Well if that doesn't change it then you very well have to manually alter the registry.

Found this thread. Maybe you can request your file type be added. That said if you alter the registry it is likely you will have to re-install program to get it to work again.

Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10

Apart from the name associated with file if the right program is associated does the program function properly. If it does I'm not sure I would be changing.

I wondering if the fix may be as simple as uninstalling program and then re-installing.

See if the other thread meets your needs. I would proceed with caution when the registry is involved.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I got an incorrect type of file, because I accidentally clicked it.

1. I got an incorrect type of file, because I accidentally clicked it. - Similar Threads - got incorrect type

2. I accidentally clicked on not saving a file in paint 3d, is there a way to recover it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally clicked on not saving a file in paint 3d, is there a way to recover it?: I would also like to know were do backups of paint 3d are in my pc, because it doesn't appear in my saved projects in paint 3d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-clicked-on-not-saving-a-file-in/8fdac6f5-9300-4a52-8593-b22d9b06e7d2
  3. I accidentally clicked on not saving a file in paint 3d, is there a way to recover it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally clicked on not saving a file in paint 3d, is there a way to recover it?: I would also like to know were do backups of paint 3d are in my pc, because it doesn't appear in my saved projects in paint 3d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-clicked-on-not-saving-a-file-in/8fdac6f5-9300-4a52-8593-b22d9b06e7d2
  4. I accidentally clicked on a sus link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally clicked on a sus link: I clicked on a sus link, the web page loaded but I clicked off. The website was secure and I cleared my web data. I then went on with my day. I Ran a virus check on windows defender where it came up ok. Am I good to go or should I still be careful....
  5. I accidentally clicked on a sus link

I accidentally clicked on a sus link: I clicked on a sus link, the web page loaded but I clicked off. The website was secure and I cleared my web data. I then went on with my day. I Ran a virus check on windows defender where it came up ok. Am I good to go or should I still be careful....
  6. I accidentally clicked on a sus link

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Incorrect labeling of file types in downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect labeling of file types in downloads: Hello - I need a CSV file to upload to a platform that only takes CSV files. Not Microsoft Excel CSV files. CSV.I know the difference between Excel and CSV.I know how to Save As. And export. And change the filename. And add a file extension.The problem is that whenever I do...
  8. Incorrect labeling of file types in downloads

Incorrect labeling of file types in downloads: Hello - I need a CSV file to upload to a platform that only takes CSV files. Not Microsoft Excel CSV files. CSV.I know the difference between Excel and CSV.I know how to Save As. And export. And change the filename. And add a file extension.The problem is that whenever I do...
  9. I Accidentally Got ".igal" Ransomware Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Accidentally Got ".igal" Ransomware Virus: I accidentally downloaded a ransomware virus and now I cannot reach any of my files in my hard drive because all my files converted to ".igal" format and no app can open them.I attached a few examples and please, somebody help me to fix this. I really don't know what to...
  10. I accidentally installed debian by clicking the iso file on my windows I interrupted the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally installed debian by clicking the iso file on my windows I interrupted the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrackingTheKraken [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jc5sl8/i_accidentally_installed_debian_by_clicking_the/