Windows 10: I got missing network protocols and I'm about to cry. Help!!!

Discus and support I got missing network protocols and I'm about to cry. Help!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I run the troubleshooting I keep getting the message that says: "One or more network protocols are missing in this computer". When I run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IbelithLP, Feb 25, 2016.

1. IbelithLP Win User

I got missing network protocols and I'm about to cry. Help!!!

When I run the troubleshooting I keep getting the message that says: "One or more network protocols are missing in this computer". When I run the "netsh winsock reset" in the Administrator Command Center, I get the messages: " The following helper DLL cannot be loaded: NETIOHLP.DLL" and "The following helper DLL cannot be loaded: NSHIPSEC.DLL".

How can I fix this problem? Please help me.

:)

IbelithLP, Feb 25, 2016

2. I got missing network protocols and I'm about to cry. Help!!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Let's follow the methods below and check if the issue can be fixed.

Run the Windows network troubleshooter and check.

• Go to Search and type troubleshooter

• Open Troubleshooting

• Click on Connect to Internet, under Network and internet

• Follow on-screen instructions
    A. Restart your modem or Wi-Fi adapter

B. In some cases, even restarting your networking device can solve the problem. To restart your modem, or Wi-Fi adapter, do the following:

1. Type device manager
    in the search bar and press Enter

2. Find your networking device, right click on it and click
    Disable

3. Restart your computer

4. Go to Device Manager again, and enable the networking device the same way you disabled it.

C. Maybe resetting the TCP connection will bring your internet connection back. To reset the TCP connection, you’ll have to enter a few lines into the Command Prompt, and your connection should work again.

Here’s exactly what you need to do:

1. Right-click on the Start Menu button and open
    Command Prompt (Admin)

• Enter the following lines or copy and paste and press Enter after entering each one:

• netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Now enter this command to verify that previous functions were disabled:

netsh int tcp show global

Close the Command Prompt window.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Feb 25, 2016
  3. IbelithLP Win User

When I run the troubleshooting I keep getting the message that says: "One or more network protocols are missing in this computer". When I run the "netsh winsock reset" in the Administrator Command Center, I get the messages: " The following helper
    DLL cannot be loaded: NETIOHLP.DLL" and "The following helper DLL cannot be loaded: NSHIPSEC.DLL".

How can I fix this problem? Please help me.

IbelithLP, Feb 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Feb 25, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    I multi boot and get this every single time I boot from one Windows system to another.

I also got it yesterday following a (completely unconnected) BSOD.

For me, running the troubleshooter does nothing. Nor does running any commands (or doing a clean install or repair install or rebooting the router). It happens (it seems to me) when your Windows doesn't think you shut down correctly and a reboot fixes it.

The only reliable solution for me when I boot into a new Windows instance is to immediately do a restart.

Sorry if that sounds a bit IT crowd but it is what works for me.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I got missing network protocols and I'm about to cry. Help!!! - Similar Threads - got missing network

2. HELP ME, how do I fix this I'm crying rn.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP ME, how do I fix this I'm crying rn.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ICantFindAName28 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky3scr/help_me_how_do_i_fix_this_im_crying_rn/
  3. About to CRY! Please help WIN 10

in Windows 10 Support
    About to CRY! Please help WIN 10: I have a small Laptop and have all but run out of space. starting with a 30 GB HDD I upgraded to WIN 10 and have Windows.old taking up space. My upgrades fail because I have no space I can't make space because I can't delete Windows.old I don't have storage sense and...
  4. Missing Network Protocols

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Network Protocols: I'm trying to get to Gibson's Research website. I cannot access it. I'm being told I'm missing network protocols. Haven't a clue. Any idea's. How do I find what protocols I'm missing. Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro tablet. Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge cannot...
  5. One or more network protocols missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One or more network protocols missing?: So I've had this issue for about three days now. I am able to connect to my home router, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. Troubleshooter said "One or more network protocols are missing". Not sure what happened, never touched networking except for connecting to my...
  6. Network Protocols Missing

Network Protocols Missing: Noted immediately after 1511 total system update, yet may have been inherited from an earlier build... All is working well, yet Network Troubleshooter reports "one or more network protocols is missing." Various posted remedies have been verified or implemented, to no...
  7. One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing

One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing: So I let Windows fix it for me, and I usually need to toggle my WiFi connection off and back on again. But then I have the same connection problem again. I read there was some recent update from Microsoft causing this problem. Does anyone know who to get rid of it...
  8. Missing Protocols

Missing Protocols: I am attempting to use my Internet but it will not let me to put it straightforwardly. It shows a connection but will not let me use it. I ran the troubleshooter and it tells me I'm missing one or more network protocols and asks me if I'd like to try fixes as admin. I...
  9. Missing Network Protocols Windows 10

Missing Network Protocols Windows 10: What can be done about "Missing Network Protocols", Windows 10 both computers/laptops? 41422
  10. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer...help!!!

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer...help!!!: I have w10 and it connects fine to the internet on wifi or ethernet at my house. About 2 weeks ago every time it went to sleep when it came back on it said something about cant find network devices and my wifi woild be exed out. I would then turn my wifi switch off and then...