Windows 10: I got w10 and my installed programs are not appearing in metro tiles

Discus and support I got w10 and my installed programs are not appearing in metro tiles in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got w10 installed and I am finding that programs I am installing are not appearing in metro tiles. Is that the default behavior of w10? I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vsrawat, Apr 24, 2016.

1. vsrawat Win User

I got w10 and my installed programs are not appearing in metro tiles

I got w10 installed
    and I am finding that programs I am installing are not appearing in metro tiles.

Is that the default behavior of w10?

I am used to w8 and find it convenient to click Windows key on keyboard to reach metro interface and to select a program there and run that.

Wouldn't I get that method in w10?

how to get my installed programs added to metro tiles?

thanks.
    --
    Rawat

:)

vsrawat, Apr 24, 2016
  2. EdZ2 Win User

Windows 10 - Sync Settings/TILES

All of my sync settings are set to sync across multiple W10 devices. However, it appears that METRO LIVE TILES, are not part of the synchronized settings? Can anyone confirm that tiles, and tile positioning are not actually capable of being sync'd across
    devices?

3. Window Phone

I just got a Windows Phone. I installed the Metro Mail with my email, the live tile won't turn on.

Lindsey Wood, Apr 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you mean 3rd party desktop programs, and showing them like this:
    How to show all apps in the Start screen instead of live tiles in Windows 8.1 - YouTube

then this isn't available in Win 10.

You will probably find that 'All Apps' fails to represent your start menu content properly - a dismal attempt by MS - so I use Classic Shell (free), which meets all my requirements.

- Optional expanding menus in columns across the screen; configurable search; launch universal apps.
    Oh, and you can still launch the Win 10 menu too.

dalchina, Apr 24, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Right click on the program that isn't showing as a tile and select "Pin to start".

NavyLCDR, Apr 24, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    That would work for a small number of programs.. unsure how many compared to what was available in the Win 8 implementation.

dalchina, Apr 24, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Which programs won't it work for?

NavyLCDR, Apr 24, 2016
  8. vsrawat Win User

Thanks NavyLCDR

Yes, I could Right click on the program in start list and selected "Pin to start", and it showed there.

Only if this should be automatic in w10 as it was automatic in w8.

Another issue, all such added items appear in normal size, so I have to again right click on each added item to reduce tile size to small ( to save on precious screen real estate).

is there any method that all such added items now onwards are in small size tiles?

Thanks.

vsrawat, Apr 24, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Sorry, I'm thinking quantity. I.e. how many could you get on there. Just depends how many are needed.

dalchina, Apr 24, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    As main complaint about W8 was start menu (or lack there of) Ms made it voluntary to pin programs other than some default APPs.
    It's just a case of cake and eating it. Otherwise Metro style is quite configurable. Maybe even more so than in W8.1. In last, 14328 version you can make start menu look almost same as in W8.1 if you are inclined to do so. It will be available in next W10 edition when it comes at the end of July.
    I keep there just programs I would keep in quick startup in W7.

CountMike, Apr 25, 2016
  11. vsrawat Win User
    MS could have given option to tickmark several programs in a list, and add them to the metro in one go, and similar single click removal of several programs in one go.

MS could have given option to change the size of several metro tiles in one go, and let the user use the default tile size the user would prefer, instead of forcing "middle" size on our head.

currently, each program is to be added one by one, each program is to be removed one by one, each tile is to be resized one by one.

Is this the efficiency and productivity MS wants to give to his users?

vsrawat, Apr 25, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    Generally it's not the thing you do too often but I have a suspicion that it might come at some time in near future. There's a Feedback up you can use to suggest such change. It does look like that MS is listening to suggestions but it's a looooong process to implement them even on popular demand.

CountMike, Apr 25, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 25, 2016
  14. vsrawat Win User
    When these MS guys are so wise that they removed keyboard shortcut customization from excel in office 2010, and never restored such a useful and convenient function in 2013 and 2016, no point telling them anything.
    The wonder part is - keyboard shortcut customization is still there in word 2010-13-16.

If it was bad it should have been removed from all, if it was not so bad, it could have been retained in all. Why remove at one place and retain at other place?

vsrawat, Apr 25, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    I tend to agree with you.
    But we will have to make do with what MS has given.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I got w10 and my installed programs are not appearing in metro tiles - Similar Threads - got w10 installed

2. Metro Apps not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  3. Is there a program on w10 that can load a tiling layout with all the programs I have set in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a program on w10 that can load a tiling layout with all the programs I have set in...: submitted by /u/mavio47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3ya8e/is_there_a_program_on_w10_that_can_load_a_tiling/
  4. Re install got stick at 88% W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Re install got stick at 88% W10: Hi, install got stuck at 88% for the past12 hours, I did this process because after starting the computer nothing would work and would freeze. What can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-install-got-stick-at-88-w10/cd8486c1-e409-4063-b716-2dfd6a547a5c
  5. Program tiles darkened

in Windows 10 Support
    Program tiles darkened: Using dark mode. (If it was on just one machine I'd let it pass) Latest updates Version 1909 Not certain what this is. Programs not used in a while? [img] 150812
  6. Metro apps display blank tiles - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Metro apps display blank tiles - Windows 10: I'm having trouble with the metro icons, in that instead of displaying the icon for the app, its showing nothing but the tile, empty. Its doing it for firefox and chrome, both, and they are the only ones showing this behavior. Here:...
  7. W10 App Live Tiles

W10 App Live Tiles: Hi. Did a clean install a week ago. All the live tiles work except the ones I like, MS weather and MS mail. Weather weirdly gives me live tile info for Washington DC even though I have updated my location and when I open weather it uses the correct location. I uninstalled...
  8. Installed w10, got only directx 9Ex

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed w10, got only directx 9Ex: I installed w10, dxdiag is showing that it has directx 9Ex What happened to dx 12, 11.1 11.0 or even 10? how can it bundle such an older dx version? 1. If higher dx versions are there in the installation pen drive, how can I extract the installations files from...
  9. W10 suddenly switched back to metro

W10 suddenly switched back to metro: So I installed a program called classic shell because I couldn't stand the new metro. I originally started using this program with W8. I haven't had any issues until now. All of a sudden, after logging it, it switched back to metro. I can't get rid of it. My classic shell...
  10. Got my W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Got my W10: Well, finally got W10Pro installed and activated. Has anyone else noticed you can't keep any open window centered on the desktop? It's full screen or put up with the windows all over the desktop when opening and reopening. The 1st window is centered and after 2 or 3 times...