Windows 10: I had an older windows downloaded to my PC. I recently bought a new one and I can't...

Discus and support I had an older windows downloaded to my PC. I recently bought a new one and I can't... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a new licence straight from the microsoft store, but now it can't be activated and I dont have any codes in my email nor microsoft account. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pietsu, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Pietsu Win User

I had an older windows downloaded to my PC. I recently bought a new one and I can't...

I bought a new licence straight from the microsoft store, but now it can't be activated and I dont have any codes in my email nor microsoft account. I can only see that I have paid for the licence. Troubleshooting won't work. Also store says that the legit licence cannot be downloaded from the store. I basically only see the receipt and a non-working windows.

:)

Pietsu, Jun 20, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2024
  3. rodion15 Win User
    How can I get older Windows drivers?

Sometimes a Windows update installs a new “buggy” driver for a device. So one of the steps I may try (after trying the typical steps, some of them listed below)…is to try installing an older version of the Microsoft driver. I’d try what I said after the typical: downloading the driver from the manufacturer or reinstalling the driver or rolling it back or removing the update or restoring a restore point… So I’m thinking of the best way to get and install an older Microsoft driver, these ideas occur to me: - Boot your PC from an older Windows Installer and robocopy the driverstore folder to another drive (using the installer’s Command Prompt). Then boot Windows and use this copy of the driverstore folder to install the older driver from device manager. - ..or install the older Windows on another PC and copy the driverstore folder from there.. Also: is there any other way to download older Microsoft drivers? I hope this doesn't sound crazy I’d welcome any opinions

rodion15, Jun 20, 2024
  4. I had an older windows downloaded to my PC. I recently bought a new one and I can't...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

I had an older windows downloaded to my PC. I recently bought a new one and I can't...

1. I had an older windows downloaded to my PC. I recently bought a new one and I can't... - Similar Threads - older downloaded recently

2. I had an older windows downloaded to my PC. I recently bought a new one and I can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had an older windows downloaded to my PC. I recently bought a new one and I can't...: I bought a new licence straight from the microsoft store, but now it can't be activated and I dont have any codes in my email nor microsoft account. I can only see that I have paid for the licence. Troubleshooting won't work. Also store says that the legit licence cannot be...
  3. I had an older windows downloaded to my PC. I recently bought a new one and I can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had an older windows downloaded to my PC. I recently bought a new one and I can't...: I bought a new licence straight from the microsoft store, but now it can't be activated and I dont have any codes in my email nor microsoft account. I can only see that I have paid for the licence. Troubleshooting won't work. Also store says that the legit licence cannot be...
  4. I recently bought a PC and now can't activate Windows 11?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently bought a PC and now can't activate Windows 11?!: Hi all,I recently bought myself a PC after using a laptop forever! However, I don't understand why when I signed into my account, which has Windows 11 already installed, I am told that I can't activate Windows 11?! I spent a lot of money on this PC and really do not want to...
  5. I recently bought a PC and now can't activate Windows 11?!

I recently bought a PC and now can't activate Windows 11?!: Hi all,I recently bought myself a PC after using a laptop forever! However, I don't understand why when I signed into my account, which has Windows 11 already installed, I am told that I can't activate Windows 11?! I spent a lot of money on this PC and really do not want to...
  6. I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.: I've tried to contact support via the get help app/option in windows but it constantly just gives me the "There was a problem loading your support options." error. Any other way to get in touch with microsoft support?...
  7. I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.

I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.: I've tried to contact support via the get help app/option in windows but it constantly just gives me the "There was a problem loading your support options." error. Any other way to get in touch with microsoft support?...
  8. I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. I can't download a game I bought

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download a game I bought: I have recently purchased an app and it does show up in my order history yet when I go to download/install it, it tells me to buy it again. When I try to buy it again it won't let me because It says I already own it. I have talked with a rep earlier and they told me to do a...
  10. I DOWNLOADED ONE DRIVE AFTER A RECENT UPDATE. HOW I WISH I HAD NOT!! I

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I DOWNLOADED ONE DRIVE AFTER A RECENT UPDATE. HOW I WISH I HAD NOT!! I: Hi, As mentioned I unfortunately download One Drive after a recent update. It seemed to take ages in downloading my Picture Files so I stopped it, and turned it off, as I was closing down for the night. Next thing I realized all my pictures had been removed from my Albums. I...