Windows 10: I hate W10

Discus and support I hate W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My 2c on this thread and the post by the OP. FWIW,,,,, 1. What I find interesting is that someone would take the time to join a forum like this one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crimson, Sep 25, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

I hate W10

(a junior troller...)*Ditto

f14tomcat, Sep 27, 2015
  2. Emma Win User

Jimbo, where is that link for the old games?

3. Heya Jeff. I don't know if you were indirectly replying to me, but I hope not -- since I've made it clear I like Win10 even though I prefer OS X. With that said I wanted to comment on two things you said --

Having used all 3 types I can't disagree with this more. Yes they are all OS's but no they're not 'just as good' as each other.

OS X is king. As an OS. It's the most cohesive and 'modern' of the lot. But with some world-class caveats. You can't use it unless you own the typically mildly/outrageously over-priced hardware. Also many industrial obscure software doesn't directly run in OS X.

Windows 10 OS is behind OS X. For example -- where a restorable backup is brainless and reliable in OS X, it's complicated and confused in Win X. Error codes, drivers, conflicts, workarounds -- day to day life in Win X. OS X? Not so much. And although careful surfing and such will protect you from viral/malware activity, there's still a feeling that WinX is constantly protecting itself whereas OS X and Linux aren't even sweating. Yeeeeesss things can happen is OS X and Linux. But almost never do. But Windows OS allows countless games and software to run. And some PCs are so cheap they literally come 'on a stick'.

If you want to ditch virtually all concerns regarding virus/malware -- Linux distros win big here. And there's a Linux for every piece of hardware, interest, and look. There's too frickin' many of them actually. And they're all free. The problem here is that once you ditch the virus/malware you also ditch almost all programs and games you've ever heard of. The good news is that the essential programs you need for Linux are as free as Linux. The OS itself isn't as easy to use as OS X but it a little easier to use than Windows -- except in certain situations where things get terminally ill real fast.

Sorry for the lecture but I just can't fathom how PC users can equate this way. None of these things are just like the other...

They do. Cost too much. It's true. And especially more so today as PC prices fall through the floor while Windows actually begins to finally get its act together as an OS.

The thing is I believe PC users look at price first and then distort the reality of the situation by saying things like all three are just as good. If Macs were dirt cheap with OS X and Windows machines were needlessly spec'd and priced through the roof --

-- Windows wouldn't exist.

The Pool Man, Sep 27, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I hate W10

@The Pool Man
    Never mind.. this thread is just silly.

Haters are going to hate..

BunnyJ, Sep 27, 2015
  5. Emma Win User
    I don't buy cheap, I buy the best computer I can find. I would not use a Mac, I would give up using a computer if I had to buy that. I am pretty good at what I do and the Apple sight is the worst sight I have ever used. I talked to five of their techs recently, the first 3 could not solve my problem. I could not buy books, my passwords and the their search box did not work. The 4th tech accidentally solved one the problems. The fifth one helped with my passwords. There were three places where I had to sign in to buy books, all apple things they don't tell you that one password works for all three places. When I found that out I could not change them, went through the process but they would not take. The last tech fixed it for me. I had another simple problem with my Ipad using Spanish, English was an option, but it was greyed out. Finally I found away myself, the tech couldn't fix it. I will stick with windows even if I have to use W 10.

To sign in there were 2 places in the same box for ID's. The first one was for your email, how we suppose to know that?

6. BunnyJ New Member
    Yes.. and a few others here in this thread as well. *Wink

BunnyJ, Sep 27, 2015
  7. derekimo Win User
    derekimo, Sep 27, 2015
  8. Emma Win User

I hate W10

Jimbo, I don't know how you did that, but thank you.

9. well, everything has two sides. Just look to the bright side.

blairchen0, Sep 27, 2015
  10. Windows10 has not been a big annoyance for me. I've turned off a lot of features, to make it more like Windows7. There are good "tweaking" tips in this forum. What concerns me a little is that Windows10 updates will reset a lot of settings back to "Microsoft Default" as these various updates arrive. There's no detailed change or update log, so there won't be a way to know in advance what Microsoft is about to do to your P.C..

On my Android Samsung, "Google Now" updates always turns on everything I've turned off. But those are just a few settings compared to what Microsoft could do in resetting Windows10 back to it's default installed state.

AllenChicago, Sep 27, 2015
  11. The problem with Windows is that people have a lot of different computers.

If Microsoft could tell everyone that you can only run Windows on a specific computer and only run what we will let you run, (think Apple) then no one would have any problems.

Other then issues with my Sound Blaster card everything runs great on my computer.
    I've never had a blue screen with Windows 10, my computer boots in about 15 seconds, and even my old games from the 90s seem to run fine.

I can get all kinds of free software, I don't pay for my security software and I haven't had any malware in ages other then the usual adware junk.

But Windows has to run on every computer configuration from, monster gaming machines to some Frankenstein put together from salvaged parts of 4 different old computers.

I was posting with someone on another forum that had an endless list of problems.
    When I suggested that it may be a problem with their computer they wouldn't consider that, it had to be something wrong with Windows, even though my computer runs fine.

It' human nature, everyone whats to complain about something.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Sep 27, 2015
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    I wasn't referring as to the financial sensibility of the deal -- most Mac buyers are quite prepared to spend a lot of money anyway -- but the technical feasibility of running Windows as a VM even in a corporate area.

Most people running Windows in a corporate area will have a Windows license so the question of them paying for it individually does not arise.

While you can obviously get incredibly good deals on PC's this would mean a Mac user having to carry TWO laptops --not a popular option.

BTW I don't have a Mac computer myself - I was just mentioning that in quite a few assignments I've done where the main desktop was Windows a lot of people were running Windows VM's successfully from their Mac computers.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 27, 2015
  13. CountMike New Member

I hate W10

Anybody noticing a non-Mac PC in a movie or TV series ?

CountMike, Sep 27, 2015
  14. lx07 Win User
    "Mr Robot"? That is a pretty good show.

15. We of course all have anecdotal nightmare stories within every OS. Not everything works within every OS. But book buying issues isn't a standard problem in OS X. It's the standard problems that make or break an OS.

In OS X -- you simply need a LOT of RAM. True for all users. 4GBs barely makes it, 8 is solid. (In Win and Linux four is plenty in most scenarios.)

In Win 10, good luck getting SMS text messages to arrive on your PC in case your phone is downstairs. Or you like responding to texts with a real keyboard. (Standard in OS X, unavailable in Linux.)

In Linux -- the next best 'real' desktop is always coming. It never frickin' arrives. (I think Win10 is the first acceptable Windows OS ever, and that it's 'fix' is always coming. Winfans would likely see that as kind of harsh and instead argue an acceptable Windows OS comes BUT THEN goes... and comes back... and goes again.)

As much as I prefer OS X in most scenarios I wouldn't advise anyone buy a Mac at the moment. It's because their hardware has gone from mildly/fairly over priced (in general) to fairly/obscenely over-priced (in general). As a Mac first person I'm all for Win 10s forcing Mac hardware prices down a bit. Or really forcing Apple to ease up on spec (sometimes) and drop prices accordingly.

The Pool Man, Sep 28, 2015
Thema:

I hate W10

1. I hate W10 - Similar Threads - hate W10

2. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does windows for education exist i hate it: WHY DOES WINDOWS FOR EDUCATION EXIST KIDS ARE JUST FINE WITH NORMAL WINDOWS!! I tried it and it's so boring! There are too many limitations and you can't even open 75% of the .exe files you download without a message that says 'USER ACCOUNT CONTROL:Are you sure you want this...
  3. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows for education exist i hate it: WHY DOES WINDOWS FOR EDUCATION EXIST KIDS ARE JUST FINE WITH NORMAL WINDOWS!! I tried it and it's so boring! There are too many limitations and you can't even open 75% of the .exe files you download without a message that says 'USER ACCOUNT CONTROL:Are you sure you want this...
  4. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...: I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to time, extremely annoying, I use win 11 23h2 activated, how do I disable the dialog box?...
  6. I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...

I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...: I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to time, extremely annoying, I use win 11 23h2 activated, how do I disable the dialog box?...
  7. startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga: Can not find script file C:\windows\system32\StartupCheck.vbs". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startupcheckvbs-kase-hate-ga/5c835ca9-bf8b-4e91-b42e-e9afd8569285
  8. startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga

startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga: Can not find script file C:\windows\system32\StartupCheck.vbs". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startupcheckvbs-kase-hate-ga/5c835ca9-bf8b-4e91-b42e-e9afd8569285
  9. startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Dear W10, I hate you.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dear W10, I hate you.: Hi. So W10 has murdered two laptops in a row of mine. Unfortunately I spent almost $1000 on my most recent laptop which, you guessed it, crashed within a month after it's 1 year warranty. Both times they began having significant problems after an "update." The older one...