Windows 10: I hate W10

Discus and support I hate W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am starting out with Windows 10, just because I wanted to take advantage of their Free Upgrade that comes with my new DELL Windows 7.1 Pro >> Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crimson, Sep 25, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

I hate W10

I've never heard of a web site banning Windows 10. Can you share with us what those sites are?

Are you possibly referring to Smartscreen Filter? Use the SmartScreen Filter - Windows Help

f14tomcat, Dec 9, 2015

2. You'll be waiting for a long time.
    Less than 1% of Steam users are playing on Linux.

z31fanatic, Dec 10, 2015
  3. That is not my experience. My Mint 17.2 installation kept freezing on me 2-3 times a day. I had to reboot because there was no fix. And it was the same in different machines with or without dedicated graphics.
    W7, 8, and 10 have been far more stable than any Linux distro I have tried (7 different ones).

z31fanatic, Dec 10, 2015
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

I hate W10

I am sorry that you had such a bad Mint experience. My Mint which runs in virtual has never failed. Maybe the host system keeps the problems away from it.

5. Allegedly some torrent sites have banned Windows 10.
    http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-...ivacy-concerns

Your PC must have some weird issue(s) then.

Linux Mint worked "out of the box" on my system.
    I didn't have to spend hours installing drivers to get it to work correctly unlike Windows.

I can't remember ever having to reboot my PC because Linux locked up.
    I've definitely had to do it in Windows.

VMs are great for dodging the wacky hardware issues that real machines often exhibit.

lehnerus2000, Dec 10, 2015
  6. I have used Microsoft products since MS-DOS and as much as I like the look and feel of Windows 10, I have never had so many different problems as with this version. Over the last couple of years I have been using Linux Mint Cinnamon more and more for everyday use with no issues. I know people say Linux is complicated to use but I really find Linux Mint Cinnamon quite friendly. However, some of the software for Windows such as Office and some of the drivers are more mature and in my opinion beat the Linux equivalent.

My main machine that my entire family uses is Windows 10 because of compatibility but my other 2 machines both have dual boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint Cinnamon with my preference being to use Linux Mint.

Commodore Pet, Dec 10, 2015
  7. I typically use a mac. I have a mac mini desktop at home running the latest version of osx which is el capatain. it runs that beautifully. however since I also am a tornado chaser and the weather radar programs only run on windows... I bought a dell latitude e6410 that had windows 7 ultimate on it.... the night I bought it I let it do the windows 10 upgrade when I was going to bed...figured I don't need to be able to use the laptop then so perfect time. outside of it taking quite some time to do... it installed windows 10 pro just fine. I didn't run windows 7 ultimate that long maybe a few hours just to make sure the laptop was in decent working condition.... but windows 10 seems like it is much faster and the Microsoft edge browser has not crashed one time unlike any version of IE. vista was the reason I switched to apple to start with, chances are I will always prefer apple products since they seem to be much prettier looking and os x is easy to use, however so far windows 10 pro seems almost as good as apple. have not had one crash at all yet....only have been using it for a week tomorrow though. now that I say that watch the laptop explode...

pitbullpup, Dec 10, 2015
  8. Atomic77 Win User

I hate W10

I don't know why anyone would hate Windows 10? If Microsoft gets it way It will be eventually be the only option available. Might as well learn to like it. It could of been a lot worse.

Atomic77, Dec 10, 2015
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    That is if you want Windows. But there are other options.

10. OldMike65 Win User
    Windows is still the BEST option! Makes me wonder how you got a MVP Microsoft badge.....seeing how you don't seem to like Windows 10. But, what OS someone wants to run is their choice.

OldMike65, Dec 10, 2015
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    You are making assumptions that a gentleman would not make. I will put you on the blacklist.

12. No my PCs don't have any weird issues because they all work as they should with Windows.
    I think it's an update in Mint that triggers it but no one has figured it out which one it is. It's a common problem and there are other people on Mint forums with the same problem. Also many people with Cinnamon crashing frequently.
    I have done clean re-installs and the problem comes back after a couple of days.

z31fanatic, Dec 10, 2015
  13. I hate W10

Barring betas, I can't remember my cinnamon desktop ever crashing and I've been using it since near the beginning. I had a few problems regarding power management on an old laptop, but that was down to the kernel, adding a parameter solved it. On my current laptop I haven't had to do a single thing bar installation and installing a bit of software. Mint 17.2 updated flawlessly to 17.3 and cinnamon 2.8 seems remarkably solid for what is essentially a new desktop environment (launched around 2011).

That said, I run my own small company and I need to use Windows, be that on my dual boot laptop or my Windows PC, and I don't envisage a time where I'll be able to completely cut the chord. Windows is just too engrained in my daily work life.

As for Windows 10, I haven't had any show stopping bugs, more annoying niggles. Overall I think it's a solid OS which will only get better, I just don't really like it and predominantly use Mint when I'm not working. That's my choice, my brother, who is quite technically minded hates Linux. Different strokes and all that.

frankenhooker, Dec 10, 2015
  14. I should specify that I use LM17.2 MATE (I've never tried Cinnamon).

lehnerus2000, Dec 10, 2015
  15. CountMike New Member
    Here I am on Slackware Pupy Linux live. Only one I found that can monitor line in on speakers. Going to try it on an ancient laptop that even XP had problems with so W10 is out of question.

CountMike, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

I hate W10

1. I hate W10 - Similar Threads - hate W10

2. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does windows for education exist i hate it: WHY DOES WINDOWS FOR EDUCATION EXIST KIDS ARE JUST FINE WITH NORMAL WINDOWS!! I tried it and it's so boring! There are too many limitations and you can't even open 75% of the .exe files you download without a message that says 'USER ACCOUNT CONTROL:Are you sure you want this...
  3. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows for education exist i hate it: WHY DOES WINDOWS FOR EDUCATION EXIST KIDS ARE JUST FINE WITH NORMAL WINDOWS!! I tried it and it's so boring! There are too many limitations and you can't even open 75% of the .exe files you download without a message that says 'USER ACCOUNT CONTROL:Are you sure you want this...
  4. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...: I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to time, extremely annoying, I use win 11 23h2 activated, how do I disable the dialog box?...
  6. I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...

I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...: I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to time, extremely annoying, I use win 11 23h2 activated, how do I disable the dialog box?...
  7. startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga: Can not find script file C:\windows\system32\StartupCheck.vbs". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startupcheckvbs-kase-hate-ga/5c835ca9-bf8b-4e91-b42e-e9afd8569285
  8. startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga

startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga: Can not find script file C:\windows\system32\StartupCheck.vbs". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startupcheckvbs-kase-hate-ga/5c835ca9-bf8b-4e91-b42e-e9afd8569285
  9. startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Dear W10, I hate you.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dear W10, I hate you.: Hi. So W10 has murdered two laptops in a row of mine. Unfortunately I spent almost $1000 on my most recent laptop which, you guessed it, crashed within a month after it's 1 year warranty. Both times they began having significant problems after an "update." The older one...