Windows 10: I have 2 hard drives, trying to download, one drive is full

Discus and support I have 2 hard drives, trying to download, one drive is full in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok so my first harddrive is 100 gb and the 2nd is 900. By default it uses the 100 gb one first. When i try to download something it says disk full. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gtighe, Nov 18, 2016.

1. gtighe Win User

I have 2 hard drives, trying to download, one drive is full

Ok so my first harddrive is 100 gb and the 2nd is 900. By default it uses the 100 gb one first. When i try to download something it says disk full. I went to check it out and I learned that my primary is a C drive and secondary is a D drive (i don't know the difference). i saw a setting where i can make new downloads and other stuff save to that D drive so I changed it and it still says disk full. The second one that i want to save to is empty

:)

gtighe, Nov 18, 2016

2. ssd and hard drive

I bought my HP All in one at the MS Store. It has a SSD and hard drive. One is listed as C and one a D, set up by them. When I try to download a lot of pictures I get the message that my drive is full but my 1 TB hard drive is not full. How should it be
    configured so that doesn't happen?

NancyPaget, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Switching Hardrive

With My PC I Have Two Hard Drives And One Is 250 Gigabytes And The Other 4 Tb And I Have My Settings Set As All New Files To Save To The 4 TB Because My 250 Gigabyte Hard Drive Is Full, And Every Time i Try To Download Something It Just Says "Disk Full"
    And My Operating System Is Windows 10

SuperNovaDan, Nov 18, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

As stated, by default, downloads go to C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Downloads. You can change the default download location at any time. Go to Start/Search and type diskmgmt.msc, Right click the diskmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Disk Management window, in the lower pane, which drive has the most free space. Or go to This PC to view the free space. Attach a screenshot of Disk Management to your next post if you need help.
    What Browser are you using? Edge, IE, Firefox, Chrome? In Edge and Chrome, go to the 3 dots (ie) . . . on the upper right of the tool bar, Settings/View Advanced Settings/Downloads/Change change your download location to the Download folder on the drive with the most free space.

spunk, Nov 18, 2016
  5. strollin Win User
    Are you referring to downloading via your browser? If so, which browser are you using?

By default, many browsers download to the user Downloads folder which is typically on the C: drive. You can move that folder to another drive if you wish, I personally don't bother to move it. I set the browser up so that it doesn't default to anywhere but instead asks me where I want to download the file to for each download. I do that because almost every download I do, I put in a unique place.

strollin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I have 2 hard drives, trying to download, one drive is full - Similar Threads - hard drives trying

2. "full one drive"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "full one drive": Hi, my Onedrive says its full yet when accessing it says i have <0.1gb used of 5gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-one-drive/a4248917-e141-4cd1-9075-fa662f9a63b2
  3. Full hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full hard drive: I recently received a warning that my hard drive was full. My laptop is a HP 255 G3, which I understood had 5 GB RAM and 500 GB memory. When I checked storage it showed Local Disk C: - 930 GB and that over 860 GB was taken over by Apps & features. I have done some...
  4. Full hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full hard drive: I recently received a warning that my hard drive was full. My laptop is a HP 255 G3, which I understood had 5 GB RAM and 500 GB memory. When I checked storage it showed Local Disk C: - 930 GB and that over 860 GB was taken over by Apps & features. I have done some...
  5. Full hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Is One Drive full or NOT

Is One Drive full or NOT: After adding a few new file to One Drive, I received a notification "You'll need more storage to keep syncing files." I viewed One Drive on-line and it say there, "One Drive 91% full 496MB remaining. " The One Drive icon in the notification area of my Task Bar shows a red...
  7. Is One Drive full or NOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is One Drive full or NOT: After adding a few new file to One Drive, I received a notification "You'll need more storage to keep syncing files." I viewed One Drive on-line and it say there, "One Drive 91% full 496MB remaining. " The One Drive icon in the notification area of my Task Bar shows a red...
  8. I have purchased a game but its trying to download to a full drive. I have another drive...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I have purchased a game but its trying to download to a full drive. I have another drive...: I have purchased a game but its trying to download to a full drive. I have another drive with loads of space. How do I redirect it please?...
  9. full hard drive

full hard drive: i have huge temp files appearing evry few minutes. most are AppXpackaging event logsas a consequence the computer hard drive is full and frozen. It fills up faster than I can delete the files. help there is also a text document referencing...
  10. Having 2 hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having 2 hard drives: Does anyone here have 2 HDDs or 2 SSDs that they use one for the soul purpose of the OS and use the other for installing software? I'm highly considering that. Is that possible in Win10? 21663