Windows 10: I have 3 windows 10 pro installed.... should I put an Enterprise ver

Discus and support I have 3 windows 10 pro installed.... should I put an Enterprise ver in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; More for testing and simulating but at the same time would like to stream itunes movies (some games, etc) and other admin stuff, VPN, arrays, etc work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pectin232, Feb 6, 2016.

1. pectin232 Win User

I have 3 windows 10 pro installed.... should I put an Enterprise ver

More for testing and simulating but at the same time would like to stream itunes movies (some games, etc) and other admin stuff, VPN, arrays, etc work related. Is there any benefits or disadvantages to Pro and Ent versions? Work about 30-50%, home 50%,..... or put it as a Virtual Server.

:)

pectin232, Feb 6, 2016

2. Final Upgrade on July 29

Hello, I have a question regarding the final upgrade on July 29 from the Win10 TP. I own Windows 8.1 pro - with a key- and I opted to join the Windows Insiders programme and receive the Technical Previews. However , I have noticed that the previews I get
    are of the Enterprise version, and I was using the Enterprise vers. keys to activate them. I heard that those on Enterprise will not receive the final version of Windows 10. What should I do to change to the Pro version, since I have already bought it anyways
    in Windows 8.1, and not have any problems with activation issues???

GeorgeKapitsopoulos, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Reverting back to win 10 Pro

the problem is not solved. I have tried to make a clean install of win 10 pro but it asks key. when I reset my system again only win 10 enterprise is installed.

Please note that I have installed win 10 from win 7 when it was launched in HDD 500 GB and then upgraded to win 10 pro. when the 500 GB crashed I have put in 1 tb HDD and then put OS win 10 enterprise.

But when I wanted to revert back to win 10 pro it is not possible and I am asked key which is not available with me now. Putting win 7 key (original came with original Microsoft CD for win 7) is not recognized by the system now

Natarajan Venkataraman, Feb 6, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

This article explains the differences between the Windows 10 editions:
    Compare Windows 10 Editions

All editions run the same software and have the same performance. The only disadvantage of the Pro edition is higher cost.

Be aware that the Enterprise edition is not a retail product but normally available only to large organizations with volume licensing.

LMiller7, Feb 6, 2016
  5. lmaneke Win User
    PRO would be best unless you have an enterprise volume license.

Some of the tasks you describe can be done on Windows 10 Home, as PRO is only needed if you connect to a server domain, and do advanced security tasks

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I have 3 windows 10 pro installed.... should I put an Enterprise ver - Similar Threads - pro installed should

2. I have win11 build 22635.3209 ver 23H2 Enterprise installed. error shows ver 22H2, 23H2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have win11 build 22635.3209 ver 23H2 Enterprise installed. error shows ver 22H2, 23H2...: I have win11 build 22635.3209 ver 23H2 Enterprise installed. error shows ver 22H2, 23H2 unable to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-win11-build-226353209-ver-23h2-enterprise/ba5a95ca-416d-4efe-8f82-6eb7ae7b2b41
  3. I have win11 build 22635.3209 ver 23H2 Enterprise installed. error shows ver 22H2, 23H2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have win11 build 22635.3209 ver 23H2 Enterprise installed. error shows ver 22H2, 23H2...: I have win11 build 22635.3209 ver 23H2 Enterprise installed. error shows ver 22H2, 23H2 unable to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-win11-build-226353209-ver-23h2-enterprise/ba5a95ca-416d-4efe-8f82-6eb7ae7b2b41
  4. Somehow I have Windows 11 Enterprise when I should be on Windows 11 Pro and Activation is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somehow I have Windows 11 Enterprise when I should be on Windows 11 Pro and Activation is...: I have just bought a new laptop computer yesterday that came preinstalled with Windows 10 Home. I upgraded it to Windows 11 Home free. Then I wanted to switch to Windows 11 Pro. I did this using the Activation screen and then moving to Microsoft Store where the order was...
  5. Somehow I have Windows 11 Enterprise when I should be on Windows 11 Pro and Activation is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Somehow I have Windows 11 Enterprise when I should be on Windows 11 Pro and Activation is...: I have just bought a new laptop computer yesterday that came preinstalled with Windows 10 Home. I upgraded it to Windows 11 Home free. Then I wanted to switch to Windows 11 Pro. I did this using the Activation screen and then moving to Microsoft Store where the order was...
  6. I can't install Windows 10 Pro on Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't install Windows 10 Pro on Enterprise: Hi, I've been trying to install Windows 10 Pro on a computer that runs Enterprise.When I try to do that, it shows up with an error saying:"This tool can't update your PC,The language or edition of the version of Windows currently installed on your PC isn't supported by this...
  7. Installation: Upgrade of custom. Plus should I 1909 ver?

Installation: Upgrade of custom. Plus should I 1909 ver?: I'm installing (Pro 64b) but have my W10 HDD from old system in the new build. Thinking it would overwrite (I have a backup). I think a "fresh install" is best, but it is asking if I want to 'Upgrade' or 'Custom' install. Says Upgrade will copy my files, appls, etc. It would...
  8. 3 monitors with Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 monitors with Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise: Windows 7 Pro didn't support 3 monitors, so I had to go with Windows 7 Enterprise. Does Windows 10 have the same issue, where I need Enterprise instead Professional to get 3 monitors? I'd rather Professional if it'll work. Thanks...
  9. I have a surface 3 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a surface 3 pro: I wiped the hard drive the typecover keyboard only lights up when I have almost no Ipower in the battery,as soon as I try to recharge the battery it goes black. I cannot remember the password,I have even tried the password for other things.I am beginning to think I am...
  10. Should I clean install Windows 10 Enterprise OEM Activated or not?

Should I clean install Windows 10 Enterprise OEM Activated or not?: Hi, I am considering to clean install windows 10 enterprise oem activated. But I was wondering if my hardware will be compatible or not because I have heard that an oem os is locked to the computer's hardware. Now considering that I successfully installed oem on my machine,...