Windows 10: I have a 2tb Hard Drive to replace 1tb (install question) Win10x64

Discus and support I have a 2tb Hard Drive to replace 1tb (install question) Win10x64 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OLD HD 1 TB with 800 GB on it 5 yrs old making grindy/clicky sounds for 6 mo still work (in now) NEW Western Digital 2 TB will be boot disk slot "C:"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tonys317, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Tonys317 Win User

I have a 2tb Hard Drive to replace 1tb (install question) Win10x64

OLD HD 1 TB with 800 GB on it 5 yrs old making grindy/clicky sounds for 6 mo still work (in now)
    NEW Western Digital 2 TB will be boot disk slot "C:"

I know how to open a case, remove the old and install new (2TB). I am open to spending more money if needed (I can also have both installed at once). The 1TB is making sounds, seems slower("laggy") but still functions.

What process/method should I follow to put Win 10 on the NEW HD (2TB) and copy the data from the old HD? I am looking for the semi quick route. Do I just "redownload" it all? Or can I "transfer it" if I put both in? Do you have a quick tip or link for this new Win 10 X64 install on the NEW drive & a transfer of all data?

I found several links on this site. Which is my best option

THANK YOU! I have a 2tb Hard Drive to replace 1tb (install question) Win10x64 :)

:)

Tonys317, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Sanhime Win User

Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Hello, Migrating a 1TB Hard Drive to a 2TB HDD is very possible.

My Rig started out on just 160GB, when I upgraded HDDs, I cloned my 160 GB into a newly bought 500GB HDD. (it was an OS HDD)

Then on the next HDD upgrade(I bought a 1 TB) I cloned that 500GB to a 1 TB HDD.

No problems at all.

From what I can remember the program I used was Acronis?? I forgot. But it ran the cloning process outside of windows. the cloning took like 30 to 1 hr. then I switched drive letters and the newly bought HDD is now my boot device.

lyndonguitar, Jul 19, 2018
  4. TSX420J Win User

Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

In the search on the start menu type backup. There will be one option that says "backup computer" click on it. Then on the left you can click on create system image. That will make a clone of your current state of your hdd. I use it all the time. You will need another hdd to save the image. Then you can write the image to any hdd and have everything the way it was when you made the image. It's a nice feature in 7.

TSX420J, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

1. I have a 2tb Hard Drive to replace 1tb (install question) Win10x64 - Similar Threads - 2tb Hard Drive

2. Hard drive replacement & key code questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive replacement & key code questions: I have an old computer that I need to replace the hard drive on. It came with windows 8 and was upgraded to windows 10 for free somewhere along the way. I do not have an activation key or any way to access that information on this computer because I can’t get back to the...
  3. Hard drive replacement & key code questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive replacement & key code questions: I have an old computer that I need to replace the hard drive on. It came with windows 8 and was upgraded to windows 10 for free somewhere along the way. I do not have an activation key or any way to access that information on this computer because I can’t get back to the...
  4. Hard drive replacement & key code questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. 4tb Hard drives showing as 2tb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4tb Hard drives showing as 2tb: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (2009, 19042.985) Version: 10.0.19042 I have 2 Seagate Barracuda drives that only show as 2tb. They are gpt. This is since using them in raid in nas. tried everything in this thread Disk Management shows new 4TB disk as 2TB despite using GPT...
  6. FireCuda 2TB Hard Drive Not Found

FireCuda 2TB Hard Drive Not Found: Hello, as the subject states, my laptop suddenly stopped recognizing my hard drive about 2 weeks ago. I’ve looked around and tried many of the solutions that I found, but none had any effect. I’ve tried - Restarting my laptop - Checking disk partitions - Checking device...
  7. 2tb external hard drive issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2tb external hard drive issues: i inadvertently copied the complete hard drive, including bootable. from an old desktop i was getting rid of. now, I am unable to use the hard drive. I have used DBAN. I have used every method i can find on line. Diskpart. CMD prompt. Windows file explorer, you name it. I am...
  8. Formatting transcend 2tb hard drive

Formatting transcend 2tb hard drive: Can anyone tell me step-by-step how to reformat a transcend 2 terabyte portable hard drive it was once formatted for the Xbox One but never used. now when I plug it into my laptop, nothing happens and i cannot use it....
  9. I have some questions about replacing a hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have some questions about replacing a hard drive: (My english isnt very good so just bear with me) I have been thinking about replacing my 250 gb hard drive on my pc for a 1tb hard drive. But this is my first time replacing something on my pc so i have a few questions What do i have to do before replacing my hard drive...
  10. Win10x64 1803: Full Format of Hard Drives Faulty?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10x64 1803: Full Format of Hard Drives Faulty?: A few days back I got a slew of disk errors in Event Viewer and quickly backed up the drive in question and started testing it. Before that, I checked and the only errors in the SMART data were crc errors, which do not normally indicate a failing drive, especially in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to replace a 1tb laptop hard drive with a 2tb hard drive

2. can i replace 1tb c drive with a new 2tb drive

3. ca a 1tb hard drive be replaced by a 2tb hard drive