Windows 10: I have a desktop and laptop running Windows 10 Home and Want To Upgrade Both To Pro

Discus and support I have a desktop and laptop running Windows 10 Home and Want To Upgrade Both To Pro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 PRO for $99.00. Can I use that same "upgrade" for my desktop (Windows 10 Home) without have to spend another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steve1052_1952, Jul 23, 2018.

1. I have a desktop and laptop running Windows 10 Home and Want To Upgrade Both To Pro

I just upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 PRO for $99.00. Can I use that same "upgrade" for my desktop (Windows 10 Home) without have to spend another $99.00? If so, how do I upgrade my desktop - the computer that still is running Windows Home?

Thanks.

Steve

:)

Steve1052_1952, Jul 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 14, 2018
  4. I have a desktop and laptop running Windows 10 Home and Want To Upgrade Both To Pro

I have a desktop and laptop running Windows 10 Home and Want To Upgrade Both To Pro

I just upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 PRO for $99.00. Can I use that same "upgrade" for my desktop (Windows 10 Home) without have to spend another $99.00? If so, how do I upgrade my desktop - the computer that still is running Windows Home?

Thanks.

Steve

Steve1052_1952, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

I have a desktop and laptop running Windows 10 Home and Want To Upgrade Both To Pro

1. I have a desktop and laptop running Windows 10 Home and Want To Upgrade Both To Pro - Similar Threads - desktop laptop running

2. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...: I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro version. Is it free to upgrade or Should I pay ? If I should pay why isn't free when my device and windows both are related to Microsoft...
  3. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...: I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro version. Is it free to upgrade or Should I pay ? If I should pay why isn't free when my device and windows both are related to Microsoft...
  4. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...: I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it change to PRO by just changing the product keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-with-windows-11-home-but-i/7e3114df-10b8-465d-91a4-29475d434cd2
  6. I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...

I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...: I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it change to PRO by just changing the product keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-with-windows-11-home-but-i/7e3114df-10b8-465d-91a4-29475d434cd2
  7. My desktop is have windows 10 home I want to upgrade to windows 10 professional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop is have windows 10 home I want to upgrade to windows 10 professional: My desktop is have windows 10 home I want to upgrade to windows 10 professional it there any extra charges https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-is-have-windows-10-home-i-want-to/2ff9649a-96a0-413c-a371-698caf95ac20
  8. My desktop is have windows 10 home I want to upgrade to windows 10 professional

My desktop is have windows 10 home I want to upgrade to windows 10 professional: My desktop is have windows 10 home I want to upgrade to windows 10 professional it there any extra charges https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-is-have-windows-10-home-i-want-to/2ff9649a-96a0-413c-a371-698caf95ac20
  9. My desktop is have windows 10 home I want to upgrade to windows 10 professional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. What if I have a laptop and a desktop and want windows for student and home?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What if I have a laptop and a desktop and want windows for student and home?: It says for 1 device only. How much are they going to hit me fir the 2nd device? Sometimes I'm at my desk and setimes out with my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-if-i-have-a-laptop-and-a-desktop-and-want/d3a25773-1869-474a-8c4b-e0b15f38be9f"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro on both laptop and desktop