Windows 10: I HAVE A EROPLEM IN DSN

Discus and support I HAVE A EROPLEM IN DSN in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I CANT SEARSH ON MY SIDE BECUSE A PROPLEM ON DSN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by memo memo3, Feb 23, 2024.

1. I HAVE A EROPLEM IN DSN

I CANT SEARSH ON MY SIDE BECUSE A PROPLEM ON DSN

:)

memo memo3, Feb 23, 2024

2. .DSN files

Some of my files were saved as .DSN files, not quite sure how I managed that! Anyway, now I can't open those files. How can I make the .DSN part go away? Thanks!

ericksonsandy, Feb 23, 2024
  3. ZenMasta Win User
    Can't create System DSN (ODCB, Microsoft Access Driver)

I have a new pc and I'm trying to configure everything the same as it was on the system it's replacing. I need to create a 2 system dsn in order for my fedex shipping software to grab order data. On my old PC this was extremely straightforward, I would go to create the dsn and from the "drives" drop down, I could choose my existing mapped network drive and select the database that I need.

Both PC's are windows 10 pro. I've configured the mapped network drive, but it's not listed in drives drop down on dsn creation window.

If I instead delete the existing mapped network drive, and click the "network..." button. I can create a mapped network drive and select my accdb file. However in doing so and clicking okay, 1 the mapped network doesn't show up in "this pc" and 2, the dsn I created does NOT show up in the system dsn tab.

If I try to create it again, I do see my mapped network drive int he drives list, which is nice BUT when I click okay after choosing the database, it says "the datasource named "mydsn" already exists. Replace it with this definition?

If I choose Yes, it still doesn't show up in the system DNS list. Nor can my fedex program find it. It MUST be in the list in order for my fedex software to use it.

Incidentally, even on the originally PC, I can no longer create any NEW system DSN using Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb, *accdb) ACEODBC.DLL.

On both pcs, the only thing that I can successfully create is a Driver do Microsoft Access (*.mdb) ODBCJT32.DLL . Although that will work for one of my needs, the other is an accdb. And while I have tested creating one with this driver and choosing the accdb anyway, fedex can't use it.

ZenMasta, Feb 23, 2024
  4. I HAVE A EROPLEM IN DSN

File DSN are slow to scan when opening ODBC Data Source Administrator

*Sigh* I swear I spent an hour googling. I figured it out myself. To describe the symptom again:

• If you open the ODBC Data Sources Administrator, and it is very slow to load the File DSN tab (e.g., a few minutes), and/or if when you select an ODBC export from Microsoft Access, and Access becomes unresponsive for a few minutes before opening the ODBC
      connection window, then...
    • Your File DSN directory may not be set. The default is a location in Program Files; mine was scanning my Documents directory, which is huge. I don't know why it was set that way. Anyway, I set it to an empty local folder (I never use File DSN), and now
      it opens lickity-split.

BrendanHemens1, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

I HAVE A EROPLEM IN DSN

1. I HAVE A EROPLEM IN DSN - Similar Threads - EROPLEM DSN

2. I HAVE A EROPLEM IN DSN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I HAVE A EROPLEM IN DSN: I CANT SEARSH ON MY SIDE BECUSE A PROPLEM ON DSN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-eroplem-in-dsn/bbe08766-caac-412c-ae4b-dda9a881abf6
  3. Is there any way to communicate with 32 bit odbc DSN from my application hosted in IIS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to communicate with 32 bit odbc DSN from my application hosted in IIS...: Is there any way to communicate with 32 bit odbc DSN from my application hosted in IIS 10.0.1904? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-communicate-with-32-bit-odbc/2c176719-eb04-4943-a878-0ad1f434b82a
  4. Is there any way to communicate with 32 bit odbc DSN from my application hosted in IIS...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to communicate with 32 bit odbc DSN from my application hosted in IIS...: Is there any way to communicate with 32 bit odbc DSN from my application hosted in IIS 10.0.1904? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-communicate-with-32-bit-odbc/2c176719-eb04-4943-a878-0ad1f434b82a
  5. Is there any way to communicate with 32 bit odbc DSN from my application hosted in IIS...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Not able to create Redshift DSN connection through the Add-OdbcDsn cmdlet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to create Redshift DSN connection through the Add-OdbcDsn cmdlet: Hello all,When I'm trying to create the DSN connection for Redshift facing the below error, tried many articles, but didn't get proper help, Can you please someone help to close my issue?Articles followed...
  7. Not able to create Redshift DSN connection through the Add-OdbcDsn cmdlet

Not able to create Redshift DSN connection through the Add-OdbcDsn cmdlet: Hello all,When I'm trying to create the DSN connection for Redshift facing the below error, tried many articles, but didn't get proper help, Can you please someone help to close my issue?Articles followed...
  8. ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture...: Hi ExpertsProblem Statement: IT team joined a standalone Windows 2019 Server Version 1809 to Azure AD and rebooted the server. But next day I started facing some issue with my application.Details: OS: Windows 2019 Server Version 1809 build - 17763.2803 64 BitApplication: Web...
  9. ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture...

ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture...: Hi ExpertsProblem Statement: IT team joined a standalone Windows 2019 Server Version 1809 to Azure AD and rebooted the server. But next day I started facing some issue with my application.Details: OS: Windows 2019 Server Version 1809 build - 17763.2803 64 BitApplication: Web...
  10. Can't create System DSN ODCB, Microsoft Access Driver

Can't create System DSN ODCB, Microsoft Access Driver: I have a new pc and I'm trying to configure everything the same as it was on the system it's replacing. I need to create a 2 system dsn in order for my fedex shipping software to grab order data. On my old PC this was extremely straightforward, I would go to create the dsn...