Windows 10: I Have A Ghost Screen Which Counts As My Primary

Discus and support I Have A Ghost Screen Which Counts As My Primary in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; the other week i was trying to fix my "Hz" issue, the sticker on my monitor said "144Hz" even tho my PC said it was 59Hz. in the process of trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Silenced, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Silenced Win User

I Have A Ghost Screen Which Counts As My Primary

the other week i was trying to fix my "Hz" issue, the sticker on my monitor said "144Hz" even tho my PC said it was 59Hz. in the process of trying to fix it i found out my PC has been using a ghost screen as its "1" and my main screen as "2" i dont even have a second monitor and have never connected one into my PC, every time i do ANY setting involving the first and second monitor my screen either goes black or actually generates/uses the ghost monitor on the desktop and no apps (although if i unplug my PC and turn it back on it seems to "fix" even tho there still is a problem), i cant use ANY capture device because of this and because i am trying fix my "Hz" issue i am struggling to even look at the screen since its at a low FPS

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

in the process of trying to fix this it seem neither one of em are actually my "primary" display anymore

EDIT: i found out what the "phantom monitor" is, but i dont know how to switch it

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

:)

Silenced, Jun 11, 2016
  2. Dan Hobbs Win User

I have a second "ghost" desktop in Windows 10. I do not know where or when it appeared and cannot get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?

I have got the same behaviour. I also have no error, but I have a second "ghost" (that's the word I came up with in order to search for it as well) toolbar which appears behind the active toolbar.

What I would add is that it looks like the toolbar might have looked a few days ago, with a different set of windows opened (I have several pinned applications).

The "ghost" toolbar only appears on a second monitor; my primary display just has the one toolbar I would expect to see.

I have hibernated the system twice since last rebooting, and I use a different primary display when I'm in the office. I wonder if this is a factor as the primary displays are different sizes, although the second screen where the ghosting occurs is always
    the same screen as that is the laptop's display.

I have tried unlocking the toolbars so I could move the active one out of the way, and sure enough the ghost toolbar is still there and the tasks which are still active are even clickable. Tasks which have been closed still appear but clicking the button
    does nothing.

In the image below, the vertical taskbar on the right is my current active taskbar (which I have just dragged out of the way) and the horizontal taskbar at the bottom of the screen is the "ghost" one which should not be there.

I will try to solve this myself and will post it here if I get anywhere, but I would like to know if anyone already has the answer to this.

Dan

I Have A Ghost Screen Which Counts As My Primary [​IMG]

Dan Hobbs, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Lumia 640 xl video not saving if bigger than 10 seconds

I'm using the default Microsoft Camera App. When I start recording a video, it shows the ghosted timer counting the seconds up. Then when I touch the stop icon on the screen, the recording stops but the video is not saved. By experimenting, I found that
    it saves videos if they are 9 seconds or less.

My software is up to date. I have tried switching the phone off. No change. What should I do to fix this?

FrustratedWithMic, Jun 11, 2016
Thema:

I Have A Ghost Screen Which Counts As My Primary

1. I Have A Ghost Screen Which Counts As My Primary - Similar Threads - Ghost Screen Counts

2. Ghost Screen??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Screen??: So every time I open Steam, Google, or Opera the apps do not launch, however I took a screenshot and well it appears like thisI only have 1 screen so I have no clue what this is or how to fix it, If anyone can help I would really appreciate it, thank you...
  3. Ghost Screen??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost Screen??: So every time I open Steam, Google, or Opera the apps do not launch, however I took a screenshot and well it appears like thisI only have 1 screen so I have no clue what this is or how to fix it, If anyone can help I would really appreciate it, thank you...
  4. Ghost screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost screens: My windows 10 PC shows a ghost display in display settings i.e. it shows two displays when there is only one. How can i remove it? I realise this is raised elsewhere but i don't understand the answer and need a more step by step, idiots guide, to fixing it. Thanks...
  5. Ghost screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost screens: My windows 10 PC shows a ghost display in display settings i.e. it shows two displays when there is only one. How can i remove it? I realise this is raised elsewhere but i don't understand the answer and need a more step by step, idiots guide, to fixing it. Thanks...
  6. Ghost screens

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I have a ghost cursor with a bubble.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a ghost cursor with a bubble.: How do I remove? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-ghost-cursor-with-a-bubble/043ad0de-1848-44e2-9c36-34fc379a3fd0
  8. Desktop moved from primary to secondary monitor (by a ghost??)

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop moved from primary to secondary monitor (by a ghost??): I have a Gigabyte P27 laptop with a Dell U2913WM monitor attached via VGA connector and a Samsung TV connected via HDMI. I use extended desktop and the Dell is set as Main Display. The built in monitor is disabled. The configuration is, from left to right, Dell (3), TV (2),...
  9. "Ghost" screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Ghost" screens: From time to time matter what I'm using, email, office products, web, etc. my screen will suddenly "ghost" out and the only way I can retrieve that screen is to go to Task Bar and (after 20X of ctrl+alt+delete) it will allow Task Bar to appear and end that task or bring...
  10. I have a ghost

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have a ghost: Hello, I have a problem that MS can't seem to help. When I boot up my machine it give me 3 login choices. 1)My Name L: myname@email.com 2)Admin 3)My Name I only have one active account on this machine aside from the admin. I can login into option #1 and #2...