Windows 10: I have a ghost

Discus and support I have a ghost in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem that MS can't seem to help. When I boot up my machine it give me 3 login choices. 1)My Name L: myname@email.com... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by code, Dec 20, 2015.

1. code Win User

I have a ghost

Hello,

I have a problem that MS can't seem to help. When I boot up my machine it give me 3 login choices.

1)My Name
    L: myname@email.com

2)Admin

3)My Name

I only have one active account on this machine aside from the admin. I can login into option #1 and #2 but not 3. Also only options 1 and 2 show in user accounts.

My question is where is the 3rd sign in user name hiding in my system and how do I remove it?

:)

2. Dan Hobbs Win User

I have a second "ghost" desktop in Windows 10. I do not know where or when it appeared and cannot get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?

In case it helps anyone else, a restart removed the ghost toolbar.

I don't know why it was there in the first place, still.

Dan Hobbs, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Dan Hobbs Win User
    I have a second "ghost" desktop in Windows 10. I do not know where or when it appeared and cannot get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?

I have got the same behaviour. I also have no error, but I have a second "ghost" (that's the word I came up with in order to search for it as well) toolbar which appears behind the active toolbar.

What I would add is that it looks like the toolbar might have looked a few days ago, with a different set of windows opened (I have several pinned applications).

The "ghost" toolbar only appears on a second monitor; my primary display just has the one toolbar I would expect to see.

I have hibernated the system twice since last rebooting, and I use a different primary display when I'm in the office. I wonder if this is a factor as the primary displays are different sizes, although the second screen where the ghosting occurs is always
    the same screen as that is the laptop's display.

I have tried unlocking the toolbars so I could move the active one out of the way, and sure enough the ghost toolbar is still there and the tasks which are still active are even clickable. Tasks which have been closed still appear but clicking the button
    does nothing.

In the image below, the vertical taskbar on the right is my current active taskbar (which I have just dragged out of the way) and the horizontal taskbar at the bottom of the screen is the "ghost" one which should not be there.

I will try to solve this myself and will post it here if I get anywhere, but I would like to know if anyone already has the answer to this.

Dan

I have a ghost [​IMG]

Dan Hobbs, Dec 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

I have a ghost

Hello code, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Please go ahead and use the tutorial below to get all account details, and post back with this information. I'll be happy to take a look at it to see if it may show a cause. It will not show any personal information.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Dec 20, 2015
  5. code Win User
    Think I have it fixed. Thanks, if something changes I'll take a look.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. What turned out to be the cause?

Brink, Dec 28, 2015
  7. code Win User
    Actually I haven't solved it yet I just weird-ed out about posting my name which shows up ....

8. code Win User

I have a ghost

In a nutshell it shows the four standard account.

Admin,
    guest,
    user and
    me

for some reason I'm showing twice.

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you like, blank out your name from it before posting. Double check to see if the names are identical, or if there's any difference.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I have a ghost

1. I have a ghost - Similar Threads - ghost

2. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures: I'll just refer to this as ghosting but it somewhat reminds me of burn-in with the way previous frames just stay in the background. This is the EU4 loader but it happens in new Teams and possibly some others. I've tried changing GPU and updating / resetting drivers but no...
  3. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures: I'll just refer to this as ghosting but it somewhat reminds me of burn-in with the way previous frames just stay in the background. This is the EU4 loader but it happens in new Teams and possibly some others. I've tried changing GPU and updating / resetting drivers but no...
  4. Blurry or ghosting windows apps or programs check pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ghost Work Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Work Account: I used a work account on my computer for a previous employer, and I've since disconnected the account and set up a new work account on my computer. Everything works as it should until I try to enable the new Outlook. It immediately takes me to my previous employer's domain to...
  6. Ghost Work Account

Ghost Work Account: I used a work account on my computer for a previous employer, and I've since disconnected the account and set up a new work account on my computer. Everything works as it should until I try to enable the new Outlook. It immediately takes me to my previous employer's domain to...
  7. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  8. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  9. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  10. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...