Windows 10: I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer

Discus and support I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One way or the other I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer when I do a 'File->Open" Maybe it has to do with using a tablet and Outlook for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tfwul, May 16, 2016.

1. tfwul Win User

I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer

One way or the other I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer when I do a 'File->Open"
    Maybe it has to do with using a tablet and Outlook for Android and OneDrive on Android?
    Or having additional 2 VM's (with OneDrive)?
    I don't know...

But...
    what I don't know either is what the effects are of removing those folders. Can they be deleted
    (using the registry patches) without any side-effects?
    all marked with a X dups and OneDrive shows up 3x

I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer [​IMG]

=
    Thanks

=

:)

tfwul, May 16, 2016
  2. Drj361 Win User

Windows 10 Explorer shows duplicate folders

When I open explorer the are the default folders in favorites and This PC. If I refresh (F5) anywhere in explorer I get duplicates folders. If I refresh they duplicate again. in order to get them to go away I have to logoff and log back on then they are
    correct again.

Drj361, May 16, 2016
  3. mklensten Win User
    Multiple Duplicate Folders under This PC in File Explorer

I have the same problem - However, if I close Windows Explorer and reopen it, only one "Documents" folder exists under "This PC" and all of the duplicate "Documents" folders are gone. If I leave Windows Explorer running, the duplicate "Documents" folders
    start reappearing.

mklensten, May 16, 2016
Thema:

I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer

1. I have a lot of duplicate folders in Explorer - Similar Threads - lot duplicate folders

2. Duplicate folders in File Explorer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate folders in File Explorer Windows 11: I am using Windows 11 and in File Explorer I am seeing duplicate folder names under each of my library folders.This I am finding very confusing and I don't know if this is normal or an error. I am using a new computer and I do not what to transfer my files from the old system...
  3. Duplicate folders in File Explorer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate folders in File Explorer Windows 11: I am using Windows 11 and in File Explorer I am seeing duplicate folder names under each of my library folders.This I am finding very confusing and I don't know if this is normal or an error. I am using a new computer and I do not what to transfer my files from the old system...
  4. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder: When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 -...
  5. File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer with Onedrive duplicates files in folder instead of folder: When using OneDrive, if you try to duplicate a folder, it creates a copy of all the files inside instead of creating a copy of the folder.So if I have this folder structure:New Folder file1.txtThen when I copy-paste the folder to duplicate it, I get this:New Folder file1 -...
  6. Duplicate folders in my File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate folders in my File Explorer: I know this had been covered long ago. It is impossible for me to find that particular thread. Would someone please tell me how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? Thank you. [img] 168975
  7. slui.exe process is duplicated a lot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    slui.exe process is duplicated a lot: When i open the task Manager i can see up to 100 Windows registration processes, each consuming 2-0,5 mb of ram. The original program is slui.exe in the System32 folder. What is causing this? My Windows is not activated, and i did not even try to do anything. [ATTACH]...
  8. Duplicate folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate folders: How do I prevent my folders to duplicate. I have several folders that is duplicated with -DESKTOP at the end of the name and then the original folder is still there, but with no files in it. Would appreciate any help. Thanks Helga...
  9. Duplicate OneDrive folders in Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Duplicate OneDrive folders in Explorer on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]OneDrive is regarded as one of the leading cloud storage services. It is most used by the enterprise bundled along with the Office 365 subscription -although, there are many users who use it for their personal accounts as well. One [...] This post Duplicate...
  10. Windows Explorer Help with Duplicate Folder Links

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Help with Duplicate Folder Links: Guys, Not sure how to describe, but will do my best. So i rebuilt my PC yesterday after fitting a new HDD. Basically previously on a physically different HDD I had all my "My Documents", "Pictures", "Music","Downloads" & "Videos" folders in a onedrive folder which then...