Windows 10: I have a PIN error on my laptop can anyone help?

Discus and support I have a PIN error on my laptop can anyone help? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an old windows laptop however still works as new, went to log in today and it’s coming up with the error message “something happened and your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Megan christina, Feb 27, 2024.

1. I have a PIN error on my laptop can anyone help?

I have an old windows laptop however still works as new, went to log in today and it’s coming up with the error message “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” I have clicked on this which pops up with “search for app in the App Store? You will need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the store” when I click yes it closes the pop up and does nothing, I have tried to go through my office account on my phone to change the pin that way and can not find the setting that everywhere mentions. I was just wondering if anyone k

:)

Megan christina, Feb 27, 2024

2. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Unable to go into safe mode to change pin

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the error that you are getting after entering the PIN?
    2. Is there any other administrator user account on the laptop?
    3. Are you entering the correct PIN?

If you have signed in with your Microsoft Account, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    How to recover your PIN and password from the lock screen and check if this helps.

If you are not able to recover your PIN or password, then the only way to login to your laptop is to do a
    Custom Installation of Windows, in which you will lose all your applications; however, your user data like pictures, videos, documents, etc., will be saved in Windows.old
    folder.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 27, 2024
  4. I have a PIN error on my laptop can anyone help?

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

I have a PIN error on my laptop can anyone help?

1. I have a PIN error on my laptop can anyone help? - Similar Threads - PIN error laptop

2. can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have...: can anyone help with my laptop windows 7 ultimate? there is no sound playback and i have tried every tips. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-with-my-laptop-windows-7-ultimate/48dd90ad-3633-4aa3-b9f2-2a6ff111a59b
  3. I have a PIN error on my laptop can anyone help?

I have a PIN error on my laptop can anyone help?: I have an old windows laptop however still works as new, went to log in today and it’s coming up with the error message “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” I have clicked on this which pops up with “search for app in the App...
  4. I have a PIN error on my laptop can anyone help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a PIN error on my laptop can anyone help?: I have an old windows laptop however still works as new, went to log in today and it’s coming up with the error message “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” I have clicked on this which pops up with “search for app in the App...
  5. Can anyone help on why my laptop is having this flickering problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help on why my laptop is having this flickering problem?: I'm having a new issue with my laptop again after re-installing a new hard drive a few weeks ago to fix a dead hard drive and now i'm having a new problem show up.I've been noticing recently that i'm getting this flickering when i visit some websites like youtube and some...
  6. Can anyone help on why my laptop is having this flickering problem?

Can anyone help on why my laptop is having this flickering problem?: I'm having a new issue with my laptop again after re-installing a new hard drive a few weeks ago to fix a dead hard drive and now i'm having a new problem show up.I've been noticing recently that i'm getting this flickering when i visit some websites like youtube and some...
  7. Can anyone help on why my laptop is having this flickering problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I cannot reset my pin and the laptop refused to open in safe mode , anyone can help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot reset my pin and the laptop refused to open in safe mode , anyone can help?: i do not have any solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-reset-my-pin-and-the-laptop-refused-to/57c1afa0-56e5-4b77-9c9c-a8ab74597e0a
  9. I cannot reset my pin and the laptop refused to open in safe mode , anyone can help?

I cannot reset my pin and the laptop refused to open in safe mode , anyone can help?: i do not have any solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-reset-my-pin-and-the-laptop-refused-to/57c1afa0-56e5-4b77-9c9c-a8ab74597e0a
  10. I have an os not found error. can anyone help please?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have an os not found error. can anyone help please?: I tried partitioning my hard drive and it was fine for the day, next day I turned on my pc and this was the error. I used bootable usb and followed this but failed on bcdboot command. OS was installed on ssd and its working fine. I'm sure it's because of partitioning. Should...