Windows 10: i have a problem with pc recognizing flash drive

Discus and support i have a problem with pc recognizing flash drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; earlier, i had no problem connecting and opening files within flash drive. but a few minutes ago, somehow, i cannot open flash drive. this particular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pathfinder, Mar 25, 2017.

1. i have a problem with pc recognizing flash drive

earlier, i had no problem connecting and opening files within flash drive. but a few minutes ago, somehow, i cannot open flash drive. this particular drive has portableapps program saved and i use that to run portable programs. im thinking maybe its the usb connection hub that is the culprit..because when i plug in flash into adaptor thats connected to tablet, i can open files..

any hints?

oh and now i see my external drive is not showing either! what?? i need it to open..what is causing the problem?

:)

Pathfinder, Mar 25, 2017

2. Unrecognized USB device

I have Windows 10. Over the past 2 weeks I have experienced sporadic problems when plugging in USB flash drives. Message states that device is not recognized. I have unplugged and then reinserted flash drive and found it recognized. However, today
    despite repeated attempts, none of my flash drives have been recognized. Please help!

JaneMartinson, Mar 25, 2017
  3. mikeh9909 Win User
    during Windows 10 update, can't choose USB drive with free space, stuck at 70% installed

What was the outcome? I have the same problem but the update doesn't recognize that I have a flash drive connected with plenty of space. No option is offered to use that space, even though the drive is clearly recognized by the OS.

mikeh9909, Mar 25, 2017
  4. Wullail Win User

i have a problem with pc recognizing flash drive

I'm wondering if the option to allow your system to turn off your USB ports to save power is enabled.

Wullail, Mar 25, 2017
  5. greetings. i have no idea.. few seconds ago, i restarted pc, then plugged in my wd my passport external..and it was able to open. except the flas drive isnt opening..trying to scan and fix it. see here, tried opening flash drive but got error

i have a problem with pc recognizing flash drive [​IMG]

ok...so i restarted again, and plugged in the flash drive and external hdd..iam able to access them! always a reboot clears up problems. so i guess disaster averted. would of been a huge huge event. as i have over 6-700GB of stuff saved on both devices

Pathfinder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

i have a problem with pc recognizing flash drive

1. i have a problem with pc recognizing flash drive - Similar Threads - problem recognizing flash

2. PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive: PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-doesnt-recognize-usb-flash-drive/0a95f9d2-6968-4325-8c66-0e87374ede1e
  3. PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive: PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-doesnt-recognize-usb-flash-drive/0a95f9d2-6968-4325-8c66-0e87374ede1e
  4. flash drive not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flash drive not recognized: Drive less month old...would put movie files on it then plug into my tv to stream...one time was transferring data to the drive got this error message in this picture....and other picture drive F.....
  5. PC not recognizing my flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not recognizing my flash drive: It shows that it is there and it says it is working but when I click on the symbol for my flash drive it says “please insert disk”. submitted by /u/C0nfusedBoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbg70w/pc_not_recognizing_my_flash_drive/
  6. Flash Drive Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Drive Not Recognized: After using my 128-GB Sandisk flash drive to put files back on my Mac, my Windows computer no longer recognizes it, but the Mac can still recognize it and all the data. Formatting it does not solve the problem. Windows does not recognize the drive at all, and I don't even see...
  7. Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized

Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized: I have a 16GB USB Flash Drive I was using for saving "File History" documents, favorites, etc.. It appeared to be working, but later I got a message about running out of space on the drive. I formatted the drive and that appeared to be successful, then tried to use it...
  8. Problem with flash drive

Problem with flash drive: I use a Dell Inspiron 5379 laptop and a flash drive that has an issue. When I tried to transfer a 2 GB folder, the process stopped at 60% and stuck. Then I heard a sound like USB disconnecting and reconnecting continue. The files are not corrupted but the issue persists. I...
  9. Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not

Flash drives recognized but external hard drives are not: My Windows 10 Home laptop will recognize all of my flash drives but won't recognize any of my external hard drives. They all use to show up but now they aren't. The hard drives show up in disk manager but won't show up in file explorer. I hooked them up to other laptops &...
  10. Problem with flash drive

Problem with flash drive: I have a question about my flash drive. It's a 4GB PNY and usually works with no problem when I plug it in. But lately when I plug it into my laptop (a 2 month old laptop with Windows 10), it plays a quick tune indicating I plugged it in, but it doesn't actually show up on my...