Windows 10: I have a strange problem with Quick Access view

Discus and support I have a strange problem with Quick Access view in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a strange problem with Quick Access view: all of a sudden files are displayed as in every other folder in a single list, and I can't select By... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hexaae, May 29, 2016.

1. hexaae Win User

I have a strange problem with Quick Access view

I have a strange problem with Quick Access view:
    all of a sudden files are displayed as in every other folder in a single list, and I can't select By group etc. to restore original mixed view:

Correct:

I have a strange problem with Quick Access view [​IMG]

Broken:

I tried to reset settings from Folders Options but nothing changed

EDIT:
    Other users here with the same issue: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...484e735?page=1
    but the given answer about deleting Shell\Bags\ numbers containing {24CCB8A6-C45A-477D-B940-3382B9225668} is ineffective

:)

hexaae, May 29, 2016
  2. aleisha11 Win User

i have a problem with facebook i cant view people on chat

Welcome to our community, ashawachi. Are you still having an issue with the Facebook app? If so, can you tell us the phone model you are using?
    BTW, does the issue happen regardless of the connection you are using? We would appreciate it if you could provide the exact error message.

We look forward to your reply.

aleisha11, May 29, 2016
  3. ashawachi Win User
    i have a problem with facebook i cant view people on chat

my facebook doesnt show people on chat there is no such option for me to view people on chat and anther thing is that some times i cant use my app yet i MBS load it tells me to check my internet setting so i dont konw what is the problem

ashawachi, May 29, 2016
  4. hexaae Win User

Looks like the Quick Access logical "object" is unknown to Windows: typing its name "Accesso rapido" this gets searched on the Net instead of opening Quick Access folder! Not sure if this is normal behavior

hexaae, May 29, 2016
  5. hexaae Win User
    Fixed!

I did in this sequence:
    • export as AllFolders.reg
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders
    • deleted whole
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
    • merged back in the registry the AllFolders.reg backup
    EDIT:
    Quick convenient script (Admin required):
    Code: rem @Echo Off rem Restore messed up folders content by , admin privileges required regedit /e %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\AllFolders.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders" reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags" /f reg import %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\AllFolders.reg del /Q %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\AllFolders.reg[/quote]

hexaae, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I have a strange problem with Quick Access view - Similar Threads - strange problem Quick

2. Quick Access problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access problem: I have been searching for a solution to my issue with no success.I have already tried:Clearing the Recent App Data in two folders AutomaticDestinations and CustomDestinationsReset Windows 10 Quick Access using Registry Deleted QatItemsClear Quick Access folders using Command...
  3. Quick Access View

Quick Access View: Hi, my quick access in file explorer has changed the viewing format to listing, how do i change it back to its original format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-view/6cb933b5-ff92-4013-9924-385061370e3e
  4. Quick Access no longer default view

Quick Access no longer default view: Hi everyone, Can someone please help? About a month ago, I was writing something in Word and it crashed. I opened it again, and had to navigate to where the temporary file was stored in order to recover it. This worked just fine, but then when I went back to edit my document...
  5. Lost "Recent Files View" in Quick Access

Lost "Recent Files View" in Quick Access: I have lost the "Recent Files View" in Quick Access on my desktop computer. I still have it on my Surface which I have attached a screenshot from for clarification. How can I get this view back on my desktop computer? Thanks Lenox[ATTACH]...
  6. Having problems with folders in quick access

Having problems with folders in quick access: Whenever I right-click on a folder in the quick access pane, all open folders close right after the machine lags a little https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-problems-with-folders-in-quick-access/a0d55143-cecd-4830-8070-3847ee992080"
  7. Problem with Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Quick access: Hi all,,,I don't know what has happened but I redirected from Quick Access Documents, Pictures music, to my D drive and when I look at the properties of those in quick access they point to D drive which is ok, but downloads is there and there is nothing in it and it points to...
  8. Problem with quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with quick access: I replaced the system disk with another (clone it). Everything is ok but in quick access there are still connections to the old disk that has now become E, Even if I try to delete them and add the new ones, the wrong connections reappear on every reboot Thank Hispa 119202
  9. Quick access problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access problem: I have a windows 10 pro system. I have a DNS-323 NAS mounted as U: On the NAS I have a main folder "My Videos". Under this folder I have a temp and save folder. I have the U:\My Videos pinned to the quick access. When I use windows explorer to move a file from the main folder...
  10. quick access problem

in Windows 10 Support
    quick access problem: Quick access has a problem where if you a have a folder pinned in the quick access list. You click on that folder name Which takes you to that folder. You now move a file in that folder to a sub folder. After the move the quick access folder name changes to the sub folder...