Windows 10: I have an issue of restoring corrupt files in Win10

Discus and support I have an issue of restoring corrupt files in Win10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! I have an issue of restoring corrupt files in Win10. So, the image I have: Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> dism... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by daem0n, May 16, 2017.

1. daem0n Win User

I have an issue of restoring corrupt files in Win10

Hello!

I have an issue of restoring corrupt files in Win10.

So, the image I have:

Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\install.wim /index:1 Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.14393.0 Details for image : E:\sources\install.wim Index : 1 Name : Windows 10 Enterprise Description : Windows 10 Enterprise Size : 13 568 890 921 bytes WIM Bootable : No Architecture : x64 Hal : acpiapic Version : 10.0.10240 ServicePack Build : 16384 ServicePack Level : 0 Edition : Enterprise Installation : Client ProductType : WinNT ProductSuite : Terminal Server System Root : WINDOWS Directories : 18912 Files : 93900 Created : 2015-07-10 - 15:59:25 Modified : 2015-07-10 - 16:00:02 Languages : en-US (Default) The operation completed successfully.[/quote] The windows version I have:

I have an issue of restoring corrupt files in Win10 [​IMG]

The commands I ran:

Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:E:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.14393.0 Image Version: 10.0.14393.0 [===========================92.6%===================== ] Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more informat ion on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:E:\sources\install.wim:1 Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.14393.0 Image Version: 10.0.14393.0 [==========================100.0%==========================] Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more informat ion on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log[/quote]
    It does not work, unfortunately. dism.log is attached.

Any suggestions how to further proceed and what options I have?

Thank you!

:)

daem0n, May 16, 2017

2. I appear to have an issue with a corrupt mbr file on my hdd running Windows 10. I have run through all of the options on the advanced trouble shooting screen but not fixed.

Sumit,

Thank you for all of your assistance on my issue. I was finally able to do a clean install and got Windows 10 up and running once again! Wow, what a long tedious task this has been. I have been busy now trying to get all of my folders and files reloaded.
    Fortunately I had them mostly on a flash drive and able to do that. Thanks again for all of your help, have a great day!!!!!

slapshotses, May 16, 2017
  3. I appear to have an issue with a corrupt mbr file on my hdd running Windows 10. I have run through all of the options on the advanced trouble shooting screen but not fixed.

Sumit,

Thank you for the detailed reply. Unfortunately I have tried all of the different options under troubleshooting, advanced options and nothing seems to work. For some reason I never get the option to reset the PC. I am currently downloading media creation
    tool for Windows 10 to a flash drive and am planning to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC as nothing else seems to work.

slapshotses, May 16, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

The windows version I have:

I have an issue of restoring corrupt files in Win10 [​IMG]

The commands I ran:

Code: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:E:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess ....[/quote] It does not work, unfortunately. [/quote]
    Welcome to TenForums @daem0n

The image at Index 1 is for Enterprise, but Winver says you have Pro installed. You should be using the image for Pro. Type the command...
    dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\install.wim
    ...which will tell you the index number of all images in your .wim. If you have Pro in your .wim, use its index number in place of '1' in your ...sources\install.wim:1 command.

If you do not have an image for Pro you'll need to download one. Now that 15063 is the current one offered by Microsoft you may need to use the third-party Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool to find the 14393 .iso on Microsoft's download servers.

5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Where did you download Windows 10 Enterprise from?

NavyLCDR, May 17, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Further- the first screenshot shows build 10240, whereas Winver shows build 14393.....

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I have an issue of restoring corrupt files in Win10 - Similar Threads - issue restoring corrupt

2. I think i have corrupted windos files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think i have corrupted windos files: When i hover over the task bar it had the blue laoding circle so I restarted the pc and now it has the "reboot and select proper boot device" message. I tried resting bios and using the ssd where my windows is installed and nothing works...
  3. I think i have corrupted windos files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think i have corrupted windos files: When i hover over the task bar it had the blue laoding circle so I restarted the pc and now it has the "reboot and select proper boot device" message. I tried resting bios and using the ssd where my windows is installed and nothing works...
  4. I think i have corrupted windos files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Having CHKDSK corrupt issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having CHKDSK corrupt issues: Hi there,All of the sudden my computer force restarted and stated there was errors on my drive that could not be fixed when I ran cmd sfc/ scannow I got this message:Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...
  6. Having CHKDSK corrupt issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having CHKDSK corrupt issues: Hi there,All of the sudden my computer force restarted and stated there was errors on my drive that could not be fixed when I ran cmd sfc/ scannow I got this message:Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...
  7. Having CHKDSK corrupt issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. i am having some issues with dism log files corrupted

i am having some issues with dism log files corrupted: i did a sfc scan and found out that i have some log files corrupted then I did run this command dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthbut it's now showing me this problem: The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files...
  9. System Restore and Corrupt FIles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore and Corrupt FIles: My current installation has corrupt files in it but i’d like to keep everything that i currently have as with my connection it would take weeks to obtain everything again. I can’t restore them with SFC or DSIM as those have failed (1903) Would a clean installation of 2004...
  10. I have a corrupted file and cannot fix it

I have a corrupted file and cannot fix it: I have been getting occasional blue screen crashes and multiple time it will crash any game that I am running. But it doesn't seem to crash any other program. The blue screen gave me a what failed and it was Netwtw04.sys I believe. I have run the sfc /scannow and the Dism....