Windows 10: I have an update, which I do not want to install. How can I hide it?

Discus and support I have an update, which I do not want to install. How can I hide it? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 and I have Office 2007 installed. The later obviously is the reason why Microsoft wants me to install "Office Live add-in 1.5".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Joergi, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Joergi Win User

I have an update, which I do not want to install. How can I hide it?

I am using Windows 10 and I have Office 2007 installed. The later obviously is the reason why Microsoft wants me to install "Office Live add-in 1.5".

I already saw that update when I still was using Windows 8.1 and I hid it. I do not want to use this add-in.

However, now in Windows 10 there obviously is no way to hide it anymore. I still do not want to install this update.

Its status currently is "Waiting on installation". This is the case since a few weeks; other updates also install, only this one does not (which is fine so far).

However, how can I hide this update so that I am no longer bothered by it?

:)

Joergi, Aug 30, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 30, 2015
  3. I have W10 32bit I want to install 64bit how do I do this as the download tool for 64 bit doesn't work!

It would be nice if we could just trade disks, I have windows 7 x64 bit but my CPU is not compatible with windows 10 x64 so I need 32 bit windows to get the windows 10 32 bit.

DanielCruse, Aug 30, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Aug 30, 2015
  5. Joergi Win User
    Thanks for the hint! I have tried the diagnostics tool and I have hidden that update.

However, under "Windows Updates" I still see it. I guess this would change, if I did a new search for updates. In Windows 8.1 this was possible with a button. But in the Windows 10 Windows Update I do not see such a button. There only is a "Next" button below the Office add-in.

How can I search for updates?

Joergi, Aug 30, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    Part 2 of the tutorial tells you. In windows 7, once you hide the update it is still there until you check for updates again. I didn't use Windows 8.

essenbe, Aug 30, 2015
  7. Joergi Win User
    I don't get it. :-(

Of the tutorial, I went through "Option 1". The result should be that the update is hidden. Also when I start that diagnostics tool again, it really tells me that the update would be hidden. Looks good.

"Option 2" in the tutorial describes how to unhide a previously hidden update again. That is not what I want...

I just want to search for updates. (In Windows 8/8.1 this functionality basically was the same as in Windows 7.)

Joergi, Aug 30, 2015
  8. essenbe Win User

Post the question in the Tutorial thread. Someone there will tell you.

essenbe, Aug 30, 2015
  9. Joergi Win User
    Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I have an update, which I do not want to install. How can I hide it? - Similar Threads - update install hide

2. how can i create a backup for a disk in which i have installed windows in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i create a backup for a disk in which i have installed windows in: i want to merge 2 disks that i have first is the disk D: second is disk C: i have windows installed in disk C and 12.5gb space free in it while i have 400gb space free in disk D:...
  3. how can i create a backup for a disk in which i have installed windows in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i create a backup for a disk in which i have installed windows in: i want to merge 2 disks that i have first is the disk D: second is disk C: i have windows installed in disk C and 12.5gb space free in it while i have 400gb space free in disk D:...
  4. how can i create a backup for a disk in which i have installed windows in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. how can I hide unwanted updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I hide unwanted updates: I have updates for an old 2007 MS Project. How do I get rid of , or hide, the updates? I uninstalled Project 2007.Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites KB2767916The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 SP3Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1...
  6. how can I hide unwanted updates

how can I hide unwanted updates: I have updates for an old 2007 MS Project. How do I get rid of , or hide, the updates? I uninstalled Project 2007.Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites KB2767916The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 SP3Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1...
  7. I want to install a fresh installation of Windows 11. How can I do this? I don't want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to install a fresh installation of Windows 11. How can I do this? I don't want to...: I want to install the upgrade of Windows 11 over my original Windows 10 that my laptop came with. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-install-a-fresh-installation-of-windows/b7733787-9816-4686-ad55-db35fb9f2ebc
  8. I want to install a fresh installation of Windows 11. How can I do this? I don't want to...

I want to install a fresh installation of Windows 11. How can I do this? I don't want to...: I want to install the upgrade of Windows 11 over my original Windows 10 that my laptop came with. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-install-a-fresh-installation-of-windows/b7733787-9816-4686-ad55-db35fb9f2ebc
  9. How do I hide an update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I hide an update?: My Windows 10 Update keeps installing update KB4023057. How do I stop this from happening? Cheers Graham https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-hide-an-update/9f02635a-b34d-4220-8f90-12569675c6a0
  10. I don't have Installscript Engine. Can I install it? Do I want to?

in Windows 10 Support
    I don't have Installscript Engine. Can I install it? Do I want to?: Last year I tried to install TOPO! (mapping software...) on my computer, but couldn't. I put is on my wife's computer and it runs fine. I just bought a new computer and tried again. It still won't install. It says I am missing Installscript Engine, and need isscript.msi....