Windows 10: I have been working on my Nieces new computer

Discus and support I have been working on my Nieces new computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been working on my Nieces new computer for her Christmas what is the easiest way to delete my stuff from it? As mines broke down and went in for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hollyoaks777, Dec 8, 2015.

1. I have been working on my Nieces new computer

I have been working on my Nieces new computer for her Christmas what is the easiest way to delete my stuff from it? As mines broke down and went in for repair so I was using her's Ccleaner do the job?

:)

hollyoaks777, Dec 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 update version 1709 created new user

Ah-ha, my niece has a brand new HP laptop containing a SSD and no HD.

The upgrade caused her the same problem.

That's 3 out of 3 SSD computers had the same problem.

The upgrade cannot have been fully tested.

PhilipTuba, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade created new user in C:\USERS

Ah-ha, my niece has a brand new HP laptop containing a SSD and no HD.

The upgrade caused her the same problem.

That's 3 out of 3 SSD computers had the same problem.

The upgrade cannot have been fully tested.

PhilipTuba, Dec 8, 2015
  4. I have been working on my Nieces new computer

If it was me I would go for resetting the PC, then it would be set as though it was new, no left overs

Settings, Update and Recovery, Recovery, Reset this PC

paulsalter, Dec 8, 2015
  5. Can't do that buddy, as I have put programms on it for her. That she wouldn't know how to do as she's only 8 things I am thinking about are logins emails Facebook passwords Etc. Mate.

6. Ok, not used ccleaner but that sounds like the type of thing it removes, hopefully someone with more knowledge of it replies

Another possibility would be to create a new account for your Niece, then all your data is ignored and the programms would remain

paulsalter, Dec 8, 2015
  7. Thanks mate wish I would have made a new user account for myself, never thought of it

8. I have been working on my Nieces new computer

Glad I helped a bit

Thanks for the rep *Smile

paulsalter, Dec 8, 2015
  9. No problem mate.

10. lx07 Win User
    You could do it now. Make a new admin account called hollyoaks777, sign onto it and delete her current account. Then make a new account for her (with the same name as the one you deleted if you want) which will then be be clean.

Probably make hers a standard account (as she is 8) and leave your account existing on the computer for repairs later on...

11. Brilliant idea mate thanks.

hollyoaks777, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I have been working on my Nieces new computer

1. I have been working on my Nieces new computer - Similar Threads - been working Nieces

2. I have Raw files on a Hard drive, which have been visible on my old computer, but this new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Raw files on a Hard drive, which have been visible on my old computer, but this new...: I have been taking RAW photos with an Olympus EM1Mk11, and saving them to a portable hard drive. I recently purchased a new Olympus OM1 camera, and have been saving the same RAW files to the hard drive. All these photos can be read by my old Computer, which is 8 years old,...
  3. I have Raw files on a Hard drive, which have been visible on my old computer, but this new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Raw files on a Hard drive, which have been visible on my old computer, but this new...: I have been taking RAW photos with an Olympus EM1Mk11, and saving them to a portable hard drive. I recently purchased a new Olympus OM1 camera, and have been saving the same RAW files to the hard drive. All these photos can be read by my old Computer, which is 8 years old,...
  4. Have I been hacked or is my computer busted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been hacked or is my computer busted?: I do not know whether I have been hacked or not. The two things that make me suspect this are: 1 That my country of origin has changed to the United Kingdom and 2 That even though I have administrator in the account settings below my name and current email I am unable to open...
  5. Have I been hacked or is my computer busted?

Have I been hacked or is my computer busted?: I do not know whether I have been hacked or not. The two things that make me suspect this are: 1 That my country of origin has changed to the United Kingdom and 2 That even though I have administrator in the account settings below my name and current email I am unable to open...
  6. Have I been hacked or is my computer busted?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I have a new computer and my w10 home key won't work

I have a new computer and my w10 home key won't work: I am trying to install my windows 10 home on the new computer that I have. I am using a media installation and key I bought from Amazon and it keeps saying product key won't work. I tried contacting Microsoft but there is no response either. How can I make this work?...
  8. I have been infected with a virus and my system is not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have been infected with a virus and my system is not working: HELP! I can't turn on window defender, sync clock, window updates and adware ... i tried to reboot many time and use antivirus but i can't turn on or remove it. It says it managed by administrator. I think my PC have virus. Any one have solutions? Thanks a lot for help! Why...
  9. I have been hacked . Computer does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have been hacked . Computer does not work: I received a phone call that my Windows 10 had expired from someone I thought was a legitimate Microsoft person. They said they could fix it because I had been hacked & had a virus. So I did what they said & bought google play cards & scanned to them. Then they said those...
  10. Installation of my nieces computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of my nieces computer: Hi I have been installing windows 10 on my nieces computer for her Christmas. It's added my devices on my network I can't see an option to delete them off her computer as she is only 8 and I am scared she can delete my devices Etc. from her computer when she gets it at...