Windows 10: I have bought a retail copy of windows10 not happy with it.

Discus and support I have bought a retail copy of windows10 not happy with it. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have bought windows 10 home retail copy and not happy with it I cant revert back to windows 8.1 other than using a clean install of windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by benjammin, Sep 13, 2015.

1. benjammin Win User

I have bought a retail copy of windows10 not happy with it.

I have bought windows 10 home retail copy and not happy with it I cant revert back to windows 8.1 other than using a clean install of windows 8.1 retail will I be able to to install windows 8.1 retail and then be able to use windows 10 retail copy on another pc in the future. And how is the best way to do the above that is install windows 8.1 and be able to keep windows 10 retail copy in the future on another pc?

:)

benjammin, Sep 13, 2015

2. i have a retail copy of windows 10 that i want to share with my new build

You would not be able to customize your system. Many options in Settings would be disabled and a constant watermark would always be on screen.

Otherwise, you would be able to install Windows Updates and use your apps.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 13, 2015
  3. i have a retail copy of windows 10 that i want to share with my new build

You will need to purchase an additional license if you want to install it on another computer.

If you install it on the computer using the same key, it will invalidate the existing license when you activate.

You can of course install Linux if that suits you.

Resources:

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

and

Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Andre Da Costa, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

1. I have bought a retail copy of windows10 not happy with it. - Similar Threads - bought retail copy

2. I have accidentally bought a copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have accidentally bought a copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition: Hello, Today, I bought a copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. However, rather than buying the copy as a gift for my friend, I have accidentally bought it for my Microsoft account. I've been searching the Internet trying to find a solution for three hours now, yet I couldn't...
  3. I bought 2x copies of Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought 2x copies of Minecraft: Hello!I made the mistake of buying minecraft on the wrong account and then, I bought it again on the right account this is all on the Microsoft Store this time but instead of having two copies it seems I only have one? As I load up the Minecraft launcher on the right account...
  4. I bought 2x copies of Minecraft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I bought 2x copies of Minecraft: Hello!I made the mistake of buying minecraft on the wrong account and then, I bought it again on the right account this is all on the Microsoft Store this time but instead of having two copies it seems I only have one? As I load up the Minecraft launcher on the right account...
  5. I bought 2x copies of Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. I bought a genuine sealed Windows 10 Pro copy as a retail box, and it appears to be an OEM...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought a genuine sealed Windows 10 Pro copy as a retail box, and it appears to be an OEM...: Hello all,I recently bought a genuine sealed Windows 10 Pro copy as a retail box from a French Internet retailer, and it appears to be an OEM version. How could I spot the difference ?After having opened the sealed package, I checked the product key on various software...
  7. I am having this issue is there a way to fix it? I would be really happy happy and thankful...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am having this issue is there a way to fix it? I would be really happy happy and thankful...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EpicHsyn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9pq09/i_am_having_this_issue_is_there_a_way_to_fix_it_i/
  8. Retail copy of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retail copy of Windows 10: downloaded a retail copy of Windows 10 to new refurbished laptop. for daughter Son-in-law returned computer to exchange for new refurbished computer When I found out, original computer was on way back to refurbishing company How do I get my retail copy of...
  9. how to transfer Windows10 (bought copy) from failing SSD to a HDD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to transfer Windows10 (bought copy) from failing SSD to a HDD?: As the title says, my SSD is getting on a bit and I want to transfer Win 10 and all of the other stuff to my HDD before it's to late. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-windows10-bought-copy-from-failing/e2835e09-80fb-4fb8-9b92-76ea3a3ec19f"
  10. Shadow Copy Windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shadow Copy Windows10: Hello, I update to 18860 Insider build, before that I was able to see my shadow copies in "Previous version" tab in every folder. But latest build loose my task schedules, can you help, what is right command to enable shadow copies again and show on "Previous version"?...