Windows 10: I have installed a new m.2 pcie3 SSD, and now it won't boot or let me into bios

Discus and support I have installed a new m.2 pcie3 SSD, and now it won't boot or let me into bios in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have installed a new SSD crucial P3When I try boot my pc it no longer lets me boot to windows and also doesn't let my into bios my pc either receives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rob Kay1, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Rob Kay1 Win User

I have installed a new m.2 pcie3 SSD, and now it won't boot or let me into bios

I have installed a new SSD crucial P3When I try boot my pc it no longer lets me boot to windows and also doesn't let my into bios my pc either receives no signal or lets me see the asrock interface but doesn't let me use the hot keys to reach bios.It only shows the asrock startup logo if I spam all F2, F6, F11, and DEL during startup

:)

Rob Kay1, Dec 4, 2023

2. Why is my computer locking up on boot after installing M.2 SSD

My brother suggested that I unplug the current SSD in my computer and leave the HDD drive alone. Install the M.2 SSD and boot into BIOS. He said the two SSD's might be causing a conflict and once the BIOS is allowed to identify the new M.2 SSD I should be able to plug the other one back in. Should I give that a shot?

Joe 8675309, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Installed m.2 ssd into my computer and it booted but then I restarted it and now it won't boot to the BIOS or Windows

I recently purchased a new NVME m.2 ssd for my PC. So I installed it no bother and then when I went to turn it on, everything booted normally and I was in windows. I noticed it didn't show up in the file explorer, so I decided to restart the pc and go to the bios but when I did, it beeps once when I turn it on but then doesn't boot to windows or the BIOS. I am quite confused with what the issue is.

My PC specs are-

• CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
    • MOBO- Asus PRIME A320M-K
    • GPU-ASUS AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL
    • RAM- Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2400MHz
    • HDD- Seagate 1TB Harddrive
    • New SSD- WD Blue SN550 1TB NVME M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 SSD
    My monitor just stays black when I turn the PC on. I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks.

RyanCampbell20, Dec 4, 2023
  4. I have installed a new m.2 pcie3 SSD, and now it won't boot or let me into bios

Bought new M.2 SSD, PC will not boot while it's installed

Hey gents -

I went back to micro center and they absolutely insisted that the SSD I bought is compatible with the motherboard. They thought my problem to be bizarre and suggested that I swap the SSDs around (so that my normal SSD is in the "Ultra M.2" slot and the new empty SSD is in the normal M.2 slot). Well, that made my issue even stranger.

When my normal SSD is plugged into the "Ultra M.2" slot, I am able to get to BIOS and UEFI, but the computer refuses to boot normally. Two boot options show up under my UEFI menu - Realtek PXE and some kind of non-network boot option. Booting with the PXE option launches something called "Realtek Gigabit Ethernet Controller" and presents me with an error: "PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable". Booting with the other option boots the computer as if there is nothing plugged into either slot - it prompts me to plug in a boot device and "press any key".

I do not know what is going on here. If the "Ultra M.2" slot does not work as the above result leads me to believe, why does my computer bug out when the empty drive is plugged into it?

If it would help, I could take photos so you all could get a better idea of what is going on.

theugliestgreen, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

I have installed a new m.2 pcie3 SSD, and now it won't boot or let me into bios

1. I have installed a new m.2 pcie3 SSD, and now it won't boot or let me into bios - Similar Threads - installed pcie3 SSD

2. My m.2 ssd is recognized in bios, but not as a boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My m.2 ssd is recognized in bios, but not as a boot device: Hi everyone, I put my western digital m.2 ssd with windows installed into my motherboard, an ASUS rog strix b650 Wi-Fi motherboard, it is showing up in BIOS as storage, but not as a boot device.I have tried all three m.2 slots, but it has not worked.M.2: WD - Blue SN580 1TB...
  3. I have installed a new m.2 pcie3 SSD, and now it won't boot or let me into bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have installed a new m.2 pcie3 SSD, and now it won't boot or let me into bios: I have installed a new SSD crucial P3When I try boot my pc it no longer lets me boot to windows and also doesn't let my into bios my pc either receives no signal or lets me see the asrock interface but doesn't let me use the hot keys to reach bios.It only shows the asrock...
  4. I have installed a new m.2 pcie3 SSD, and now it won't boot or let me into bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have installed a new m.2 pcie3 SSD, and now it won't boot or let me into bios: I have installed a new SSD crucial P3When I try boot my pc it no longer lets me boot to windows and also doesn't let my into bios my pc either receives no signal or lets me see the asrock interface but doesn't let me use the hot keys to reach bios.It only shows the asrock...
  5. Installed m.2 ssd into my computer and it booted but then I restarted it and now it won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed m.2 ssd into my computer and it booted but then I restarted it and now it won't...: I recently purchased a new NVME m.2 ssd for my PC. So I installed it no bother and then when I went to turn it on, everything booted normally and I was in windows. I noticed it didn't show up in the file explorer, so I decided to restart the pc and go to the bios but when I...
  6. Installed m.2 ssd into my computer and it booted but then I restarted it and now it won't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed m.2 ssd into my computer and it booted but then I restarted it and now it won't...: I recently purchased a new NVME m.2 ssd for my PC. So I installed it no bother and then when I went to turn it on, everything booted normally and I was in windows. I noticed it didn't show up in the file explorer, so I decided to restart the pc and go to the bios but when I...
  7. Installed m.2 ssd into my computer and it booted but then I restarted it and now it won't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows Boot Problem BIOS SSD M.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Boot Problem BIOS SSD M.2: I got an SSD M.2 and set Windows 10 there. The second disk is HDD. During startup, the PC throws it into the BIOS. I don't change anything there, I press "save and exit", and then Windows starts up. And if you turn off the computer and turn it on after 1 minute, everything...
  9. Booted desktop SATA SSD with laptop M.2 SSD now the desktop SSD won't work both have...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booted desktop SATA SSD with laptop M.2 SSD now the desktop SSD won't work both have...: A little backstory, both SSD's have windows 10 on them with different license of course. I wanted to read the laptop SSD as a regular drive so I can export files from, into my new desktop. I placed the laptop ssd into the desktop while it was running, but there was nothing...
  10. M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section: I have had this problem for a while now and I have never seemed to figure it out. My C drive shows up in file explorer and I have saved multiple games and big files and such. And I checked my SSD with Crystal disk info and it said it was in good condition. But whenever I go...