Windows 10: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

Discus and support I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sion Scialom, Feb 12, 2024.

1. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click

:)

Sion Scialom, Feb 12, 2024

2. Win7 Annoyance: HomeGroup Listener service

Okay , since i saw the two win7 threads , i see that , HOMEGRoUP is .... not even needed , but it worked for me atleast until the printer stopped sharing for some reason , I also had disabled (for some reason?) multiple services like Peer Networking (3 related, were disabled) and Homegroup services (2 , manual )

Only the Homegroup provider service was always started , im not sure at all if homegroup ever worked , but i CANT leave the homegroup , i want to START OVER because i recently installed fresh win7 on my computer , (this is the PC with the printer attached , again*Roll Eyes I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the... :rolleyes: )

Now to GET me here , i have wasted an hour searching throught web , full of useless 3 step wannabe-advanced "guides" that only tell you the obvious basic ways, what i already did.

This is when i try to start the HG Listener service , that is responsible for configuration.
    I have already followed some solutions but wern't working , mainly because I think the Listener service is is not present;

but the solution was to delete everything from

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

The question is , should i opt for mussels way and COMPLETELY ERASE DELETE DISABLE homegroup , or should i repair the HomeGroup Listener service and then it should Leave the homegroup and reset everything. ( MAKE SURE YOU DISABLE "SHARING WIZARD" in FOLDER OPTIONS,"simple file sharing" in xp)

I don't even know what the heck is with this win7 clusterfick , but i think im also fed up with "you need to have permissions from [yourself]" ; so i made a new thread not sure if it fits elsewhere , but i quite agree with the "Security/VirtualStore/permission" being totally useless to home users.

Microsoft makes OS for office environiments , 80% of it's users are home users.

Im not sure yet if it's the cause why the printer doesn't want to share , i'll see.

Oh and , the purpose of disabling services (i did that months ago and printer was working until 2 weeks ago)

RuskiSnajper, Feb 12, 2024
  3. dahas Win User
    WIN10 HOMEGROUP not accessible by WIN7 PCs

Hello,

I cannot connect my WIN 7(home) PCs (3 of them) to a homegoup created on a new Windows 10 (home) computer.

The WIN 7 PC see each other without any issue.

Here’s how I proceeded:

• Leave all homegroups on the WIN7 PCs
    • Create a new homegroup on the WIN10 pc with the same group
    • The WIN7 PCs see the new homegroup
    • Click on join and enter password
    • After some time I get a message that connection was not possible

I’ve also tried to create the homegroup on a WIN7 pc. The WIN10 pc can see and accept to join but the shares are not visible.

Running WIN 10 1709 HOME

dahas, Feb 12, 2024
  4. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

win7 to win11

is it possible to upgrade from win7 to win11

Bobby Selph, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

1. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the... - Similar Threads - installed HomeGroup since

2. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click...
  3. i need to install windows defender for win7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need to install windows defender for win7: Split from this thread. i need to install windows defender for win7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-install-windows-defender-for-win7/c1b2c6f0-7662-434d-a08b-d7c2c9267660
  4. i need to install windows defender for win7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need to install windows defender for win7: Split from this thread. i need to install windows defender for win7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-install-windows-defender-for-win7/c1b2c6f0-7662-434d-a08b-d7c2c9267660
  5. win7 to win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win7 to win11: is it possible to upgrade from win7 to win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-to-win11/f5dd8172-536b-4dcc-b959-917e996dcb59
  6. win7 to win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win7 to win11: is it possible to upgrade from win7 to win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-to-win11/f5dd8172-536b-4dcc-b959-917e996dcb59
  7. How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?: Sorry if this is common but I upgraded a machine to win10 yesterday and I want to transfer over my files from my win7 unit. Home group is talked about a lot in the tutorials on the web but seemingly in a recent upgrade that is no longer an option in win10. So can some...
  8. Do I need a HomeGroup

Do I need a HomeGroup: Early on I created a HomeGroup for these two machines. Never used it for anything. We both operate fine on the network as is. Since the FCUpdate, the HomeGroup disappeared. Doing some research I've cleaned up behind it's removal. My question is: Is there any advantage to...
  9. Sharing, Homegroup do I need the?

Sharing, Homegroup do I need the?: Windows 10: Only PC user, account shows me as Local Account Administrator. Is this the same as a simple "Local Account". Ir not what should I make it? Do I still have a reason to have a "Network"? Have a wireless router, connected to desktop with ethernet cable I use...
  10. Do I really need a homegroup?

Do I really need a homegroup?: In Windows 7, I had a desktop PC and a laptop on a network without a homegroup, and I shared files seamlessly between both computers over the network. Windows 10 seems to require a homegroup to share. And if it doesn't, it sure wants to promote homegroup use. Doesn't a...