Windows 10: I have lost my license key

Discus and support I have lost my license key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi,everyone..I have a stupid question. A year ago, in march 2015, I think, I used to have Windows 10 technical preview on my laptop and I was given a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by faithful, Apr 11, 2016.

1. faithful Win User

I have lost my license key

Hi,everyone..I have a stupid question. A year ago, in march 2015, I think, I used to have Windows 10 technical preview on my laptop and I was given a key. A few months later I went back to Windows 7,and last week I decided to install Windows 10 again, but I made a clean install, not a built to Windows 7. But when I searched my email for my license key I saw that I have lost it and now I can't activate my Windows 10. What should I do?

:)

faithful, Apr 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 OEM License Key Reactivation Error!

I have a windows 8 OEM genuine license key. I'm installing windows license key virtual box checking the key in windows 10 activation first time. my virtual machine windows 10 was activated in my windows 8 OEM key after the activation I'm cleaning my laptop
    windows 10 and install fresh windows 10 again in my dell laptop and I'm using that license key again but my windows 10 can't activating.. my virtual box windows lost and windows or old data lost but my new windows can't activating how to activate the again
    using the same license key please help me my OEM License key purchasing money waste..

Muhammad Aadil, Apr 11, 2016
  3. i lost my license key for windows 10 pro

Hi, I am a college student and got a free "legal" windows 10 pro using my college email. unfortunately, I lost the license key and I can't find or retrieve it, I will really appreciate your help.

khaledOsama98, Apr 11, 2016
  4. Barman58 Win User

Contact Microsoft, they may provide you with the information you need

Other option is to buy a licensed copy of either Windows7, Windows 8 to upgrade or fresh install using key or a licensed copy of Windows 10

Barman58, Apr 11, 2016
  5. faithful Win User
    Hope that they will help me. Thanks, I will try

faithful, Apr 11, 2016
  6. You can use the Windows 7 key on the COA sticker to activate Windows 10. If you installed the correct version? 7 Pro or higher entitles you to 10 Pro, anything lower than Pro gets you 10 Home, via the free upgrade offer. You can now clean install and activate with a genuine Window 7 8/8.1 key.

Are you running the tech preview or the consumer release? What version of Windows 7 was installed on the PC and what version of Windows 10 are you running now?

alphanumeric, Apr 11, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

as alphanumeric says the Win 7 key will activate W10. Another but longer route is to re-install W7, then upgrade to W10 and then finally if you want or need to do a complete W10 clean install. That should work as the W7-->W10 upgrade will create a digital entitlement for you on the activation servers, Note though you must go from similar editions --i.e W7 PRO / ULTIMATE to W10 PRO or W7 HOME to W10 HOME.

Seems the most sensible way is just to use the W7 key to activate your W10 system. If you've lost the W7 key then you've probably had it -- time to get the "plastic money" out and buy a license.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 11, 2016
  8. eddiethc Win User

Keep in mind yes you can use your windows 7 or 8 key to fresh install windows 10 now. But it must be version 1511 also known as TH2 or higher for windows 10 to accept the key. The old RTM version from back in july wont take the key sorry if it was already mentioned i kinda skimed over this but i figured i point this out incase *Wink

eddiethc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I have lost my license key - Similar Threads - lost license key

2. I lost license key on my Acer aspire 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost license key on my Acer aspire 1: I bought my acer aspire 1 last year November but i dont use my license key and up i loose it . So i dont know how mayyou help me to recover it . My email its : *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or +27611037791 . Thank you...
  3. I lost license key on my Acer aspire 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost license key on my Acer aspire 1: I bought my acer aspire 1 last year November but i dont use my license key and up i loose it . So i dont know how mayyou help me to recover it . My email its : *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or +27611037791 . Thank you...
  4. My computer is reset but I lost my license key!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My computer is reset but I lost my license key!: I reset the computer and then I lost my license keyand than I like activate it but I don’t have a license key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-reset-but-i-lost-my-license-key/226fbc2f-0b9e-4e1e-8690-95b334d363e2
  5. My computer is reset but I lost my license key!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is reset but I lost my license key!: I reset the computer and then I lost my license keyand than I like activate it but I don’t have a license key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-reset-but-i-lost-my-license-key/226fbc2f-0b9e-4e1e-8690-95b334d363e2
  6. My computer is reset but I lost my license key!

7. i have lost my activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have lost my activation key: i have lost my activation key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-activation-key/d8f7474f-74e7-4c4f-8247-9a153cf4e6f8
  8. i have lost my activation key

i have lost my activation key: i have lost my activation key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-activation-key/d8f7474f-74e7-4c4f-8247-9a153cf4e6f8
  9. I have lost my key and bitlock password

I have lost my key and bitlock password: I have lost my key and bitlock password how to recover. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-my-key-and-bitlock-password/ed33da76-4679-4a05-8b1c-59c0e0688015
  10. Lost My windows key or digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost My windows key or digital license: i lost my hd. mobo and processor on my old pc.. i bought a new pc today. and i'm trying to recovery my serial key or my digital license..but can't find how to do it.. already try some steps given but cant find where my digital license is or my windows serial key is..not sure...