Windows 10: I have managed to lock up my Surface book

Discus and support I have managed to lock up my Surface book in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well I did it... I got into trouble with Bit Locker *Eek as I cannot find the key (don't ask). I worked with MS support to no avail. I even tried a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnM72, Jul 30, 2018.

1. JohnM72 Win User

I have managed to lock up my Surface book

Well I did it... I got into trouble with Bit Locker *Eek as I cannot find the key (don't ask). I worked with MS support to no avail. I even tried a couple of services, the same thing, All need to do is have my solid state drive wiped. Since all is backed up on my main machine there is not much to lose. I have a thumb drive with the latest Win 10 (1805) recovery form Microsoft. I have spent a week with various services but have not found a solution.
    In my search for a repair service the only one that I have found is MS and from their -website there is no indication of a repair for doing what I need. I plan to call MS and other services to see if they have a reasonable fix.

:)

JohnM72, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 March 7th 2017

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-7-march-2017/

Brink, Jul 30, 2018
  3. "Surface Detach" Icon Removal on Surface Book Taskbar

Hi,

As per the description I understand that you are trying to remove the Surface detach icon from the Taskbar on your Surface device, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable it and check if it helps.

You will have to disable the Surface DTX. Follow:

• Press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • In Task Manager, select the Startup tab.
    • Check if the Surface DTX status is shown as Disabled.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • Go to Start
      I have managed to lock up my Surface book f7c7fdba-6df5-43d9-a333-f8148a96bfa5.png
      , and select
      Power > Restart to restart your Surface Book.

Hope it helps. Let us know for further assistance on accessing the Surface device, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. I have managed to lock up my Surface book - Similar Threads - managed lock Surface

2. manage taskbar configuration Surface Book

in Windows 10 Gaming
    manage taskbar configuration Surface Book: Running Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface BookSB Given the small size of the screen on the SB, the taskbar becomes a critical resource for navigating to the windows of the various active tasks. I'm looking for a way to enlarge the area that displays the taskbar icons: SB...
  3. manage taskbar configuration Surface Book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    manage taskbar configuration Surface Book: Running Windows 10 on Microsoft Surface BookSB Given the small size of the screen on the SB, the taskbar becomes a critical resource for navigating to the windows of the various active tasks. I'm looking for a way to enlarge the area that displays the taskbar icons: SB...
  4. manage taskbar configuration Surface Book

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: I cannot install chrome browser on my Surface Book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book/cda81878-dcdf-4625-9a44-7fe9e31ab73b
  6. Surface Dock 2 locks up for about 30 seconds with Surface Book 2 randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Dock 2 locks up for about 30 seconds with Surface Book 2 randomly: I have a Surface Book 2 plugged into a Surface Dock 2. Every day or so, generally when I am on a webcall Teams, Zoom, or Webex, my mouse, keyboard, usb speaker, and usb webcam all plugged into the dock temporarily stop responding. My monitor, which is also plugged in to the...
  7. I’m having a problem with Bluetooth on my surface book 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m having a problem with Bluetooth on my surface book 2: So I recently picked up a pair of beats solo pros and they pair to my iPhone and work perfectly fine but whenever I try to pair them to my laptop it says paired but never connects submitted by /u/Milk_HD [link] [comments]...
  8. An Amazon Device Suddenly showed up on my Surface Book

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    An Amazon Device Suddenly showed up on my Surface Book: Hello: This morning I had network device called "Full_Biscuit" with a MAC address of "00:71:47:dd:0d:e5" showed up on my Surface Book. It had a Model name of "AEOBC" which I see from a search that some folks have an Echo Dot! I have no such product. Is this a virus?...
  9. Surface Book 2 Wake-up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 Wake-up: My Surface book started deep sleep problem. Solved by unplugging my 25" HP monitor - TaDaa! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-2-wake-up/65001748-2d86-44e9-a47b-678b7cb620ea"
  10. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: can I download icloud onto my Surface Book and if so how? want to import pics stored there from my iPhone. tried to trf directrly from the iPhone but they are held as optimised files and don't have enough storage to de-optimised if that makes sense. hope you can help....