I have managed to lock up my Surface book

Discus and support I have managed to lock up my Surface book in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well I did it... I got into trouble with Bit Locker *Eek as I cannot find the key (don't ask). I worked with MS support to no avail. I even tried a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnM72, Jul 30, 2018.

1. JohnM72 Win User

Well I did it... I got into trouble with Bit Locker *Eek as I cannot find the key (don't ask). I worked with MS support to no avail. I even tried a couple of services, the same thing, All need to do is have my solid state drive wiped. Since all is backed up on my main machine there is not much to lose. I have a thumb drive with the latest Win 10 (1805) recovery form Microsoft. I have spent a week with various services but have not found a solution.
    In my search for a repair service the only one that I have found is MS and from their -website there is no indication of a repair for doing what I need. I plan to call MS and other services to see if they have a reasonable fix.

:)

JohnM72, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 March 7th 2017

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-7-march-2017/

Brink, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Deepika Gowda Win User
    "Surface Detach" Icon Removal on Surface Book Taskbar

Hi,

As per the description I understand that you are trying to remove the Surface detach icon from the Taskbar on your Surface device, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable it and check if it helps.

You will have to disable the Surface DTX. Follow:

• Press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • In Task Manager, select the Startup tab.
    • Check if the Surface DTX status is shown as Disabled.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • Go to Start
      I have managed to lock up my Surface book f7c7fdba-6df5-43d9-a333-f8148a96bfa5.png
      , and select
      Power > Restart to restart your Surface Book.

Hope it helps. Let us know for further assistance on accessing the Surface device, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. I have managed to lock up my Surface book - Similar Threads - managed lock Surface

2. McAfee discovers new Windows 10 Cortana vulnerabilities that could manipulate locked systems

in Windows 10 News
    McAfee discovers new Windows 10 Cortana vulnerabilities that could manipulate locked systems: Today, McAfee has announced that it has discovered a new vulnerability in Windows 10’s Cortana digital assistant which could be used to manipulate locked systems with physical access. It’s worth noting that the two new flaws have been addressed as part of Microsoft’s August...
  3. My computer can not boot and shut down properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer can not boot and shut down properly: My computer is not starting up and shutting down properly. At first the system started up correctly but I was strangely redirected to a screen that asked me to sign out and sign in again for Windows to work properly I did just that and it was successful. After like 10...
  4. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Social...
  5. help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.

help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green gray.: help this is what my screen looks like? from my point view the screen in tinted green-gray. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/help-this-is-what-my-screen-looks-like-from-my/1cfd39dd-64b2-4a25-9548-8d95ac4d6255
  6. Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?

Why do I see this at every boot on the desktop?: I am the admin...no kids in the house...yet I see this annoying window at each start...10PRO 64bit [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/why-do-i-see-this-at-every-boot-on-the-desktop/b83e01a9-84fa-4fed-80ae-f1383265e609
  7. microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989: Microsoft Edge Critical Error screen (red in color. wanting my user name and password, gave the tel number 866 393 7989. called and they would not say they were Microsoft only another company to fix issue. meantime I can't do to much....
  8. MS Asks to connect to Proxy- My Office does not use Proxy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Asks to connect to Proxy- My Office does not use Proxy: This is a recent change- maybe because of updates? It asks me to connect with a proxy- but in my office we have no proxy connection. I can not find where to change the setting anywhere. When I try ti use FF for a intranet site, FF also asks me a loggin to proxy. 1 Now I...
  9. My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Slingbox 500 isn't working with my Windows Pro: I have installed a new Slingbox 500 onto my Windows Surface Pro 4, which has the 64bit Windows Pro installed. I have all the current Windows Updates, however, I can't seem to connect to my Slingbox. When I contacted Sling Media about the issue they mentioned that some else...
  10. Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help: every time i log on windows tries to set up pin, but i don't want pin! any help would be appreciated. thanks, ~Matt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-asks-me-to-set-up-pin-every-time-i-log/e1fe6901-0fe1-40d1-a990-5460f7ba6f23"