Windows 10: I have no Sound/Audio

Discus and support I have no Sound/Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 today, but since installing it, i have had no sound/audio. The only sound driver I have is NVIDIA High Definition Audio, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cr00mz, Aug 6, 2015.

1. cr00mz Win User

I have no Sound/Audio

I installed Windows 10 today, but since installing it, i have had no sound/audio. The only sound driver I have is NVIDIA High Definition Audio, but it cannot be selected as "default device".

:)

cr00mz, Aug 6, 2015

2. Which Adobe Acrobat is downloaded with Windows 10?

if I got a trial period for some kind of adobe prodout,where can I cancel I don't want to be charged later

I have no sound or audio, Aug 6, 2015
  3. I have no sound coming from the speakers no sound at all

Absolutely no sound is coming from my speakers

KathleenWoodbury, Aug 6, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

I have no Sound/Audio

It appears that you didn't receive drivers for your sound device. (I believe that the nVidia drivers are only useful when you are using a digital interface like HDMI or DP to a monitor that supports sound through those connections.)

The common onboard sound is from Realtek, but Windows usually install drivers for that.

Do you have any idea what sort of sound hardware your system has? Failing that, you could supply the make and model of the PC, or the motherboard (if it's a white box or homebuilt PC).

bobkn, Aug 6, 2015
  5. cr00mz Win User
    This is the motherboard i have

ASUS P5Q SE2, P45, Socket-775

cr00mz, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Simple Win User
    Simple, Aug 8, 2015
  7. cr00mz Win User
    Hey sorry for the late reply.

The sound works now, I dont know why though. Before Windows 10 (that is, windows 7) i had realtek audio drivers, in the device manager. Now there is no Realtek sound driver, only the NVIDIA i mentioned and a VIA HD Audio. I have VIA HD as default and i receive sound. Has been working for a week or so hopefully it will continue to work.

cr00mz, Aug 17, 2015
  8. Simple Win User

I have no Sound/Audio

Mark this issue as resolved to help others.

Simple, Aug 17, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    VIA and Realtec are mutually exclusive, you can't use same drivers.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I have no Sound/Audio

1. I have no Sound/Audio - Similar Threads - Sound Audio

2. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound: My laptop’s audio output has suddenly disappeared and now everytime a video or something with sound is playing it plays with no sound. Everything is always mute. My laptop is literally a mute laptop. Help please I use : Jumper Laptop Microsoft 365, 13.3 inch FHD Screen4GB...
  3. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound: My laptop’s audio output has suddenly disappeared and now everytime a video or something with sound is playing it plays with no sound. Everything is always mute. My laptop is literally a mute laptop. Help please I use : Jumper Laptop Microsoft 365, 13.3 inch FHD Screen4GB...
  4. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  6. default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

default audio output changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  7. audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  8. audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound

audio input changes on its own when pc is restarted- resulting in no sound: I have an arctis 5 headset, it has never been an issue and to my understanding has always been set as the default audio output. Recently since updating my PC to windows 11 I have been turning my PC on to find that I have no sound in my headphones, naturally I check the audio...
  9. Why won't Windows Sound Recorder detect audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Windows Sound Recorder detect audio?: The microphone as well as voice access seem to be functioning correctly i.e. saying "what can I say?" opens a list of voice commands, but when I click record in Windows Sound Recorder no audio can be detected. I've attempted reinstalling Windows Sound Recorder, but to no...
  10. Why won't Windows Sound Recorder detect audio?

Why won't Windows Sound Recorder detect audio?: The microphone as well as voice access seem to be functioning correctly i.e. saying "what can I say?" opens a list of voice commands, but when I click record in Windows Sound Recorder no audio can be detected. I've attempted reinstalling Windows Sound Recorder, but to no...