Windows 10: I have not been able to convert the install.esd to install.wmi

Discus and support I have not been able to convert the install.esd to install.wmi in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have literally searched everywhere and all the tutorials in 5 countries say to "just convert/de-crypt the esd to wmi via a third party tool. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PastPEXPilot, Apr 11, 2016.

1. I have not been able to convert the install.esd to install.wmi

I have literally searched everywhere and all the tutorials in 5 countries say to "just convert/de-crypt the esd to wmi via a third party tool. I have tried 5 and get the same answer: "operation failed only 4 out of 5 images. I am downloading from Ms via media creation tool. I have tried every combination and sources ALL only contain install.esd. THERE IS NO .WMI FILE ANYWHERE.
    I am just trying to move Users to D drive-is that too much to ask, going on 4 days now and I have slept maybe 4-5 hours, I am seeing dragons, and UFO's aNd my finger tips are bleeding. Build 10586-164, I think has been altered by the NSA to drive me crazy.

No but seriously help over here please. A Ducat for a correct answer (void in all continents by law), I would nominate you for the Nobel Peace Prize.

:)

PastPEXPilot, Apr 11, 2016
  2. Nicole L. Win User

I have not been able to install apps. The message I get is that 'The Window's Live ID is unavailable at the moment. Try again later'. Help, anyone?

Hi naija-guy

Thank you for posting in the forum.

In the Moment there is an issue with the digital certificates used to sign apps, that is why you probably encounter this error.

Please read these two threads, explaining further:

Windows Blog

Windows Blog

Microsoft is currently working on the issue and hopes to get it fixed soon.

Please have some patience and if you encounter further issues, please let us know.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nicole L., Apr 11, 2016
  3. naija-guy Win User
    I have not been able to install apps. The message I get is that 'The Window's Live ID is unavailable at the moment. Try again later'. Help, anyone?

I use a nokia lumia 800

naija-guy, Apr 11, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I have not been able to convert the install.esd to install.wmi

Part of the problem might be because you want a .wim file, not a .wmi file. Please mark this thread as solved since you now know that you can just download the ISO containing install.wim from Tech Bench.

NavyLCDR, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

I have not been able to convert the install.esd to install.wmi

1. I have not been able to convert the install.esd to install.wmi - Similar Threads - been able convert

2. I have not been able to install the Minecraft Launcher for 2 years, it always has the same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have not been able to install the Minecraft Launcher for 2 years, it always has the same...: I have the installer downloaded from minecraft.net, but it says it cannot communicate with the store and needs me to finish the process there. It has done this exactly the same for a couple years now and I have used lunar client to be able to log into Minecraft, but now it...
  3. I have not been able to install the Minecraft Launcher for 2 years, it always has the same...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have not been able to install the Minecraft Launcher for 2 years, it always has the same...: I have the installer downloaded from minecraft.net, but it says it cannot communicate with the store and needs me to finish the process there. It has done this exactly the same for a couple years now and I have used lunar client to be able to log into Minecraft, but now it...
  4. These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...: There is more than just these apps by the way, wayyy more. What causes this / how can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/these-apps-have-been-saying-they-are-installing/6d0cf065-2590-4eb2-8a20-107e2fd4170a
  5. These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...: There is more than just these apps by the way, wayyy more. What causes this / how can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/these-apps-have-been-saying-they-are-installing/6d0cf065-2590-4eb2-8a20-107e2fd4170a
  6. Not been able to install apps because I don't have a Windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not been able to install apps because I don't have a Windows store: Hello,Now I have tried in putting the code into powershell under administrator and it still didn't work it provided this error - https://i.imgur.com/GR0hkW5.pngI then decided to check if it was in the add and remove category of windows and it is not even there nothing is...
  7. Installed 21H1 but no ESD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed 21H1 but no ESD: Where does one find ESD when there is no esd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-21h1-but-no-esd/954c42f2-3103-42b7-ab15-82f910264e61
  8. I have not been able to download and install Utorrent.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have not been able to download and install Utorrent.: I have added utorrent to the list of applications that have been unblocked. I have not been able get to the point where I click ok and I know that utorrent has indeed been unlocked I am running Windows 10 What should I do? Thanks and Stay Safe Burnsey...
  9. Can i remove app installers after they have been installed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i remove app installers after they have been installed?: I know this isn't a particular windows issue but I am asking because some .exe installers take up a lot of MBonly 3 of them, but they are basically the same installers and they were for different updates of the apps So, just asking, can I delete my .exe installersnot the...
  10. .msi Enscape not able to been install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .msi Enscape not able to been install: Hi there, I followed other threats about this topic but im still not able to install the program. [ATTACH] I tried everything. From clean boot, to cmd and Service... I seriosly need this program to be installed : Any help??...