Windows 10: I have noticed that BingSvc is running on Windows 10

Discus and support I have noticed that BingSvc is running on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed that BingSvc is running on Windows 10. Do I need this as I do not use Bing or like Bing? Thank you for all info given. 23978 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaburmester, Sep 24, 2015.

1. I have noticed that BingSvc is running on Windows 10

I have noticed that BingSvc is running on Windows 10.

Do I need this as I do not use Bing or like Bing?

Thank you for all info given.

:)

jaburmester, Sep 24, 2015

2. I noticed that I have windows 10 home preview and not windows 10 pro preview.

It should have be Windows 10 Pro if you had indeed been running Windows 8.1 Pro.

Your only option is to reinstall Windows 8.1 Pro and make a reservation to get Windows 10 Pro.

How recent was your upgrade to Windows 10 Insider Preview? You could try rolling back:

How to: Rollback to a previous version of Windows from Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Sep 24, 2015
  3. I noticed that I have windows 10 home preview and not windows 10 pro preview.

* Original Title: Windows up grade

I had Windows 8.1 Pro before I installed the Windows 10 Insider Preview

I noticed that I have windows 10 home preview and not windows 10 pro preview.

to my understanding the upgrade should be the same addition.

Is this right?

TheresaPension, Sep 24, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

I have noticed that BingSvc is running on Windows 10

It is a part of Cortana. You have to do the following.

If you're okay with that, follow these steps:

• Press the Win key to open the Start Menu.
    • Search for “Cortana & Search Settings” and select the option that appears.
    • Disable Cortana in the first toggle in the menu.
    • Once Cortana is disabled, you should see an option that reads “Search online and include web results.”

bro67, Sep 24, 2015
  5. I already have disabled Cortana.

I just would like to find out if I can stop BingSvc from working or will it cause problems.

Thank you.

jaburmester, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I have noticed that BingSvc is running on Windows 10

1. I have noticed that BingSvc is running on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - noticed BingSvc running

2. I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my...: I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my computer, the printer automatically sends the last fax that was sent. I have checked the que and there is nothing showing to fax or print. I get a confirmation page besides hearing the fax...
  3. I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my...: I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my computer, the printer automatically sends the last fax that was sent. I have checked the que and there is nothing showing to fax or print. I get a confirmation page besides hearing the fax...
  4. I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I notice that some websites have thin font

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I notice that some websites have thin font: I noticed that all of my browser in my laptop that there are some website that has thin fonts but not all of them. I checked all the browser and it is all the same. I checked on my other device and it shows normal fonts. Before, I dont have this kind of behavior so Im...
  6. I notice that some websites have thin font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I notice that some websites have thin font: I noticed that all of my browser in my laptop that there are some website that has thin fonts but not all of them. I checked all the browser and it is all the same. I checked on my other device and it shows normal fonts. Before, I dont have this kind of behavior so Im...
  7. I notice that some websites have thin font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows 10 expiry notice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 expiry notice: Hi, My client is running windows 10 pro, but one of the pc last week suddenly display dialog windows about to expire at random time. I just check control panel->system, it say windows is activated. Is there a reason why all the sudden this one pc displaying windows...
  9. False Installer running notice.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    False Installer running notice.: While trying to install an update for my photo manipulation software I get an error message saying that another program is being installed and needs to be completed before the current attempt can activate. I do not have any other programs installing and am at a loss to...
  10. Windows 10 Restarts with no notice

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Restarts with no notice: This week my laptop with Windows 10 has restarted without any notice. It has happened at least one time each day for the last 4 days. I will be at my computer and all of a sudden it restarts and I see a black screen with the Dell logo. Is there something I can do to stop my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bingsvc