Windows 10: I have o2micro oz776 card reader..Can i use sim card in it?

Discus and support I have o2micro oz776 card reader..Can i use sim card in it? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop came with Smart card reader O2 Micro OZ776/777 , and there was already sim card pro in it... Now can i use Sim card in it and what software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JOH, Nov 17, 2017.

1. JOH
    JOH Win User

I have o2micro oz776 card reader..Can i use sim card in it?

My laptop came with Smart card reader O2 Micro OZ776/777 , and there was already sim card pro in it...
    Now can i use Sim card in it and what software

:)

2. auggy Win User

BSoD on win10 home

The minidump files were inconclusive but did seem to point to the bhtpcrdr.sys which appears to an O2Micro Media Card Reader driver.

Can you install the following driver for the O2Micro Media Card Reader and see if it helps:

Downloads Detail ds118513

If the error persists can you provide the following file which has more information on the crash:

C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

The memory.dmp file will be quite large, you could zip and compress the memory.dmp file with a third party application such as 7-Zip.

auggy, Nov 17, 2017
  3. JK3108 Win User
    KB4022725 failed to install and caused reboot loop

I had the same issue with Lenovo Yoga 14 and found the solution on the Lenovo forums at the link below related to O2Micro Media Card Driver conflict. A successful fix required me to uninstall the driver in the control panel uninstall software AND deleting
    the driver from the Device Manager Storage Controller folder. The SD card reader does still work and a new device got installed for SD card reader.

By the way, I had forgotten that I had an SD card inserted in the reader from my camera all this time. Perhaps that got it thrown off somehow.

Solved: O2Micro Media Card Driver 1.1.1.1019 causes KB4022725 to fail - Lenovo Community

Good luck, and thanks for posting your issue since that helped me figure out it others had a Yoga 14 related problem!

Jason

JK3108, Nov 17, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

What's the make/model of your laptop?

AFAIK .....SIM cards are completely different then SD cards. A SIM card is for activating a mobile service and a SD card is for storage. Since this is a laptop that uses wifi.....I doubt that it has a slot for a SIM card for a mobile service.

Plankton, Nov 17, 2017
  5. JOH
    JOH Win User
  6. Plankton Win User
    Well....that's a new one on me. I see in fact that it does use/have a sim card slot.

So yes you can use it. Only issue is that the sim requires activation by your mobile carrier.

btw....I found the same link you just posted.

Plankton, Nov 17, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    Plankton, Nov 17, 2017
  8. JOH
    JOH Win User

Do you know maybe which software to use with this card reader?

Thema:

1. I have o2micro oz776 card reader..Can i use sim card in it? - Similar Threads - o2micro oz776 card

2. I have a dell latitude laptop, it supports sim card, i inserted the sim card but it is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a dell latitude laptop, it supports sim card, i inserted the sim card but it is not...: I have a dell latitude laptop, it supports sim card, i inserted the sim card but it is not showing up in the network settings. Please advice...
  3. I have a dell latitude laptop, it supports sim card, i inserted the sim card but it is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a dell latitude laptop, it supports sim card, i inserted the sim card but it is not...: I have a dell latitude laptop, it supports sim card, i inserted the sim card but it is not showing up in the network settings. Please advice...
  4. I have a dell latitude laptop, it supports sim card, i inserted the sim card but it is not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can I use Sim Card slot present in my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use Sim Card slot present in my laptop?: Is the required module present on my laptop , to run a sim card?, if not then how can I get it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-sim-card-slot-present-in-my-laptop/00f5cece-202f-4caf-83ea-f175bfce1ff5
  6. Can I use Sim Card slot present in my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use Sim Card slot present in my laptop?: Is the required module present on my laptop , to run a sim card?, if not then how can I get it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-sim-card-slot-present-in-my-laptop/00f5cece-202f-4caf-83ea-f175bfce1ff5
  7. internet using sim card

internet using sim card: I am using Hp Elitebook 8570w which have a sim slot, but after using windows 10 there no any "cellular" in setting. How can i use sim and use internet? There is no any notification of inserting sim also....
  8. Sim Card

Sim Card: How I Use Mobile SimCard in laptop with windows 10 my laptop elitebook8460p https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sim-card/2ea47b16-4fba-43e8-a490-eb1b50733115
  9. card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5
  10. Working O2Micro card reader driver for Dell Latitude E6530?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Working O2Micro card reader driver for Dell Latitude E6530?: Has anyone found a *working* SD card reader driver for Windows 10 x64 for a Dell Latitude E6530? Whatever windows installs by default seems to be a dummy or stub driver. It shows no problems but doesn't actually work. Plug a card in and it makes the sound but doesn't appear...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sim manager software o2micro oz776