Windows 10: I have one day to upgrade my SSD w Win 8.1 but no computer?

Discus and support I have one day to upgrade my SSD w Win 8.1 but no computer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a laptop that died, but I had installed a 128Gb SSD in it and upgraded to a retail Win 8.1. Now I have this SSD that I'd like to upgrade it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by maarkr, Jul 28, 2016.

1. maarkr Win User

I have one day to upgrade my SSD w Win 8.1 but no computer?

I had a laptop that died, but I had installed a 128Gb SSD in it and upgraded to a retail Win 8.1. Now I have this SSD that I'd like to upgrade it to Win 10 free, but no real machine to tie it to, yet. I have an upgraded laptop and desktop.

Is there a way to upgrade this drive with the new OS ? or what should I do with it?

edit... I think I have an old XP ASUS eePC that I can hook it to also.

:)

maarkr, Jul 28, 2016

2. Have Windows 8 upgrade to Windows 10 (not 8.1 to 10)

I have tried to apply Windows 8.1 to my Window 8 Pro PC seven different times and failed. Every time it backed off the upgrade back to W 8. And was never able to figure out why.

My my question is can I upgrade from Windows 8 Pro directly to Windows 10?

The little that I have seen is that One must have Win 7 w/ SP 1 or Win 8.1.

What at are my options?

RicAnderson, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Have Windows 8 upgrade to Windows 10 (not 8.1 to 10)

I have tried to apply Windows 8.1 to my Window 8 Pro PC seven different times and failed. Every time it backed off the upgrade back to W 8. And was never able to figure out why.

My my question is can I upgrade from Windows 8 Pro directly to Windows 10?

The little that I have seen is that One must have Win 7 w/ SP 1 or Win 8.1.

What at are my options?

RicAnderson, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

I have one day to upgrade my SSD w Win 8.1 but no computer?

1. I have one day to upgrade my SSD w Win 8.1 but no computer? - Similar Threads - upgrade SSD computer

2. I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.: I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD. What is the best way to do this? Do I clone the laptop SSD to the larger one via an external case and then install the larger SSD in the laptop?...
  3. I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.: I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD. What is the best way to do this? Do I clone the laptop SSD to the larger one via an external case and then install the larger SSD in the laptop?...
  4. I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  6. Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 upgrade to win 8.1 or 10..: Hi team.I have an issue with updating from win 8 to. 8.1..or 10.I don't use my notebook that often and only for email, word documents and printing..small browsing and you tube.Don't wanna buy a new machine just yet...I'm running win8 x 64 bit.But want to update the os to a...
  7. original win 8 but after upgrade I lost my original win 8 version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    original win 8 but after upgrade I lost my original win 8 version: I bought an ASUS notebook around 2013 - 2014 with build in windows 8 inside. few months after windows give an update to windows 8.1. I just follow the instruction and since the update, my windows recognized as not activated windows. Till now 2019 after update my windows to...
  8. My Win 8 pro got upgraded to Win 10 home.Can i have still have Win 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Win 8 pro got upgraded to Win 10 home.Can i have still have Win 10 pro?: Hi!, I got a new Dell 15 5558 4 years ago with a Win 8 professional pre-installed and I had it upgraded same day to Win 10.Unfortunately I didn't realize the upgrade was done to Win 10 home till some few days ago.Is there still anyway I can have it upgraded to Win 10 pro...
  9. Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?

Win 8 not 8.1 upgrade to win 10?: I have a laptop with win 8 on it it does not have win 8.1 on it, can I use the win 10 mediacreation tool to upgrade win 8 (non 8.1) to win 10? 43418
  10. Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1

Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1: I have a silly problem. I run W 8 on my desktop computer but have never been able to upgrade to W 8.1 as I have never been able to open Windows Store, despite multiple solutions none of which have worked. The only solution of reinstalling W 8 has not appealed! I am happy with...