Windows 10: I have only 2 partitions after clean install using USB

Discus and support I have only 2 partitions after clean install using USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I just did a clean install from USB created fromMicrosoft Media.. Because my Creative Sound Card not working,decided to perform another clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cabbage, Aug 1, 2015.

1. cabbage Win User

I have only 2 partitions after clean install using USB

Hi,
    I just did a clean install from USB created fromMicrosoft Media..

Because my Creative Sound Card not working,decided to perform another clean install,
    When it came to Partitions details - I could only see two partitions.

The tutorial here in suggests it should be three or four!!

Why is that?

I am sending this from a different computer by the way...

Mine Dell Dimension 9200

:)

cabbage, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Suvrat18 Win User

Blank EFI Partition

I have an ASUS R558UR.

I had windows 10 installed on my laptop and I decided to again have a clean install of windows 10. I booted from USB and cleaned windows partition i.e. C drive and also cleaned EFI partition. I reformatted Drive and it had also created EFI partition of 100
    MB. I installed windows on laptop and setted that up. After installing windows my laptop it started taking a long time to boot about 90 seconds but earlier it took only 7-10 seconds. After analysing everything I found that my EFI partition is blank.

Please suggest me how to write back EFI partition so as to reduce boot times.

Thanks in Advace.

Suvrat18, Aug 1, 2015
  3. can I copy the windows 10 USB 3.0 stick to a USB 2.0 stick or is it copy protected

A USB 2.0 and 1.0 stick will plug into a USB 3.0 port but a USB 3.0 stick cannot be used in a 1.0 or 2.0

The comp will boot from USB but the bios only supports up to 2.0.

I had already partitioned one of the 2 500gb drives to give me a clean install and was hoping to make the comp dual boot

roger n Chrisjones, Aug 1, 2015
  4. genet Win User

I have only 2 partitions after clean install using USB [​IMG]

Here is info about UEFI Boot Mode (installing using the GPT partition style) and Legacy BIOS Boot Mode (installing using the MBR partition style). -> link

genet, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Quite normal, mines the same as in the screenshot in the previous post.

Torquemada, Aug 1, 2015
  6. cabbage Win User
    Mine is like the above.
    Mine Dell Dimension 9200 (2007 model) , I presume has no UEFI Boot Mode, Am I correct.

I am trying to find if that has anything to do with failure of my SB X Fi Xtreme Music?
    Any thoughts

cabbage, Aug 2, 2015
  7. genet Win User
    Yes, only BIOS/MBR.

genet, Aug 2, 2015
  8. cabbage Win User

Thak you.
    My Creative SB X Fi Extreme Music started to work without me doing anything!!

cabbage, Aug 2, 2015
  9. otisdog Win User
    One of my computers, a Dell laptop with a UEFI bios, did format GPT with 4 partitions. My desktop, which also has a UEFI bios did not. Got the two partitions and MBR scheme. This was kinda surprising to me. Maybe I'm not understanding completely.
    Jim

otisdog, Aug 2, 2015
  10. It's possible UEFI wasn't enabled. Just because its a UEFI capable BIOS doesn't mean its enabled. I've never enabled it, I find its a pain in the **** *Smile

Torquemada, Aug 2, 2015
  11. genet Win User
    Quote from this post:

genet, Aug 2, 2015
  12. otisdog Win User
    Good info guys.
    Thanks
    Jim

otisdog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I have only 2 partitions after clean install using USB - Similar Threads - partitions clean install

2. can i create a bootable usb using only a partition of it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i create a bootable usb using only a partition of it?: I have a 64 gig usb and i want to install tiny11 on my pc. I downloaded the iso file 3.6gig and i want to create a bootable usb using rufus. However there are some files on the usb i want to keep and i can't transfer them elsewhere. Can I create a new partition and use rufus...
  3. can i create a bootable usb using only a partition of it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i create a bootable usb using only a partition of it?: I have a 64 gig usb and i want to install tiny11 on my pc. I downloaded the iso file 3.6gig and i want to create a bootable usb using rufus. However there are some files on the usb i want to keep and i can't transfer them elsewhere. Can I create a new partition and use rufus...
  4. can i create a bootable usb using only a partition of it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Having trouble clean installing on an m.2 drive using split installer

Having trouble clean installing on an m.2 drive using split installer: Alright, this one has been a trip. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've built a new gaming rig and can't get through the windows 10 installation. Setup: MSI Z490I Unify Motherboard Samsung EVO 970 PLUS 2TB M.2 NVMe Windows 10 latest ISO via MS website. The only...
  6. Clean Install - Partitions

Clean Install - Partitions: Hello Forum, I attempted to clean install Win 10 Pro v1909 from ISO on a DVD. I simply clicked on the ISO setup file, and let the system do its thing. Typically, I end up doing these clean installs several times for various reasons. This was my first attempt at a clean...
  7. Clean install, 2 drives, too many partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install, 2 drives, too many partitions: Hello there! So, last time I did this I didnt format or delete anything and apparently thats not the way to do it if you want a clean install. I have 2 drives (1Tb Hd; 256gb Ssd). This is my list: Drive 0 Partition 1: Omen 917gb Primary Drive 0 Partition 2: Recovery 14.1 gb...
  8. clean install after deleting partitions

clean install after deleting partitions: I have deleted the partitions, and have the unallocated space partition, clicked on next, but it won't progress. There's an hourglass that just sits there. Nothing happening....
  9. I Have a new Boot partition on my c drive after clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    I Have a new Boot partition on my c drive after clean install: After a complete re-install of win 10 I noticed I had this new boot partition. this is on a MBR drive BTW In my BIOS I can choose to boot to either the drive or the boot Manager. Both work ! So what is the reason for the boot manager ? thanks 31215
  10. Clean install UEFI only 3 partitions

Clean install UEFI only 3 partitions: hi all I have clean installed windows 10 in UEFI mode it showed 4 partitions but after install only shows 3 partitions in disc managment no MSR reserved partition why How do I know it is UEFI mode 15497

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpt partition to MBR Asus r558ur