Windows 10: I Have Partitioning Issue

Discus and support I Have Partitioning Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During windows installation, I want to partition my drive into 3-4 sections. System Reserved, Partition 1 & 2 (Logical). But everytime I make "New"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MTH Owl, Jul 14, 2018.

1. MTH Owl Win User

I Have Partitioning Issue

During windows installation, I want to partition my drive into 3-4 sections. System Reserved, Partition 1 & 2 (Logical). But everytime I make "New" partition, the installation interfering me by suggesting a suitable partitions.

Is there a way to keep me manually partitioning my hard drive?

Thanks in advance,

MTH

:)

MTH Owl, Jul 14, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 14, 2018
  4. I Have Partitioning Issue

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

I Have Partitioning Issue

1. I Have Partitioning Issue - Similar Threads - Partitioning Issue

2. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  3. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  4. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...: I have been unable to run windows updates since December 2023/January 2024 now continously getting "Install error - 0x80070643". I have tried running update troubleshooter running the DSIM and SFC commands but that did not help. I also followed directions on resizing the...
  6. Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...

Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...: I have been unable to run windows updates since December 2023/January 2024 now continously getting "Install error - 0x80070643". I have tried running update troubleshooter running the DSIM and SFC commands but that did not help. I also followed directions on resizing the...
  7. Windows Update issue failed to install , 0x80070643 and lost recovery partition following...

8. Issue following the instructions on resizing the WinRE partition to fix the windows update...

Issue following the instructions on resizing the WinRE partition to fix the windows update...: I've come across issue following the instructions on resizing the WinRE partitionhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bfI followed everything to the...
  9. Issue following the instructions on resizing the WinRE partition to fix the windows update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue following the instructions on resizing the WinRE partition to fix the windows update...: I've come across issue following the instructions on resizing the WinRE partitionhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bfI followed everything to the...
  10. Issue following the instructions on resizing the WinRE partition to fix the windows update...