Windows 10: I have the Windows 10 iso in my download folder, what next?

Discus and support I have the Windows 10 iso in my download folder, what next? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Folks were helping with some crashing issues and the subject of upgrading came up. I knew there was a deadline of the end of July, so I downloaded the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jayv2251, Aug 18, 2016.

1. jayv2251 Win User

I have the Windows 10 iso in my download folder, what next?

Folks were helping with some crashing issues and the subject of upgrading came up. I knew there was a deadline of the end of July, so I downloaded the iso. Folks also recommended I NOT to use an DVD+RW did but rather one that wasn't re-writeable. As it just so happens my wife and I were at Walgreens when I seen they had a 20 pack of Sony DVD+R's on sale for $2. Boy did I snatch that up but quick!!!

What burning program should I use to make a bootable Windows 10 disk then? Is there one built into Windows 10 that I could use? Any suggestions you can offer before I do this, I'd appreciate!!!

:)

jayv2251, Aug 18, 2016

2. What files in the download folder can i safely remove without hurting computer? EXE files?

Really!

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 18, 2016
  3. What files in the download folder can i safely remove without hurting computer? EXE files?

You can determine what these are by either googling them or clicking to run the .exe then aborting any install if offered. It's up to each user whether you want to keep program or driver installers, since unless they are rare (which you should know because
    you had to search it down) they are posted on the program's or driver device's Support Downloads page, or will be delivered by Windows Update after reinstall.

For example the second one you link is a Sony driver. Once it's downloaded and installed you don't need those again as they are stored on the system, and a newer one might be available on the Sony Downloads page for your device or via Windows Update so you
    wouldn't want to use the same driver installer after reinstall.

But files in your Downloads folder are all put there by you, sometimes inadvertently when you download a picture or program installer, so there is nothing critical to Windows that will be in there. Those files are all in the WIndows folder. Your Downloads folder
    should be pruned regularly to keep only those program, driver and other downloads you want to keep or else transfer them to Pictures, Music, Videos folders for safer and more self-explanatory keeping.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I'll keep working with you until this is resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

You should just be able to rt click it and click Burn image or similar without 3rd party software.

You need to be sure
    a. it's the right version of Windows (language, 64 or 32 bits)
    b. if you're planning to upgrade now, you're past the official deadline (August 2nd I think it was). (There are some exceptions)

dalchina, Aug 18, 2016
  5. jayv2251 Win User
    Oh, I upgraded in mid May. Was having stability issues. Was like my 5th attempt to upgrade. Turns out all my issues with crashing had to do with using Internet Explorer 11. Since I switched to Edge, haven't crashed once. Oh and I went with the analyze your system suggestion before downloading. I believe it's a 64bit as my laptops. Hell, I just installed VLC 64 bit last night, worked flawlessly!!!

jayv2251, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I have the Windows 10 iso in my download folder, what next? - Similar Threads - iso download folder

2. Copilot is not what I want on my next Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copilot is not what I want on my next Windows 10.: In the future, Copilot will be added to Windows 10 as well.But, I don't want Copilot on my next Windows 10 update.Same with Windows Backup. IT'S UNNECESSARY....
  3. Copilot is not what I want on my next Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot is not what I want on my next Windows 10.: In the future, Copilot will be added to Windows 10 as well.But, I don't want Copilot on my next Windows 10 update.Same with Windows Backup. IT'S UNNECESSARY....
  4. Copilot is not what I want on my next Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 iso download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 iso download: I have been trying for three days to download the window 10 iso file so that I can do a clean install on my laptop and wipe all existing partitions. however, it downloads at the rate of about 1% per hour, and even after leaving it to download overnight it still didn't work it...
  6. Downloading Windows 10 .iso

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloading Windows 10 .iso: Hi, I have one question. I currently own a license for Windows 10 Pro. It is installed on my laptop. Can I use the same license to download the .iso for Windows 10 or do I need to buy a separate license for that? submitted by /u/ztgarfield97 [link] [comments]...
  7. I have downloaded Microsoft Windows ISO File, Now what should I do Next?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have downloaded Microsoft Windows ISO File, Now what should I do Next?: I have downloaded Microsoft Windows ISO File, Now what should I do Next? Is there any way to use it for trial basis. Umesh Khivasra https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-downloaded-microsoft-windows-iso-file-now/62443667-b49b-4442-b3ca-d2ffd47c8c72
  8. Hardware change - could only boot to .iso. What do I do next to reset my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware change - could only boot to .iso. What do I do next to reset my Windows 10?: I had to make a hardware change. My system would not boot. I selected install and keep my files when I was presented with options. Now I want to install or reset Windows 10 and the new drivers. What do I do next?...
  9. I have window 10 education.how do I download to windows with iso

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have window 10 education.how do I download to windows with iso: I have window 10 education in ISO file. How do I download it onto window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-window-10-educationhow-do-i-download-to/40218064-7c57-4c77-822f-07d794641c35
  10. Windows 10 download ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 download ISO: Hi guys, can you provide me with windows 10 download iso files so I can mount them on my usb drive and do some installs hehe Thanks a bunch, M 58970