Windows 10: I have to activate Windows 10 every single day.

Discus and support I have to activate Windows 10 every single day. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; All is legal, my computer has a Win10 digital license, but I am prompted to activate every day. I do it, all works well, until tomorrow. Groundhog Day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kkorotev, Nov 30, 2016.

1. kkorotev Win User

I have to activate Windows 10 every single day.

All is legal, my computer has a Win10 digital license, but I am prompted to activate every day. I do it, all works well, until tomorrow.
    Groundhog Day

Ideas?

Kevin

:)

kkorotev, Nov 30, 2016
  2. Ryuuichi Win User

Windows 10 Home Single Language to Home non Single Language

Current Windows 10 version: Windows 10 Home Single Language

Good day. I'm planing on doing a clean (re)install of Windows 10. I know for a fact that if I reinstall my computer with the same version (in this case, Home Single Language [OEM activated]) I won't have to deal with product key activation as it will be
    automatically activated.

Will it be the same case if I install my computer with a non Single Language version (Windows 10 Home)?

Thanks.

Ryuuichi, Nov 30, 2016
  3. No luck with Cumulative updates

Every since I upgraded to Windows 10 pro I have not been able to install a single cumulative update. It automatically downloads the update, then tries to install it on reboot, fails to install it, reboots again, and then the process is continued every
    single day. Is there any proper solution for this?

cybermails, Nov 30, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Right click on the start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin). In the command prompt window run the command:

slmgr /dlv

Post the result window here. It will not contain any unique ID information so you do not have to block anything out.

NavyLCDR, Nov 30, 2016
  5. kkorotev Win User
    Thanks for responding. Here are a couple captures.
    Kevin

I have to activate Windows 10 every single day. [​IMG]

kkorotev, Nov 30, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    So, next question - how did you get from the Windows 8.1 Home edition which was the original edition to Windows 10 Pro insider preview?

NavyLCDR, Nov 30, 2016
  7. Superfly Win User
    We will have to troubleshoot during the de-activation phase.

See if a diagnostic run during that period will give us better results - the only problem is it runs the Software Licensing service, so chances are you will be re-activated by the time the report is available. See Activation troubleshooting - Windows 10 Forums (remember to mask the keys in the report )

Anyway, how did you upgrade? You have a Win 8 Home OEM licence, yet running Pro...? (... Ninja'd)

Superfly, Nov 30, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Great minds do think alike!

NavyLCDR, Nov 30, 2016
  9. Superfly Win User
    You are quicker tho' .. LOL!

Superfly, Nov 30, 2016
  10. kkorotev Win User
    Oh-HO! Now you challenge my memory, which gets worse every day. I might have something to do with a computer purchase and the acquisition of a used laptop. Let me check my records...

kkorotev, Nov 30, 2016
  11. kkorotev Win User
    Oh-HO! Now you challenge my memory, which gets worse every day. I might have something to do with a computer purchase and the acquisition of a used laptop.
    Here's the info from the laptop. What's it tell you, oh great swammies?

kkorotev, Nov 30, 2016
  12. jpolacko Win User
    I'm confused *Huh. The first screenshots you posted were of Windows 10 Pro and now you posted pics of Windows 10 Home. Anyways it show's activated and can't troubleshoot until it's unactivated.

jpolacko, Nov 30, 2016
  13. Kari Win User

As can clearly be seen from OP's screenshots, these are from two different computers. OP's system specs mention a desktop PC, the first screenshots were as far as I have understood from that machine.

When OP was asked about the screenshots, he / she mentions he / she might be a bit confused due recently getting a desktop and a laptop, and added screenshots from the laptop.

To me at least all seems quite logical although the last screenshots might be unnecessary.

14. Superfly Win User
    Hmmm....Yup!

Superfly, Nov 30, 2016
  15. jpolacko Win User
    Sorry I was alittle slow on reading the op and thought it was the same computer. My bad. *Nerd

jpolacko, Dec 1, 2016
Thema:

1. I have to activate Windows 10 every single day. - Similar Threads - activate every single

2. My windows is getting updated every single day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows is getting updated every single day.: My windows is getting updated every single day. And also it is taking a long to update as well as restart .what will be the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-is-getting-updated-every-single-day/87d3c692-cd46-41c1-a2d6-876cd52bee93
  3. My windows is getting updated every single day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows is getting updated every single day.: My windows is getting updated every single day. And also it is taking a long to update as well as restart .what will be the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-is-getting-updated-every-single-day/87d3c692-cd46-41c1-a2d6-876cd52bee93
  4. My windows is getting updated every single day.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset.: Every single day sometimes twice a day, my windows power and sleep settings reset. I never want my screen or computer to sleep or turn off on its own. Yet it keeps resetting to after 15 minutes turn screen off.I have altered power power plan settings, I have created new power...
  6. Bsods and Blackscreen EVERY SINGLE DAY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsods and Blackscreen EVERY SINGLE DAY: i NEED HELP IM LOSING MY MINDdumpshttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-83VhEQxi4W9lpDX0jle8cfuO7lU6FT9?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsods-and-blackscreen-every-single-day/85204fda-60f3-4e71-a307-afaea19010d0
  7. Every day i have to use ipconfig

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Every day i have to use ipconfig: On my ASUS Laptop, Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, Antivirus Defender, I have to use every day ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew andrestart PC to connect to WIFI, doesn't matter on which WIFI I try. Tested onmany routers. On every network there were always many other PCs, only my has...
  8. I am forced to "Troubleshoot" Windows 10 Pro Activation every single day

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am forced to "Troubleshoot" Windows 10 Pro Activation every single day: Almost identically to this thread from a month ago, basically ever single day around the same time, I get the little overlay in the bottom-right corner telling me I need to activate Windows. And every single time, I have to go here and hit Troubleshoot. It's successful every...
  9. windows 10 asks for activation again and again every day

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 asks for activation again and again every day: Hi After 6 months without any problem, my windows 10 pro asks every day for activation. I activate but next day demands reactivate and every day the same. I purchased from a retailer. What is about? Thank you...
  10. I have to activate windows every day but not really

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have to activate windows every day but not really: Every single day, at a random time I get the actiavate windows On the bottom of my screen, to get rid of it, i just click troubleshoot and close it, then it says activated with a digital license, until the next day where i have to do the whole process all over again, today it...