Windows 10: I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files

Discus and support I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files. Can I disable the refresh and enable it happing automatically?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Clooooud, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Clooooud Win User

I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files

I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files.

Can I disable the refresh and enable it happing automatically?

:)

Clooooud, Aug 22, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Try3 Win User
    Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

4. I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files

Bruce Hagen, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files

1. I have to refresh my desktop every time to see the new added files - Similar Threads - refresh desktop every

2. Screen refreshes or freezes every time I right click on desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen refreshes or freezes every time I right click on desktop.: Right clicking on icons work fine. However, when I try to right click on the desktop, one of two things happen:1. Screen refreshes.2. PC becomes irresponsive.In both cases, opening task manager and restarting explorer.exe fixes the issue. System Restore is not an option as I...
  3. Screen refreshes or freezes every time I right click on desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen refreshes or freezes every time I right click on desktop.: Right clicking on icons work fine. However, when I try to right click on the desktop, one of two things happen:1. Screen refreshes.2. PC becomes irresponsive.In both cases, opening task manager and restarting explorer.exe fixes the issue. System Restore is not an option as I...
  4. Screen refreshes or freezes every time I right click on desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Every time I download a file onto my desktop, I have to manually refresh in order to see...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I download a file onto my desktop, I have to manually refresh in order to see...: I noticed this issue occur a few months ago. I have followed the instructions on other users' posts regarding this issue and nothing has helped. I created another user account on my pc and while that worked, I want this to work on my OWN user account, not a different one. I...
  6. Every time I download a file onto my desktop, I have to manually refresh in order to see...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I download a file onto my desktop, I have to manually refresh in order to see...: I noticed this issue occur a few months ago. I have followed the instructions on other users' posts regarding this issue and nothing has helped. I created another user account on my pc and while that worked, I want this to work on my OWN user account, not a different one. I...
  7. Desktop Icons Refreshing every time I connect to mt WI-FI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons Refreshing every time I connect to mt WI-FI: Using the latest updated windows 10, I have been having a problem with desktop icons refreshing everytime I connect with my WI_FI. I have ttried SFC and DISM several times, have deleted the Icon cache, and once restarting my computer, only the first time I sign in on my...
  8. Desktop Icons Refreshing every time I connect to mt WI-FI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Refreshing every time I connect to mt WI-FI: Using the latest updated windows 10, I have been having a problem with desktop icons refreshing everytime I connect with my WI_FI. I have ttried SFC and DISM several times, have deleted the Icon cache, and once restarting my computer, only the first time I sign in on my...
  9. "This PC" icon moving every time desktop is refreshed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This PC" icon moving every time desktop is refreshed.: I don't know if this can be traced back to a recent Windows 10 system update, but the "This PC" desktop icon keeps moving to the bottom-right-most position of the left-hand stack of desktop icons. ie: If I put another icon there, it will move either underneath that icon or...
  10. I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have to refresh folder to see changed/new files/folders: For example, if I use File Explorer and create a folder in the C:\ directory, i wont be able to see it or edit the name without clicking f5 or refreshing the directory. This becomes annoying as if if i extract a file/folder or rename a folder, I wont see the change without...