Windows 10: I have Win 7 on my PC and Turn Off All Updates, never Upgrade Win 10

Discus and support I have Win 7 on my PC and Turn Off All Updates, never Upgrade Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I need your help, I have Win 7 PC and I turn Off Windows Updates, so it never Upgrade to Windows 10 at all before. Now I decided to Install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tester2, May 15, 2018.

1. tester2 Win User

I have Win 7 on my PC and Turn Off All Updates, never Upgrade Win 10

Hi guys, I need your help, I have Win 7 PC and I turn Off Windows Updates, so it never Upgrade to Windows 10 at all before.

Now I decided to Install Window 10 on this Win 7 PC, so if I Install Win 10 on this PC can I get Free of cost Windows 10 Genuine and activated Life Long or not.

Please let me know, because I already have Win 10 Disc with out Activation Key is this Disc get my Windows 10 Activated by Microsoft or not.

Please let me know.

Hopefully waiting for your reply.

Thanks

:)

tester2, May 15, 2018

2. Win 10 turns off PC automatically

I just installed Windows 10 and have found that when I let it sits for several hours (over night or while I'm at work) I come back to find it has mysteriously turned itself off. I have the power settings to never sleep or hibernate while plugged in. I
    "upgraded" from Win 7 Pro and never experienced this problem prior to the Win 10 install. Any ideas as to what setting I need to change to keep the system running? BTW, I'm testing Win 10 on my home PC before I upgrade my work PC that also operates the DVR
    security cameras.... I can't afford to have the security system shut itself off at night!

Ramjet97503, May 16, 2018
  3. Bryan H_ Win User
    upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

Two questions regarding upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10.

1) The Win 10 update has already been downloaded to my PC and is ready to install. My question is can I create a DVD that contains the Win 10 update? If I have to back-out of Win 10, I don't want to wait for the update to download again (my internet access
    is DSL and of course it took forever for the Win 10 update to d/l).

2) Is an internet connection required during the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10? I was thinking of disabling anti-virus while the update is going and I would turn off the network so I am not exposed while anti-virus is not running. My anti-virus is Avast.

Thanks for your input.

Bryan H_, May 16, 2018
Thema:

I have Win 7 on my PC and Turn Off All Updates, never Upgrade Win 10

1. I have Win 7 on my PC and Turn Off All Updates, never Upgrade Win 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Updates

2. Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade: I have a really nice laptop that rarely get used that has Win 7 on it but it's becoming outdated and lost Microsoft support. It's a shame the Win 7 has reached it's end of life. Laptop works great. It MORE than has the capacity to run Win 10 Processor, Storage, Cache etc.....
  3. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: I was given a Win 7 laptop recently. I am trying to figure out how to upgrade it to 10? Any ideas how I go about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-win-7-to-win-10/cf7cfb0e-47d5-4031-a29f-468e37e00817
  4. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  5. Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade

Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade: So I'm biting the bullet and finally upgrading to Win10 from Win7 (upgrading my computer from Win7 hardware to Win10). However I don't have a Win10 key directly, but I do hear you can upgrade from Win7 to 10 for free still. How would this work in my case? Would I install...
  6. upgrade win 7 pc to win 10

upgrade win 7 pc to win 10: hey.this is my desctop pc for my work place.i want to upgrade win 7 to win 10.i use import software about my work place.if i upgrade with windows update assistant my software maybe removed/?//?...
  7. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  8. I have Win 7 on my PC and Turn Off All Updates -> Upgrade Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have Win 7 on my PC and Turn Off All Updates -> Upgrade Win 10: Hi guys, I need your help, I have Win 7 PC and I turn Off Windows Updates, so it never Upgrade to Windows 10 at all before. Now I decided to Install Window 10 on this Win 7 PC, so if I Install Win 10 on this PC can I get Free of cost Windows 10 Genuine and activated Life...
  9. upgrade win.7 to win 10

upgrade win.7 to win 10: I have 2 win 7 home that I upgraded to win 10 in my house they are fine But I have a win.7 home 32 bit in my shop out back i decided 2 days ago to upgrade it to windows 10 with media creation tool everything is working fine but I still don't have ver 1511 10586.36 I am...
  10. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: My Gateway laptop has Win7 Sp1 64bit installed. I've tried 5 different times to upgrade to 10. Using the 64bit creative tool the download goes great, completes and the install starts, then says "failed in first boot phase with an error during SYSPREP operation." Also shows...