Windows 10: I have Win10 from upgrade, must reformat PC. How do I get Win10 again?

Discus and support I have Win10 from upgrade, must reformat PC. How do I get Win10 again? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I received the free win 10 upgrade from an invitation to reserve the upgrade. The other day, a Ransomware hit me, and though I believe I may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by apollosfyre, Dec 1, 2015.

1. I have Win10 from upgrade, must reformat PC. How do I get Win10 again?

Hello,

I received the free win 10 upgrade from an invitation to reserve the upgrade. The other day, a Ransomware hit me, and though I believe I may have immediately tracked & deleted all affected files I could find, I hardly believe I could be so skilled as to be successful.

I had this happen last year, and ended up formatting the unit, and reloading Win 7. I don't want to have to go back to 7, but how do I get another Win 10? Is there a key I need to find & save? A free site that I can get a copy on a flash drive to load from? Any help would be appreciated. I have no clue how to proceed since it's an online download, and once formatted, the unit won't be able to get online without the OS

Thanks

:)

apollosfyre, Dec 1, 2015
  2. Eureka!!! Win User

Win10 re-update after clean install of Win7

I upgraded to Win10 during the free upgrade year. Recently though, I was having HD performance issues that a Win10 reset didn't fix so I reformatted my HD and reinstalled Win7 Pro from the disc that came with my PC. Now it's well past the free upgrade
    period, but this computer is already a registered Win10 device. How do I get the Win10 installation back again?

Eureka!!!, Dec 1, 2015
  3. tprb Win User
    Reinstalling Win10 after Upgrade

So assuming all goes well and I get to upgrade my Win7 Ultimate to Win10 Pro --

What if my PC crashes, or I need to reformat my computer and reinstall the Win10 OS, how do I do that without a physical DVD installation disc?

Can we make an ISO from the installed (upgraded) Win10 and keep it safe for future use?

If not, how can I get my computer up and running again? Will I have to install Win7 first then upgrade again?

tprb, Dec 1, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

I have Win10 from upgrade, must reformat PC. How do I get Win10 again?

you can download the newest build of windows 10 > http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

boot from the setup media - remove every partition (wipe) the HDD

and clean install widows 10

since you already had win7 and windows 10 on that PC - if asked for product key - just skip that screen

Kyhi, Dec 1, 2015
  5. Thanks Kyhi, you rock!

apollosfyre, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I have Win10 from upgrade, must reformat PC. How do I get Win10 again?

1. I have Win10 from upgrade, must reformat PC. How do I get Win10 again? - Similar Threads - Win10 upgrade must

2. How do I upgrade Win7 to Win10/11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I upgrade Win7 to Win10/11: I tried doing this using a bootable flashdrive from 2016. I then downloading the latest updgrade and tried to create a bootable flashdrive. Both attempts failed and yeah, I know free upgrades were terminated in 2016 or thereabouts. So, how can I upgrade?...
  3. How do I upgrade Win7 to Win10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade Win7 to Win10/11: I tried doing this using a bootable flashdrive from 2016. I then downloading the latest updgrade and tried to create a bootable flashdrive. Both attempts failed and yeah, I know free upgrades were terminated in 2016 or thereabouts. So, how can I upgrade?...
  4. I have windows8 for my PC. Can I still upgrade to win10? And how to do that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have windows8 for my PC. Can I still upgrade to win10? And how to do that?: I have windows8 for my PC. Can I still upgrade to win10? And how to do that? Is it free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows8-for-my-pc-can-i-still-upgrade-to/a268c0ac-63b7-4780-8e92-2838ddafa3b7
  5. I have windows8 for my PC. Can I still upgrade to win10? And how to do that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have windows8 for my PC. Can I still upgrade to win10? And how to do that?: I have windows8 for my PC. Can I still upgrade to win10? And how to do that? Is it free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows8-for-my-pc-can-i-still-upgrade-to/a268c0ac-63b7-4780-8e92-2838ddafa3b7
  6. I have win10..

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have win10..: In task mgr. startup option i have a word "program"...i have disable it and need help in deleting and removing it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-win10/a21f15a6-eb31-4f64-8e91-1b52c55837d0
  7. I have win10..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have win10..: In task mgr. startup option i have a word "program"...i have disable it and need help in deleting and removing it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-win10/a21f15a6-eb31-4f64-8e91-1b52c55837d0
  8. Moving from laptop to PC, will I have to buy Win10 again?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving from laptop to PC, will I have to buy Win10 again?: I bought an ASUS ROG Zephyrus a while back, and I am now planning to get a new gaming desktop at some point maybe soon. The laptop came with Windows 10 installed, and I'm worried that I'll have to spend an extra 150$ just to get a license to have Windows 10 on the new...
  9. Reformat upgraded win10 laptop

Reformat upgraded win10 laptop: Good day! I have a laptop that started with Windows 8. Then I upgraded to 8.1 then to 10 after the update was offered. However, I hate the bloatware included with the laptop for it takes quite some time for the laptop to be fully functional (normal Asus bloatware + VPN +...
  10. Win10 free upgrade after reformatting

Win10 free upgrade after reformatting: EDIT: For future reference, when resetting (reformat) your windows 10 PC, you won't need to reinstall your OS. I'm not sure if its the same thing for when you completely wipe your PC though. [How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC] We've only bought the Win8 disk and got the Win...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgraded computer how to get windows 10 again