Windows 10: I havent updated my windows since many days and now it wont update

Discus and support I havent updated my windows since many days and now it wont update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I searched this sites Q/A faq and many places online, but didnt find a solution. The current updates going on in my windows 10, are: 2017-06... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SubhamBurnwal, Aug 15, 2018.

1. I havent updated my windows since many days and now it wont update

I searched this sites Q/A faq and many places online, but didnt find a solution.

The current updates going on in my windows 10, are:

• 2017-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1507 for x64-based Systems (KB4022727).
    • Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB4033631).
    • Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB4021701).
    • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803.
    • Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - July 2018 (KB890830).

It was taking a lot of time to download on low internet speeds and getting cancelled due it, so I tried installing the updates using stand-alone installers on your site. I started this with KB4022727.

But KB4033631 and KB4021701 are not provided. I havent updated my windows since many days and now it wont update :(

:)

SubhamBurnwal, Aug 15, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Windows wants to update my Intel graphics.

I havent seen this on any Intel hd system i have had.

Is it suggesting any other updates ?

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Aug 15, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

I havent updated my windows since many days and now it wont update

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

I havent updated my windows since many days and now it wont update

1. I havent updated my windows since many days and now it wont update - Similar Threads - havent updated since

2. I HAVENT GOT WINDOWS UPDATES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I HAVENT GOT WINDOWS UPDATES: WHEN I FIRST INSTALLED WINDOWS 11 I STILL DIDNT GET ANY NEW CUMMULATIVE OPTIONAL OR DRIVER UPDATES WHEN I CLICK THE CHECK FOR UPDATES BUTTON IT CHECKS BUT SAYS IM UP TO DATE MY BUILD NUMBER IS 22000.194 I INSTALLED THE STABLE VERSION 3 MONTHS AGO IN OCTORBER 5THPLS GIVE ME A...
  3. I HAVENT GOT WINDOWS UPDATES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I HAVENT GOT WINDOWS UPDATES: WHEN I FIRST INSTALLED WINDOWS 11 I STILL DIDNT GET ANY NEW CUMMULATIVE OPTIONAL OR DRIVER UPDATES WHEN I CLICK THE CHECK FOR UPDATES BUTTON IT CHECKS BUT SAYS IM UP TO DATE MY BUILD NUMBER IS 22000.194 I INSTALLED THE STABLE VERSION 3 MONTHS AGO IN OCTORBER 5THPLS GIVE ME A...
  4. windows update now computer wont start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update now computer wont start: Ok, was updating last night to the latest windows 10 version H0 or something like that .anyway checked it at 9.30 and it was "updating 6%" so I left it running , came to it this morning and it wont even switch on well about 5 seconds then switches off no logo or anything I...
  5. Updated windows ten and now it wont work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated windows ten and now it wont work?: So I was turning of my pc and when doing so I clicked the update and restart button after doing so when I restard my windows 10 when being insainlly slow, usually it boots up fast but its taking so long now, and when i get in, I cant open up any of the windows apps, like the...
  6. cortana wont open since last windows update

in Cortana
    cortana wont open since last windows update: since last update cortana does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-since-last-windows-update/e6bcdf4f-6ff0-4644-b013-4b153a57eb4c
  7. I updated my windows 10 on PC but now it wont boot.

I updated my windows 10 on PC but now it wont boot.: After I updated my window 10 my PC wont boot any more. It keep saying "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" but when I check my bios the devices is still there. So I was wondering if it possible to repair the operating system from a usb boot device and save the files on my...
  8. My Local Administrator Account wont work since updates

My Local Administrator Account wont work since updates: Hi all, Since the latest Windows updates I cannot sign in with my "Local Administrator Account" "the username or password incorrect" message appears. The password is 100% correct and the Administrator account is active as Ive checked via CMD prompt. This happened before...
  9. I havent used my surface book in a few days, and now the keyboard light up, but the screen...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I havent used my surface book in a few days, and now the keyboard light up, but the screen...: I detached the screen for a less than half hour to show something to my spouse and put it back; now when I came to use it again, the only thing that lights up is the keyboard, but nothing happens with the screen, it is dead. What can I do? thank you!...
  10. Many BSOD since Creator update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many BSOD since Creator update?: Dear all, Since Creator update I have many BSOD. Not sure to what action it is linked. Can somebody help (see file) please? TY in advance. Attachment 147994 90897