Windows 10: I installed Win10 on an HP Stream and it keeps telling me to activate

Discus and support I installed Win10 on an HP Stream and it keeps telling me to activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I installed Windows 10 on an almost new HP Stream and I get an "Activate Windows" notification every time the PC starts. When I go to active it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by markmayhew, Jul 25, 2015.

1. I installed Win10 on an HP Stream and it keeps telling me to activate

Hi, I installed Windows 10 on an almost new HP Stream and I get an "Activate Windows" notification every time the PC starts.
    When I go to active it, it tells me my Product Key isn't valid.
    Help!

:)

markmayhew, Jul 25, 2015

2. HP printer keeps telling me it is offline.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I suggest that you refer the following help article by HP support and try the steps provided to fix this issue.

HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 25, 2015
  3. MM1953 Win User
    HP printer keeps telling me it is offline.

I have an HPEnvy 5530 printer. It will print if I save a document but otherwise it says it is offline. It is wireless.

MM1953, Jul 25, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

I installed Win10 on an HP Stream and it keeps telling me to activate

It may not activate until 29th. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

swarfega, Jul 25, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Hey Mark, Welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Did you become an Insider and sign in with an MS Account?

Edwin, Jul 25, 2015
  6. I think so, I've been an Insider since February, and I have to sign in (at the Lock Screen) with my Outlook acct.

markmayhew, Jul 25, 2015
  7. I've installed Win10 on several other computers with no problems, just the HP Stream.

markmayhew, Jul 25, 2015
  8. delah Win User

Same here, have done 4 devices all perfect except HP Steam 7.
    The first upgrade - no activation couldn't connect it said so I rest back to win8.1
    Second upgrade - activated, however then clean install says product key blocked.

delah, Jul 25, 2015
  9. delah Win User
    Maybe this is what's wrong,
    Clean install was with the RTM OEM retail ISO but stream uses Windows with Bing.
    I guess Win with Bing users should wait till upgrade is pushed by MS

See here to revert to Win8.1 Bing especially if you have no recovery options
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows...4968314/page/1

delah, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I installed Win10 on an HP Stream and it keeps telling me to activate - Similar Threads - installed Win10 Stream

2. Windows Update keeps telling me to install updates that are already installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update keeps telling me to install updates that are already installed.: Hello,I recently got a new computer, and it installed all updates normally. Now, for some reason, it keeps showing 18 driver updates that on install give error 0x80070103.I searched and found out this means the update is already installed. I go check installed updates and all...
  3. Hp stream 14 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp stream 14 keeps crashing: My HP stream just crashed after i put it in sleep mode, after the screen became black the next day and took me to choose an option. I tried reseting my laptop but this kept happeningpicture shown. I dont know what to do, I've tried doing the command promt and its not working,...
  4. hp stream

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hp stream: how do I connect a hdmi dvd/cd player, I have plugged in with hdmi cable, downloaded the free trial dvd app played a dvd but nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-stream/29b2237d-c3fc-4f97-9784-a9bf77dfda0a
  5. Win10 update. It keeps telling me to delete VMware workstation but I cannot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update. It keeps telling me to delete VMware workstation but I cannot.: II have been using VMware since the arrival of Windows 7 and I need it for my research. Windows 10 update cannot complete installation and tells me to delete Vmare but I cannot. Updates should not cause problems with existing well known systems! What can I do?...
  6. I'm trying to reset my hp stream to factory settings and it is telling me (additional free...

I'm trying to reset my hp stream to factory settings and it is telling me (additional free...: I'm trying to reset my hp stream laptop back to factory settings and it's telling me I need (additional free space is needed) I have tried just about everything...
  7. Hp Stream

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp Stream: I recently bought a HP Stream laptop, It has Microsoft edge as the web browser but I been trying to set the browser as Google but it wont download and keeps taking me to Bing. Also when i try to open certain pages my internet cuts off....
  8. Installing Windows Wiped HP Stream

Installing Windows Wiped HP Stream: I got an HP Stream from my friend to fix. It had wiped all the drives except bios(obviously) But I tried to get windows 10 home to install using media creation tool. It won't install. I get error 0x80300002. I think the problem is that it isn't a windows 10 OS in S mode. Like...
  9. hp stream

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hp stream: I bought a hp stream and reset it because I thought it would give me hard drive space ,well its asking me for a product key. its telling me that my license will expire jan 4 2019 go to settings . I went to settings it says my pc is activated usin organization activation...
  10. HP Stream & Win10

HP Stream & Win10: The 32Gb memory on the HP Stream is not big enough to accommodate all the Win10 updates. How can I reduce the size of Win10 to say 20Gb? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/hp-stream-win10/4554dcb0-32e9-4e21-ab69-751256e0ece6