Windows 10: I just got My Passport WD and my computer keeps telling me it’s blocked for my protection

Discus and support I just got My Passport WD and my computer keeps telling me it’s blocked for my protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It says the Administrator has blocked it and wont let me say that i am the administrator and that its ok for it to install. Ive tried looking it up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AmandaFisher2, Jul 28, 2018.

1. I just got My Passport WD and my computer keeps telling me it’s blocked for my protection

It says the Administrator has blocked it and wont let me say that i am the administrator and that its ok for it to install. Ive tried looking it up online but everything it tells me to do, i am unable to

:)

AmandaFisher2, Jul 28, 2018

2. A driver for WD passport compatible with windows 10

Hi Donna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try installing the WD passport driver in compatibility mode and check if this helps. I suggest you to install the drivers supplied by the manufacturer any disc or USB which came along with the WD passport drive.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    You can also visit the below link and try updating the driver and check.

Storing The Worlds Data | Western Digital (WD)

If the issue still persist, I recommend you to contact WD passport team for further assistance.

WD Support

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 28, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    WD Announces My Passport Ultra

WD, a Western Digital company, today announced the availability of the My Passport Ultra line of portable hard drives, which combine additional layers of data protection with super-fast USB 3.0 connectivity, a slim, compact design and four color choices to offer mobile consumers the safest and easiest way to protect their digital content while traveling. Available in 500 GB, 1 TB and new 2 TB capacities, My Passport Ultra portable hard drives have built-in WD SmartWare Pro backup software with Dropbox integration, hardware encryption and password protection to safeguard against unauthorized drive access. A protective pouch is included with the My Passport Ultra to help shield it from the daily knocks encountered by today's mobile consumer.

I just got My Passport WD and my computer keeps telling me it’s blocked for my protection 101a_thm.jpg

"WD's My Passport Ultra combines USB 3.0, a range of colors and capacities and the best software and hardware functions currently found in our line of My Passport portable storage drives to create the ultimate portable digital safe for today's active consumer," explained Jim Welsh , executive vice president and general manager of WD's branded products and consumer electronics groups. "Adding WD SmartWare Pro technology with auto backup and password protection to one of the industry's fastest interfaces and largest capacity drives gives consumers the convenience and peace of mind to enjoy, share, and protect their personal digital content everywhere they go."

Pricing and Availability
    My Passport Ultra portable hard drives are protected by a 3-year limited warranty and are available from the WD store at wdstore.com and at select retailers and distributors. My Passport Ultra 500 GB has a Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $99.99 USD, and the My Passport Ultra 1 TB is $129.99.

btarunr, Jul 28, 2018
  4. BillOrrTX Win User

I just got My Passport WD and my computer keeps telling me it’s blocked for my protection

WD Passport

How can I open a WD My Passport to view my files

BillOrrTX, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

I just got My Passport WD and my computer keeps telling me it’s blocked for my protection

1. I just got My Passport WD and my computer keeps telling me it’s blocked for my protection - Similar Threads - got Passport computer

2. my WD Passport stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my WD Passport stopped working: my WD Passport is plugged into my windows 11 computer. Somewhere I found out that it is installed, but I do not think it is working properly. First, it does not show up in my files. When I finally clicked enough times to finally get to my files, I discovered there are no new...
  3. my WD Passport stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my WD Passport stopped working: my WD Passport is plugged into my windows 11 computer. Somewhere I found out that it is installed, but I do not think it is working properly. First, it does not show up in my files. When I finally clicked enough times to finally get to my files, I discovered there are no new...
  4. My computer keeps telling me my password is incorrect.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer keeps telling me my password is incorrect.: So I’m having this issue with entering my pin the whole your PIN is not available thing and trying to do any of the troubleshooting actions results in me being asked for my Microsoft password. However, every time i enter my password, I keep getting a password incorrect...
  5. My computer keeps telling me my password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps telling me my password is incorrect.: So I’m having this issue with entering my pin the whole your PIN is not available thing and trying to do any of the troubleshooting actions results in me being asked for my Microsoft password. However, every time i enter my password, I keep getting a password incorrect...
  6. WD-My Passport 2 TB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD-My Passport 2 TB: Hi: My WD My Passport USB hard drive shows as "currently in use", with a continuously flashing LED. This starts up randomly. I am unable to eject this USB device, and only way that I am able to stop it is to restart Windows. Is this a sign of its age? It is nearing Full;...
  7. WD my passport ultra drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD my passport ultra drive: How do I go about reallocating space on my WD passport ultra drive? I have deleted a bunch of backups that I don't need any longer but it seems that the space on the drive is still allocating space to the deleted backups. I have a couple of backups that I don't want to...
  8. WD My Passport

WD My Passport: Hi. I have just purchased a Microsoft Laptop which unfortunately won't read my WD My Passport. does anyone have a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-passport/b3cf90e5-c78b-4104-a67e-e25c5faea50a
  9. WD My Passport Ultra There but not there

WD My Passport Ultra There but not there: I have a 1TB WD My Passport Ultra and it was working fine. I accessed a picture from it to send out in in an email and afterwards shut down my laptop. HP Envy, Win 10 bla bla bla Later that day I booted up my laptop and the passport didn't show up in the file manager. It...
  10. WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup

WD My Passport Ultra - Not working for backup: My windows 10 computer is recognizing this device for saving/opening files but will not recognize it as a device for backup. I am also unable to open the WD Backup app to run scheduled backups through that; I have used this device and app on this windows 10 computer but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my passport wd installation blocked

2. i got a new laptop now what do i do with mypassport wd