Windows 10: I keep being told to delete a profile but I only have 2 on the system.

Discus and support I keep being told to delete a profile but I only have 2 on the system. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Trying to go back to Win 7 I am told I have to delete the profile made after downloading Win 10. Does this mean the Administrator account I use or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FrancisCR, Mar 8, 2016.

1. FrancisCR Win User

I keep being told to delete a profile but I only have 2 on the system.

Trying to go back to Win 7
    I am told I have to delete the profile made after downloading Win 10.
    Does this mean the Administrator account I use or the hidden Administrator account made by Win 10.
    No where in the instructions on how to roll back is there a requirement to log in as hidden admin and delete the normal account to start the roll back.

:)

FrancisCR, Mar 8, 2016

2. Am a Windows 10 insider. Being told I have to upgrade or my system with shut down

Did you Upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10? Did it at any time activate?

Go to Settings>System>About to confirm you have Version 1511. If so then you might be able to insert the Windows 8 Product Key at the link there to activate. More about this direct activation feature set to expire July 29th in the Version 1511 FAQ at

Activation in Windows 10

If not then it may be too late to activate that Insider build, so I'd do a
    Clean Install Windows 10
    skipping the Product Key during install then following the steps in the link to activate after install with the WIndows 8 Product Key. Do this before July 29th.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 8, 2016
  3. ClarkmK Win User
    Am a Windows 10 insider. Being told I have to upgrade or my system with shut down

I purchased a copy of Windows 8 Pro on a disk when it first came out. I upgraded to 8.1 via windows update when it was offered. I joined Windows 10 insider preview. I assume My windows 8.0 product key will work....?

ClarkmK, Mar 8, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Did you change your user account from Local to a Microsoft account login?

NavyLCDR, Mar 8, 2016
  5. FrancisCR Win User
    No, my one is a local admin.

FrancisCR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I keep being told to delete a profile but I only have 2 on the system. - Similar Threads - keep being told

2. I'm being told I do not have secure boot on when I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm being told I do not have secure boot on when I do.: I've checked the settings multiple times in Bios and every time it says that it's been set to UEFI mode when on boot. Any fixes for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-being-told-i-do-not-have-secure-boot-on-when-i/91239939-0acf-4965-847b-d7de08ea9cae
  3. I'm being told I do not have secure boot on when I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm being told I do not have secure boot on when I do.: I've checked the settings multiple times in Bios and every time it says that it's been set to UEFI mode when on boot. Any fixes for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-being-told-i-do-not-have-secure-boot-on-when-i/91239939-0acf-4965-847b-d7de08ea9cae
  4. Why do I have 2 places for backup, I deleted all backups I have then made it only in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have 2 places for backup, I deleted all backups I have then made it only in...: And again in F: the drive that I chose to back up to it, now there's a folder called "FileHistory" that is huge in size, and there's again this folder with a special icon among the folders in F: that its name is like my computer's name SamDesktop2019 and its size is 0 kb, am...
  5. Why do I have 2 places for backup, I deleted all backups I have then made it only in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have 2 places for backup, I deleted all backups I have then made it only in...: And again in F: the drive that I chose to back up to it, now there's a folder called "FileHistory" that is huge in size, and there's again this folder with a special icon among the folders in F: that its name is like my computer's name SamDesktop2019 and its size is 0 kb, am...
  6. Why do I have 2 places for backup, I deleted all backups I have then made it only in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Should I have 2 profiles here

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I have 2 profiles here: I ask because my network changes from Private to Public. Happens on 3 computers running WiFi. I have no internet when this happens. All Win 10 2004 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles\ On a brand new Intel NUC within 20...
  8. I have a file that keeps being deleted by windows

I have a file that keeps being deleted by windows: what do i do this is getting annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-file-that-keeps-being-deleted-by-windows/f720af81-31ff-4603-a821-677146aef1b7
  9. I have deleted 2 users that no longer use this computer but their profiles are still...

I have deleted 2 users that no longer use this computer but their profiles are still...: I have deleted 2 users that no longer use this computer but their profiles are still showing still taking up storage, how do I resolve this please? Thanks...
  10. Keep on being told I can't sign into my MS Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keep on being told I can't sign into my MS Account: It thien tells me "This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account, then signing back in. If you don't sign out now, any files that you create or changes that you make will be lost." I have signed out 6 or 7 times, but I always get the same message. I've also...