Windows 10: I keep disconnecting from the internet for no reason

Discus and support I keep disconnecting from the internet for no reason in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I will be using Chrome and an asterisks will appear over the wifi bars at the bottom right of the screen. I then have to clcik the bars, select my wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 145145, Sep 26, 2017.

1. 145145 Win User

I keep disconnecting from the internet for no reason

I will be using Chrome and an asterisks will appear over the wifi bars at the bottom right of the screen. I then have to clcik the bars, select my wifi and then wait for it to reconnect. I hace to do this about every 30 seconds. I have tried unchecking the box that says "allow the computer to turn this device off to save power" but this hasn't helped.

Thanks for reading.

:)

145145, Sep 26, 2017

2. My computer keeps on disconnecting from the internet at random times

My computer keeps on disconnecting from the internet for some weird reason. I have checked the internet router and it seems to not be broken so I went over my other devices and they seem to connect fine but my windows computer keeps on disconnecting. Got
    any solutions?

Thx Oska

OskaBaudet-Cook, Sep 26, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    My computer keeps disconnecting from the internet for no appreant reason!

To properly get answers to your post you should include some minimum information.

1. Device type. ie PC, Laptop, Tablet, Surface. Make

2. OS type, Home, Pro, Enterprise, etc

3. Current build. Go Settings, System. About. OS build XXXXXX.XXXX

lacrumb, Sep 26, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Asterisks do not appear on the network Icon in the task area. If you are dropping a wifi connection then the signal is too weak. It is like trying to tune into a radio station and a stronger one can cause it to start cutting in and out.

The turn this device off to save power is for battery and needs to stay checked.

bro67, Sep 26, 2017
  5. 145145 Win User
    I don't think that I'm dropping the connection, as I'm able to reconnect instantly, I just have to do it manually. I have checked "connect automatically" but it hasn't changed anything.

Also, I just put my laptop on charge, I'll see if that helps.

145145, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I keep disconnecting from the internet for no reason - Similar Threads - keep disconnecting internet

2. Internet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps disconnecting: Hello, my computer internet keeps disconnecting from the WiFi. I have to restart the computer to fix this issue. Day by day it's getting worse. I wonder anyone please help me out? I have a Hp laptop, Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎5/‎15/‎2023OS build...
  3. Laptop keeps disconnecting from Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps disconnecting from Internet: My hp laptop keeps connecting and disconnecting from my home internet. I use my laptop at school and it never disconnects but when i am home it keeps disconnecting. I have tried restarting my adapter, i have Uninstalled the old one and installed a newer version but it is...
  4. Laptop keeps disconnecting from Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps disconnecting from Internet: My hp laptop keeps connecting and disconnecting from my home internet. I use my laptop at school and it never disconnects but when i am home it keeps disconnecting. I have tried restarting my adapter, i have Uninstalled the old one and installed a newer version but it is...
  5. Internet keeps on disconnecting

Internet keeps on disconnecting: In my house I have internet and use my computer but when I connect to it, it works but keeps on disconnecting in 1 minute later. I tried troubleshooting but it says nothing is wrong. After when I am on a mobile device the internet works fine with 4 bars when my computer has 2...
  6. Internet keeps disconnecting for no reason at all

Internet keeps disconnecting for no reason at all: Hello, With the purchase of a new computer, I seem to always disconnect from my internet. When I'm trying to reconnect, it says "Unable to connect to this network." I have tried multiple steps and guides on Youtube, even to the point where I factory reset my computer twice...
  7. windows keep disconnecting from internet

windows keep disconnecting from internet: i keep having my computer disconnecting i tired of constant fixing it interrupting my work because windows cannot get their **** together make it connect stay connected. i never have this issue with my phone or tablet or other devices its clearly windows tried everything to...
  8. Internet keeps disconnecting

Internet keeps disconnecting: Hi! Recently I have been having a problem with my internet wifi disconnecting on my desktop for a few seconds or even minutes randomly. I have made no recent hardware changes. I was running Windows 7 when the issue started about 2-3 weeks back, but upgraded to Windows 10....
  9. Internet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet keeps disconnecting: Hi, first time ever on this sub so not sure if this is the correct place to mention my problems but will really appreciate any help because my issue is really annoying. Anyways, my internet on my laptop keeps disconnecting for like 2-3 mins every so often (not a specific...
  10. Internet disconnecting for no reason.

Internet disconnecting for no reason.: So for the past 3 days my internet on my pc has been disconnecting constantly for no reason. The wifi is only disconnecting on my pc and none of my other devices. I have tried to look up to see if anyone else has been having this problem or if there is a way to fix it but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep disconnecting from network for no reason