Windows 10: i keep getting black screen

Discus and support i keep getting black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; the last two times I have been getting a black screen it says to close other programs but I cant do it any ideas? 24339 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danderson400, Sep 27, 2015.

1. i keep getting black screen

the last two times I have been getting a black screen it says to close other programs but I cant do it any ideas?

:)

danderson400, Sep 27, 2015

2. screen display problem

I can't cut call because the screen gets black when I call anyone.how I keep in screen during calling...I can't cut call because the screen gets black when I call anyone.how I keep in screen during calling...I can't cut call because the screen gets black
    when I call anyone.how I keep in screen during calling...

SalmaUmme Sweeti, Sep 27, 2015
  3. Windows 10: 100% disk utilization in the Task Manger after Start up.

Interesting that you should mention a black screen. I keep getting random black screens. I have a Dell all in one. It's gone to the shop twice and they have replaced the logic board twice. But 15 minutes after booting up I get a black screen again.
    I wish I could figure out how to keep from getting this.

paminutah2002, Sep 27, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

i keep getting black screen

Hi Not nearly enough information! When are you getting a black screen? Use task manager to close other programs.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7

donetao, Sep 27, 2015
  5. duworm Win User
    Same problem, just started this morning (10/1/2015) right after it appeared to load awindows update. I have two laptops andonly one was affected. This message issent from the good machine, the other is unusable. (the good machine had to go though severalreboot before it started acting normal. the first couple is was REALLY slow, but no black screens.
    Task manager is not available. First I had the black screen with a workingmouse pad and cursor. Clicking on any of the buttons in the taskbar does nothing. Outlook reminders from8 days ago started popping up with the spinning blue circle as long as thecursor is on the outlook reminder box but no on the desktop. I cannot close the reminder box. the start button brings up the tiles but noneof them work. Not even the powerbutton. Cursor still moves but that isall. Rebooted several time without anyluck. Machine is a Lenovo u530touch. I7, 8 gigs of ram, 500g SSD alongwith a 1T harddrive, touch screen, Intel and Nvida graphics.
    Screen just changed and a tone came from the computer, likeyou would hear from a notification.
    About 10 minutes later the Word start screen along with thetask manage just showed up. Word is notresponding so I tried to close it by clicking on "End task." Didn't work. It shows CPU at 0%, memory at 25% disk at 0% and network at 0%.
    I cannot close task manager or Word. Start button still wont work so I have to doa hard reboot 10 minutes later. Disconnected all attached hardware. Unplugged battery charger for 10minutes and hit the on button.
    Lenovo splash screen, then blue windows symbol, then initialsplash screen showing date, time and in cave looking out over beachgraphics.
    click space bar and sign in with window password.
    With the SSD drive, this machine boots in about 11seconds. Unfortunately, this boot hastaken 4 minutes and the balls in a circle are still spinning.
    Several minutes after that, BLACK SCREEN. Cursor still works and can be moved with thetrack pad.
    Two minutes later the blue screen with the task manageroption pops up. It also show theinternet is not connected.
    This time clicked on the power button to try a correct shutdown and restart. Hmmmmm, dosent workeither. Computer is stuck on thatscreen, none of the options light up when you pass the cursor over them.
    2 minutes later, BALCK SCREEN. Cursor still works. But that is it.
    CRAP...................
    Went to lunch and left the machine on with the blackscreen.
    What a pain.

duworm, Sep 30, 2015
  6. my problem is I use two programs sometimes at the same time so should I do that?

danderson400, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

i keep getting black screen

1. i keep getting black screen - Similar Threads - keep getting black

2. I keep getting black screen when using the laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting black screen when using the laptop.: I keep getting black screen when using the laptop. I have tried multiple recommended steps such as checking the memory and chkdsk from the Run window with no impact or effect. May I get your support to fix this issue?...
  3. I keep getting black screen

I keep getting black screen: I get many black screens but every time the reason is different I Checked the event viewer and it seems most problems are error 141 or dwm.exe crashingbefore you say it- I updated my gpu driver- I switched my cablessome black screen events by screen viewer1. Fault bucket...
  4. I keep getting black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting black screen: I get many black screens but every time the reason is different I Checked the event viewer and it seems most problems are error 141 or dwm.exe crashingbefore you say it- I updated my gpu driver- I switched my cablessome black screen events by screen viewer1. Fault bucket...
  5. Why do i keep get a black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i keep get a black screen?: Hi! I was using my computer with windows 10 normally and out of nowhere i had a black screen and i was not able to do anything so i forced restarted it and after some seconds everything turned just blue. I tried different things that i found on internet, from deleting my GPU...
  6. Why do i keep get a black screen?

Why do i keep get a black screen?: Hi! I was using my computer with windows 10 normally and out of nowhere i had a black screen and i was not able to do anything so i forced restarted it and after some seconds everything turned just blue. I tried different things that i found on internet, from deleting my GPU...
  7. Why do i keep get a black screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. KEEPS GETTING BSOD and BLACK SCREENS

KEEPS GETTING BSOD and BLACK SCREENS: I keep getting BSOD & sometimes stuck at black screen while playing games, while my laptop is idle, or whenever I can't seem to find the problem. i tried the memory diagnostic and the result were there's no error. Here are my event logs can someone help me with...
  9. KEEPS GETTING BSOD and BLACK SCREENS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KEEPS GETTING BSOD and BLACK SCREENS: I keep getting BSOD & sometimes stuck at black screen while playing games, while my laptop is idle, or whenever I can't seem to find the problem. i tried the memory diagnostic and the result were there's no error. Here are my event logs can someone help me with...
  10. I keep getting a black screen forcing me to restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep getting a black screen forcing me to restart: Î keep getting a black screen without any warning, sometimes I can still hear sounds in the background, this only happens while gaming and without any warning. I already uninstalled my display driver with DDU and installed the newest driver from the NVIDIA website but I still...