Windows 10: I keep getting non-stop pop-up box asking for my user name and password for my g mail stmp...

Discus and support I keep getting non-stop pop-up box asking for my user name and password for my g mail stmp... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to stop pop-up box asking for my user name and password for my gmail stmp server?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dick PAVLIN, Aug 23, 2018.

1. I keep getting non-stop pop-up box asking for my user name and password for my g mail stmp...

How to stop pop-up box asking for my user name and password for my gmail stmp server?

:)

Dick PAVLIN, Aug 23, 2018

2. directory name invalid - pop up box

Please help - keep getting a pop up box stating - directory name invalid - G drive ? I don't have a G drive ? Suggestions please

MaddisonBeattie, Aug 23, 2018
  3. MickF-UK Win User
    Keeps on asking for cred user name and password.

Hi
    Niteshkumar1709

Thanks for your reply,

1. What exactly are you trying to change in Credential manager? I am just trying to view the stored

password(s) of the saved web sites.

2. Does the issue occur with a particular website? No I just open 'IE', Internet options-Content-Autocomplete-Settings-Manage Passwords, select an address from the list & press 'show'

I did as you suggested & set up 'admin' user with 'admin' password, when I open

Manage passwords & select Web Credentials it shows the list of saved passwords. I can select one of the

list & click on 'show' at the side of the password, a box pops up asking for the user password, I enter the password 'admin' and the asterisked password is revealed-that's ok.

My original question was-and still is- my normal account that I logon with is a 'local' account with NO

password, why should 1) Windows ask for a password in web credentials when Windows knows I have no password to logon with & 2) as I have no password why won't the pop up box accept a 'blank' password

that I set up my logon account with.

MickF-UK, Aug 23, 2018
  4. MattVU Win User

I keep getting non-stop pop-up box asking for my user name and password for my g mail stmp...

In Microsoft Edge a white box pops up saying the website is asking for user name and password

I just got a new computer sometimes when I'm trying to download something or buy something this really frustrating white box pops up labeled windows security, saying "Microsoft Edge" in big letters the announcing that so and so website is asking for my
    username and password. I tried my email, some various user names, and all the passwords I can think of. cannot get past this box. What username and password does it want? Can I reset them both? I went into my main Microsoft account and reset my password, but
    didn't help. This is the basic functionality we all need from our computers, my computer is near worthless without it.

MattVU, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

I keep getting non-stop pop-up box asking for my user name and password for my g mail stmp...

1. I keep getting non-stop pop-up box asking for my user name and password for my g mail stmp... - Similar Threads - keep getting non

2. Windows 10 mail window keeps popping up asking for password to locked account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail window keeps popping up asking for password to locked account: I have multiple mail accounts on my pc. One of them was for a workplace where I no longer work, so my mailaccount was terminated. Windows insists that I should enter the password, telling me the account is locked and that I should contact my support person to unlock it and...
  3. Windows 10 mail window keeps popping up asking for password to locked account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mail window keeps popping up asking for password to locked account: I have multiple mail accounts on my pc. One of them was for a workplace where I no longer work, so my mailaccount was terminated. Windows insists that I should enter the password, telling me the account is locked and that I should contact my support person to unlock it and...
  4. "The directory name is invalid" keeps popping up, non stop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "The directory name is invalid" keeps popping up, non stop.: I'd just bought a new hard drive to transfer some files from an older, existing hard drive for safe keeping. The old hard drive was fine but the error "The directory name is invalid" popped up for the new drive. I tried suggestions online like changing the USB slots, checking...
  5. I keep getting a box asking me to enter my password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I keep getting a box asking me to enter my password: This box appears constantly and I cant send e mails without completing it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-a-box-asking-me-to-enter-my/dc4e5968-8806-4f0d-998c-ee1de38f3815
  6. Continued pop up asking for server, user and password.

Continued pop up asking for server, user and password.: Using MS Outlook, receiving a popup asking for "Server", User Name and password. entered verified correct info yet does not accept entry and popup repeats itself. How do I remove this popup? Have checked with AtandT they say after running checks is an MS issue.they...
  7. I keep getting the message that My mail also needs to be updated. NON STOP !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting the message that My mail also needs to be updated. NON STOP !!: I need help. This is a brand new lap top ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-the-message-that-my-mail-also-needs/bf0fdb30-3646-4f0d-bbac-b52ff13b2700
  8. NAS drive keeps asking for user name and password

NAS drive keeps asking for user name and password: I restarted my router, and now my Synology NAS drive is asking for username and password. I can see the files on my TV and when I login to Plex online, but can't get to them in windows explorer. The user ID and password won't work....
  9. random pop up keeps asking for my passwords in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    random pop up keeps asking for my passwords in windows 10: keep getting this pop up asking for my password really annoying whenever i need to fill in a password online....can you confirm what it is please? [ATTACH]...
  10. Pop Up Box constantly asking "Enter Network Password" with no Inbox Mail being received

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop Up Box constantly asking "Enter Network Password" with no Inbox Mail being received: I have recently begun having a Pop Up Box constantly asking "ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD". I am also not able to receive Inbox mail. This just began yesterday...