Windows 10: I keep randomly disconnecting from the Internet Post-Upgrade

Discus and support I keep randomly disconnecting from the Internet Post-Upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 easily but ever since I have upgraded it seems that I keep randomly timing out of my internet service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paxaman0, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Paxaman0 Win User

I keep randomly disconnecting from the Internet Post-Upgrade

So I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 easily but ever since I have upgraded it seems that I keep randomly timing out of my internet service provider.

A little ! mark appears right next to my wifi and I have to go in and manually fix it, which is going to be a problem because college is starting for me and I have to have consistent access in order to take tests without disconnecting from the internet.

Is this a timeout issue or do I need to create a static IP? Has this been an issue with Windows 10? I didn't have this issue when I only had Windows 7 so I'm not sure what's going on. I also have already downloaded the latest drivers for my wifi adapter so that is taken care of.

How can I fix this?

:)

Paxaman0, Aug 20, 2015

2. ( Windows 10 ) Internet randomly disconnects

As the title says, my Internet connection randomly disconnects. This ocurred only after I upgraded to Windows 10.

It's not the Wi-Fi, the Internet cable is directly plugged in my laptop. Also it is not the ISP either.

Marian Barba, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Windows 10 internet connection problem

This is the exact same issue I am having. Since updating from 8.1 to 10, my computer keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet, whether using Chrome, Edge or Outlook 2013. Immediately corrects once I disconnect and reconnect to the WiFi. I know it
    is not my wireless router as other devices are working just fine.

Windows 10 has been great so far, except for this issue.

bonairedivergirl, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

This is most likely a problem with the network, maybe you could be advised by your network administrator.

5. Paxaman0 Win User
    I actually fixed a firewall setting that was blocking new imported devices. Hopefully this will solve it. *Smile

Paxaman0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I keep randomly disconnecting from the Internet Post-Upgrade - Similar Threads - keep randomly disconnecting

2. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting: My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770 with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly...
  3. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting: My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770 with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly...
  4. Internet keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly

Internet keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly: Please move the "Ask a question" somewhere else. Took me hours before I realized it was herehttps://youtu.be/3E2L6ON-DksMy internet keeps disconnecting, no networks show, but randomly my ethernet, which is my only internet connection, keeps appearing and disappearing,...
  5. Internet keeps disconnecting randomly after boot

Internet keeps disconnecting randomly after boot: Hi, Every time i reinstall windows i keep getting the same problem. My internet ethernet randomly disconnects. I get the symbol that i have no cable connected then after some seconds it reconnects. It can happen 3-5 times per hour. No one else in my house has this problem...
  6. Windows 10 randomly keeps disconnecting from internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 randomly keeps disconnecting from internet: Before I explain, I use Linux as my primary OS and never have this issue, so I know its not an ethernet wire/router issue. Upon logging in, the internet doesn't work, works for a couple minutes and stops again. I have a local proxy which I use in my house and have set it in...
  7. Internet keeps disconnecting randomly and frequently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet keeps disconnecting randomly and frequently: Hey, as the title says i've been having an issue where my internet would just keep dropping out serveral times in the space of a minute or just one randomly here and there, the icon that usually looks like a small screen turns into a globe looking icon and says im...
  8. My PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet: My PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. I've been looking for a solution for a few days to no avail. This is definitely NOT an internet issue since...
  9. Computer Disconnects From Internet randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Disconnects From Internet randomly: Hey, my PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. This is infuriating and I've been looking for a solution for about a month to no avail. This needs to be...
  10. I keep disconnecting from the internet for no reason

I keep disconnecting from the internet for no reason: I will be using Chrome and an asterisks will appear over the wifi bars at the bottom right of the screen. I then have to clcik the bars, select my wifi and then wait for it to reconnect. I hace to do this about every 30 seconds. I have tried unchecking the box that says...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp keeps disconnecting and reconnecting