Windows 10: I live in the USA but my Windows version was built for the UK. It always prioritizes news...

Discus and support I live in the USA but my Windows version was built for the UK. It always prioritizes news... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm sorry to hear about the scalding hot temperatures of 30 degrees in the UK, but where I live, in the southwest USA, we have Summer temperatures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gregariously, Aug 13, 2018.

1. I live in the USA but my Windows version was built for the UK. It always prioritizes news...

I'm sorry to hear about the scalding hot temperatures of 30 degrees in the UK, but where I live, in the southwest USA, we have Summer temperatures above 100 quite often.

:)

Gregariously, Aug 13, 2018
  2. GordieOgg Win User

USA NOT UK

I set my daughter up on her new Windows phone she is 12 and when i give her permission too download her apps , i get to the credit card section and its USA not UK ?

GordieOgg, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Nov update failed. Media Creation Tool insists on USA not UK

The November update failed through Windows update, twice; then I tried the Media Creation Tool using recommended settings back in December. It too failed, and in doing so did not quite revert back to how it was before. Eventually I got it sorted out. Since then I have identified and fixed two drivers that were at fault, one of which gave a BSOD following the failure just to prove itself.
    However, I am still on 10240, and would like to be up to date.

I live in the USA but my Windows version was built for the UK. It always prioritizes news... [​IMG]

The Media Creation Tool - even the one downloaded from the Microsoft UK site, shows that it is English (United States). When I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, all sorts of things in my PC got switched to US, and several parts including Cortana, would not work.

I live in the USA but my Windows version was built for the UK. It always prioritizes news... [​IMG]

Currently EVERYTHING is set to UK, so far as all of the settings in Control Panel go - for all users including any new user. I do not want to update and have similar problems to my initial upgrade.

However, if I change the recommended settings in the MCT and download the UK version, then run it, I am advised that it cannot keep my files and settings because my OS is different to the ISO.

What is it that makes it think my PC is a US version? Is there a way that I can fix that?

Fellwalker, Aug 13, 2018
  4. I live in the USA but my Windows version was built for the UK. It always prioritizes news...

USA NOT UK

so, go to accounts.live.com and log in. go to the billing section and correct as necessary

Was the account created on the phone, or is she using an existing Microsoft account from your family pack?

Phil101 Outlook, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

I live in the USA but my Windows version was built for the UK. It always prioritizes news...

1. I live in the USA but my Windows version was built for the UK. It always prioritizes news... - Similar Threads - live USA version

2. Why can't i get MSN UK news to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i get MSN UK news to work?: For some reason unknown to myself, when i click on any news item in MSN UK it says something went wrongand will end up re-loading main page again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-get-msn-uk-news-to-work/c3183869-46bb-4ec5-b68a-d1b6470222e7
  3. Why can't i get MSN UK news to work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't i get MSN UK news to work?: For some reason unknown to myself, when i click on any news item in MSN UK it says something went wrongand will end up re-loading main page again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-get-msn-uk-news-to-work/c3183869-46bb-4ec5-b68a-d1b6470222e7
  4. Microsoft thinks i live in USA when im living in Turkey

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft thinks i live in USA when im living in Turkey: I wanted to buy some minecoins in minecraft, after i entered my credit card number, i scrolled down to see it asking my for my state, and it was locked to USA. I cant buy anything like this, can someone help please? My microsoft account is set to Turkey, i dont know whats...
  5. Microsoft thinks i live in USA when im living in Turkey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft thinks i live in USA when im living in Turkey: I wanted to buy some minecoins in minecraft, after i entered my credit card number, i scrolled down to see it asking my for my state, and it was locked to USA. I cant buy anything like this, can someone help please? My microsoft account is set to Turkey, i dont know whats...
  6. Microsoft thinks i live in USA when im living in Turkey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Facebook Now Prioritizing Original News Reporting on News Feed

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Now Prioritizing Original News Reporting on News Feed: [img] When we ask people what kind of news they want to see on Facebook, they continually tell us they want news stories that are credible and informative. Today, we’re updating the way news stories are ranked in News Feed to prioritize original reporting and...
  8. News videos not available in the UK

in Windows 10 Customization
    News videos not available in the UK: I keep getting screen notes over a black video screen informing me the video I want to watch is not available in the UK. I'm LOCATED in the UK, so how do I get Windows 10 to know I'm based in the UK ?...
  9. What happens if I live in Uk but my OS is in Spanish?

in Windows 10 Support
    What happens if I live in Uk but my OS is in Spanish?: Hi all, I bought my laptop in Spain and am familiar with the Spanish OS which I haven't been able to change to English (Windows 7 home premium). Will I still be able to receive my upgrade here in the UK? What will happen? I don't mind if I get Windows 10 in Spanish, I just...
  10. The latest news, fast and fresh with USA TODAY for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The latest news, fast and fresh with USA TODAY for Windows 10: The latest news stories, photos, and videos you’ve come to expect from USA TODAY are now available in a beautiful way on Windows 10. The new USA TODAY app for Windows 10 is a Universal Windows App that allows you to quickly browse and read stories spanning News, Money,...