Windows 10: I lock my computer, and I can't log back in.

Discus and support I lock my computer, and I can't log back in. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I just installed a fresh new copy of Windows 10 onto my rig, and then upgraded to the Anniversary edition. After having locked my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rysear, Feb 3, 2017.

1. rysear Win User

I lock my computer, and I can't log back in.

Hello all,

I just installed a fresh new copy of Windows 10 onto my rig, and then upgraded to the Anniversary edition. After having locked my computer, going out and then coming home soon after, I went to log back on. Only for my lock-screen to slightly zoom in with my account picture, name and password input field gone. The bottom left icons, the network and Ease of Access ones, are visible. There is nothing I can do, save for waiting it out to return to the lock screen, or just push the restart button.
    I tried searching for solutions to this problem on my own, but everything that I found (enabling an administrative account, making it so PC doesn't lock from sleep) has not worked.

Any at all help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

:)

rysear, Feb 3, 2017

2. Windows 10 safe mode lock out

I'm locked out. I can't log in. Safe mode won't let me onto my computer. I can't get onto command prompt. I can't get my password to work. I can't get logged into my computer. Safe mode has me completely locked out.

KimleighMonea, Feb 3, 2017
  3. MarkHerb Win User
    Sign in on lock screen

I am the only one to use my computer. Why can't I get of the logon screen? If I am away from the computer a very short time I am back at my lock screen and have to log on again.

MarkHerb, Feb 3, 2017
  4. I lock my computer, and I can't log back in.

Hi rysear, and welcome to Ten Forums!

Very interesting too hear that your screen has zoomed into a corner of the lock screen. *sarc

If you can see the ease of access icons, try using magnifier (in ease of access) and see if you can move around the zoomed in screen with your cursor. *Smile You could also try tabing to see if you can get to the entry field for your password (however if you can't see it, this isn't much help)

Are you able to send a screenshot to see how zoomed in the screen actually is?

ellellell1, Feb 3, 2017
  5. rysear Win User
    It does not zoom in into the corner with the icons, just the lock screen enlarges slightly.

rysear, Feb 3, 2017
  6. Ah okay. So are you able to sign into the computer?

What about using safe mode? Does the same problem still occur?

ellellell1, Feb 3, 2017
  7. rysear Win User
    I've used safe mode and the problem does not occur.

I've also noticed that the problem occurs when using Windows for sometime. Say if I manually lock my machine right after booting up, the problem does not occur; everything is normal. This is true when locking it multiple times in a row as well (unlocking then locking it in succession.) It seems to happen when it's up for some time.

rysear, Feb 3, 2017
  8. I lock my computer, and I can't log back in.

Interesting... *sarc
    Did the problem start happening as soon as you updated to the Anniversary version? What about a system restore, to the point where it was working. You could try running startup repair as this may contribute to the startup configuration of the lock screen.

Probably an obvious question, but do you have the latest graphics driver?

Its a bit tricky to diagnose specifically the lock screen since its built into the settings app, so I guess reinstalling the anniversary update could be one option...

ellellell1, Feb 4, 2017
  9. rysear Win User
    I am unable to do a system restore, nor am I able to return to Windows 10 prior to the Anniversary update. I made a fresh install of Windows10, and the only copy I have is when it was on Build 10 I believe. My NVIDIA drivers weren't able to be installed on that one. And speaking of that, I did update them. The issue still persists.

I'll try a system repair, and if anything, reinstalling the AU.

rysear, Feb 4, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I lock my computer, and I can't log back in.

1. I lock my computer, and I can't log back in. - Similar Threads - lock computer can't

2. I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.: Hi! So I thought I had lost my HP device and so in order to keep it safe I locked it remotely from my phone. I found my laptop fortunately but to my dismay I couldn’t figure out how to log back onto it. Every time I try to enter my pin the screen returns back a message saying...
  3. I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.: Hi! So I thought I had lost my HP device and so in order to keep it safe I locked it remotely from my phone. I found my laptop fortunately but to my dismay I couldn’t figure out how to log back onto it. Every time I try to enter my pin the screen returns back a message saying...
  4. I need help logging back into my computer I locked my self out of.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.: Hi, I just got one problem here.In short: I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.In Long: I click on Start Menu, and then click on the Account icon, the "Lock" option is available. I click it. It did lock my computer. But...
  6. I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.

I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.: Hi, I just got one problem here.In short: I can't lock my computer. Every time I lock it, my computer will automatically logged back in.In Long: I click on Start Menu, and then click on the Account icon, the "Lock" option is available. I click it. It did lock my computer. But...
  7. I can't log into my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log into my computer: I have tried to log into my computer, but I don't know my pin. However, I do know my password. It will not give me the option to change my pin or anything. I only have the option to enter my pin. What should I do?...
  8. I can't log into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't log into my computer: I have tried to log into my computer, but I don't know my pin. However, I do know my password. It will not give me the option to change my pin or anything. I only have the option to enter my pin. What should I do?...
  9. I can't log into my computer

10. I can't log in to my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't log in to my computer: Hello after installing the latest update i got bsod. I did the system restore, it worked. When I left and came back, my computer crashed. Then I was able to log in, but today I can't log in for some reason, your password is wrong. You must sign in with your Microsoft account....