Windows 10: I lost 12G of something

Discus and support I lost 12G of something in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My 8.1 system partition had 48Gb+ of data on it. After installing Windows 10 and cleaning up, it's down to just a little more than 36Gb. After checking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by larc919, Aug 26, 2015.

1. larc919 Win User

I lost 12G of something

My 8.1 system partition had 48Gb+ of data on it. After installing Windows 10 and cleaning up, it's down to just a little more than 36Gb. After checking out all the installed programs and their settings, there's apparently nothing wrong. I even checked to make sure the drive hadn't been erroneously compressed. I'm at a loss. Nothing seems to be missing. Maybe it could have been a bloated pagefile, but I've historically kept the one on C:\ small (currently 16Mb min/50Mb max) with the big one in its own partition on a separate drive. Strange! *Huh

:)

larc919, Aug 26, 2015

2. Something in Windows 10

What in Windows 10 is eating up my 12G of data? My wireless router (home) is part of my Verizon cell phone plan. Verizon says my cell phone is using almost none of the 12G. It's my router. This started happening when my laptop downloaded Windows 10.
    I got hit with significant overage fees.

LisaDrysdale, Aug 26, 2015
  3. X6 cannot turned on after install program

as far as i could remember...

the mass memory is about 12G free

and

Ram maybe 7mb..

i dont know exactly about the ram...but the mass memory for sure...

rey_jefferstone, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

I lost 12G of something

Did the system come with 8.1 or did you upgrade from 7? If so it would have had a Windows.old which can be quite large. Cleanup would have gotten rid of that perhaps.

Ztruker, Aug 26, 2015
  5. larc919 Win User
    Windows.old wasn't present in 8.1 at 48Gb. It formed when I installed 10, but I deleted it soon after. It's been quite a few years since I've done a clean install, even through various hardware changes. The original system goes back to XP, then 8.0 and 8.1, and finally 10. Never had Vista or 7 on it.

larc919, Aug 26, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Probably old windows update files and system restore points.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I lost 12G of something

1. I lost 12G of something - Similar Threads - lost 12G something

2. I am lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am lost: I recently decided to reset my computer inspiron 3252 and ever since have not been able to log in to accounts, with it saying “user profile could not be loaded”. I tried using safe mode. However, i am just left with a blank, white screen where the hotbar flickers from time to...
  3. I am lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am lost: I recently decided to reset my computer inspiron 3252 and ever since have not been able to log in to accounts, with it saying “user profile could not be loaded”. I tried using safe mode. However, i am just left with a blank, white screen where the hotbar flickers from time to...
  4. I hope, there's something?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I hope, there's something?: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I want to create, transparent icons.Adobe Photoshop Elements. Does it, perfectly!But it's, not free.Is there any, third-party application.Like, Adobe Photoshop Elements. But, is free?And does as, good a job. "Exactly"?And are...
  5. I hope, there's something?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hope, there's something?: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I want to create, transparent icons.Adobe Photoshop Elements. Does it, perfectly!But it's, not free.Is there any, third-party application.Like, Adobe Photoshop Elements. But, is free?And does as, good a job. "Exactly"?And are...
  6. Was I hacked or something?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Was I hacked or something?: I called up Microsoft support because I got this license will expire soon notification. Then the guy told me to open windows powershell admin and type slmgr /ipk then what I think was a product key. Then another slmgr with something else, I can't really remember, I think it...
  7. After frequent BSODs stopped I lost something

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After frequent BSODs stopped I lost something: Had a series of BSOD, maybe 2 monitors, maybe the new Intel driver - anyway after running a series of in-line-reinstall, DISM-RestoreHealth, etc. the system is back to stable, but - the right click does not result in much. I.e. right-click on Chrome to open New Window or...
  8. I lost Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost Network: I have tried everything to try and get it back but I am on a HP pavilion 500-000 and it cant get internet unless a Ethernet cable is plugged in. I check in device manager and its not there just the ethernet device is there. I have a rt5390 device for network and checked In...
  9. I lost the audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    I lost the audio: I have no idea how or what to do about it. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-the-audio/2ce0079a-2583-4ec8-ae15-5572ff7a97b6
  10. Something lost in compressing/uploading/downloading/decompressing

in Windows 10 Support
    Something lost in compressing/uploading/downloading/decompressing: I've written a program that I want to make available to users on my webpage. The package consists of seven files: the .exe file, a .dll file, and five data files. I send all seven to a compressed (zipped) folder, so the user needs to download only one thing. I upload the .zip...