Windows 10: I lost all of my administrator rights when I downloaded Windows 10

Discus and support I lost all of my administrator rights when I downloaded Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have no rights to save to anywhere or do anything, iTunes wouldn't let me sync because I "didn't have enough access privileges" but apparently that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zaps13, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Zaps13 Win User

I lost all of my administrator rights when I downloaded Windows 10

I have no rights to save to anywhere or do anything, iTunes wouldn't let me sync because I "didn't have enough access privileges" but apparently that was something to do with the pictures, which then links back to me no longer having the rights to do anything on my computer. The answer is probably so close it'll bite me but I just can't see it.

:)

Zaps13, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Jon1977 Win User

i have lost administrator rights on my computet

help me

my computer had upgraded to windows 10 and I have lost all administrators rights. it doesn't recognise me or my password when I try to download or make changes. it keeps asking for an administrators password but then doesn't recognise any of the passwords
    I enter.

I can't update anything or do anything

Jon1977, Aug 4, 2015
  3. i have lost administrator rights on my computet

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

Just to clarify, are you trying to sign in for the first time after upgrading to Windows 10?

If so, I would suggest you to try the suggestion given be Wasim A in the link below and check if it helps.

Click Here

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 4, 2015
  4. EJ0872 Win User

Someone PLEASE help!!! This is driving me nuts!!!

I keep getting the message ... You don't have permission to save in this ;location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead?

I get the same message if I try to save in the Picture folder. I am the only one who uses this laptop.

EJ0872, Aug 4, 2015
  5. ossie Win User
    Can you access Control Panel and user accounts. Change your account type to Administrator.

ossie, Aug 5, 2015
  6. EJ0872 Win User
    I already did that last night. It shows I am the administrator on it, but I still can't save anything.

EJ0872, Aug 5, 2015
  7. mreid72 Win User
    I'm having the same problem, and I am listed as the administrator. Very aggravating!

mreid72, Aug 5, 2015
  8. Zaps13 Win User

Yeah it shows me as an administrator already. and I can't change to anything other than the standard user. And on top of this, my computer keeps crashing too, fourth time since Monday.

Zaps13, Aug 5, 2015
  9. EJ0872 Win User
    EJ0872, Aug 5, 2015
  10. Zaps13 Win User
    What exactly did you do? Because I go there, but the only new account that I see is this "Account Unknown" and a bunch of numbers at the end. I just want my old computer account, I can't even sign in to that, it's as if it was deleted once I signed in with a Microsoft account.

Zaps13, Aug 5, 2015
  11. EJ0872 Win User
    I did this .... "
    1. Right click an affected folder.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Security tab
    4. Click the "Advanced" button.
    5. Click "Change" next to Owner.
    6. Type your username, click the "Check Names" button, then click OK.
    7. Check "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" under the owner's name.
    8. Click OK again. If you get a message saying "Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you full control?", click "Yes" and you're done.
    9. Click the "Edit" button.
    10. Click on your username from the list.
    11. Check "Full control" underneath it.
    12. Click OK.
    13. Click OK again.

Repeat with all of the problematic folders. "

If this doesn't help you, I hope someone, who knows what to do, answers really soon.

EJ0872, Aug 5, 2015
  12. Zaps13 Win User
    Eh, all I had to do was sign back into my Microsoft account, and I was able to save to the pictures folder, and then the steps you listed work fine, as for my other problems, I've found a workaround for my iTunes, and the crashing I'm just going to have to deal with and hope Microsoft patches it in the future.

Zaps13, Aug 5, 2015
  13. EJ0872 Win User

Glad you got most of the things to work now. Hopefully there will be fixes for your other problem in the near future. Now I wish I could find answers on a firefox message board, to why my firefox keeps crashing. This started before the windows upgrade.

EJ0872, Aug 5, 2015
  14. Daveb Win User
    I've done this multiple times. It works, but when I shut down and re-start I have to do it all over again. It won't save the settings. Like others here, my account settings show me as being the administrator but for some reason Win 10 doesn't believe it.

Daveb, Aug 5, 2015
  15. Alboari Win User
    I don't have any administrator accounts now, Microsoft told me to do a clean install, but i cannot create the usb boot or anything without the elevated rights

Alboari, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. I lost all of my administrator rights when I downloaded Windows 10 - Similar Threads - lost administrator rights

2. I Have Lost All My Admin Rights Even Built-in Administrator Rights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Have Lost All My Admin Rights Even Built-in Administrator Rights in Windows 10: Hi There,I have deleted my built-in administrator account and accidentally i made my all user to standardI can't have any access to my pc to create a new user and i tried to go on safe mode also but can't get admin rights. I have tried everything but there is no...
  3. I Have Lost All My Admin Rights Even Built-in Administrator Rights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Have Lost All My Admin Rights Even Built-in Administrator Rights in Windows 10: Hi There,I have deleted my built-in administrator account and accidentally i made my all user to standardI can't have any access to my pc to create a new user and i tried to go on safe mode also but can't get admin rights. I have tried everything but there is no...
  4. I Have Lost All My Admin Rights Even Built-in Administrator Rights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I LOST MY ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS

in Windows 10 Customization
    I LOST MY ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS: I have only one unique administrator account on my laptop, I accidentally changed the status from administrator to standard user and I restarted the pc ,thus I can't access anything as administratora message will appear , " to continue enter admin username or password", I...
  6. lost all administrator rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost all administrator rights: Hello, I have a new computer and somehow I have lost all administrator rights. The yes button is grayed out and it says to enter administrator information, but I can not. I've tried the following: 1. Adding a new user as an administrator, but it won't allow me to because...
  7. I lost my administrative rights in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I lost my administrative rights in windows 10: I am the only one user on my laptop and it states me as administrator in account settings but when i try to run any software as administrator or click on any option which requires administrator permission to access, it says"Windows cannot access the specified device path, or...
  8. I lost my administrator rights on every thing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I lost my administrator rights on every thing: I am the only one user on my laptop and it states me as administrator in account settings but when i try to run any software as administrator or click on any option which requires administrator permission to access, it says"Windows cannot access the specified device path, or...
  9. Administrator rights lost

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights lost: hi, i first create a new user and made him admin i remove my self from the admin group disable the built in administrator change his password for a stronger one and i hide the new local user admin from the log screen in the registy after what i have lost the admin rigth...
  10. Lost Administrative rights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Administrative rights in Windows 10: When installing or deleting some programs or even accessing my previously worked out folders, I'm told I need to have administrative privileges. I'm the user on my computer and I'm listed as administrator and my brother also uses this computer having different account which...